"stiff" pump spring
Beast sun shell
Dual cage 29 element sparg
HD low/reverse roller clutch
Trans-Go seperater plate and shift kit
Input shaft reinforcement sleeve
5 planetary front and rear gear sets
Hardend output shaft

I am planning on doing the rebuild this weekend and have it running sunday night, I will post pics of the rebuild and the parts as I do the rebuild. Wish me luck guys, this is my First 4l60E rebuild, I have done 700R4's and I know that the 4l60e is the same thing and I know it will be one bad bitch when Iam done.
Old 03-31-2004, 06:18 AM
jfm
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Best of luck to you.

I have a couple of questions for you.

1-I thought that the 5 planetary sets were more for trucks and not to exceed 6300 rpm shifts.

2-check out the FLP site and you will see that he uses the "corvette"servo not the 2nd and 4th billet type.Just as a heads up I was told the same thing [use the stock Corvette servo]by a local builder.

3-Change out your plastic accumulator piston for a pinless or at least a billet one.

Last edited by jfm; 03-31-2004 at 06:27 AM.
Old 03-31-2004, 06:43 AM
Teching In

I am curious as to where you got your parts and about how much did they cost. I am doing a rebuild myself. I tore into mine already and really cant find anything at all wrong with it. But I still have no 3-4.
Old 04-14-2004, 08:52 AM
Staging Lane

Sorry it took so long to reply, I am using the 5 pinion planets as are most of the top tranny builders out there, they are much stronger and noone has seemed to have problems with them over 6300 rpms. I am also using the billit servo for a much improved shift over the corvette servo, I wanted a much firmer, shorter shift.

I bought Blue plates and steels, gaskets, sprags, and band from ATC in Dallas, TX, My servos and shift kit came from KDS performance in Arlington, and the rest came from Transmissioncenter.net.

Guys this tranny was a breeze to rebuild when I got the right tools. I finished it up last night and have been driving the wheels off her and love the shift feel and the holding power of this tranny. I also corrected the 2-3 manual shift, it no longer has delay when you move the shifter from 2nd to 3rd, as soon as you hit 3rd it shifts. Only thing I don't like is the 1-2 shift the trans-go gives, It is firm no matter how much throttle you give the car, I am going to change out the 1-2 spring for the Sonnax progressive rate spring to soften the 1-2 under normal driving. If you have any questions about the rebuild please ask, I will be happy to anwser any of your questions.
Old 04-14-2004, 08:55 AM
Staging Lane

By the way the total for all my parts was a little over 950.00 labor 0.00 being on the road again priceless.