Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

those with hella 60mm - issues with blinding ppl?

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2012, 11:11 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default those with hella 60mm - issues with blinding ppl?

I put my hella 60mm projectors in last month and have only driven the t/a a few times at night so far. I have the lights adjusted correctly (25 ft from garage door ect ect)

when following ppl most of them seem to freak out like i'm blinding them but my cutoff is visibly well below their bumper. I've been brake check numerous times and one person even came to a complete stop in front of me and flashed his high beams over and over again then turned up a driveway.

I have tried adjusting the lights down even more but its to the point I can see me than 20 feet ahead of my car.

I've had ppl drive in front of me and they seem to think the lights are fine. That maybe when going over bumps ppl might think i'm flashing my high beams (if it were a single light car).

Anyone else have this problem? should i just go back to the stock lights?
Old 06-13-2012, 11:57 PM
Launching!

Are your headlight doors loose or does the line go up and down? If so it may look like a flashing light to the opposing driver. Common with TA headlights but not as noticable unless you have projectors
Old 06-14-2012, 09:25 AM
TECH Regular

I have had no problems and my cut off is kinda high
Old 06-14-2012, 12:40 PM
Copy & Paste Moderator

Received 187 Likes on 141 Posts

I have the Hella 90mm projectors and I'm fine. No issues.
Old 06-14-2012, 02:18 PM
TECH Fanatic

No problems here with mini h1s, make sure your cutoff is 2 inches lower on the 25 ft wall than the actual light on the car if that makes sense.
Old 06-15-2012, 02:34 PM
Staging Lane

Yea I did the measurements 25ft from the wall and experimented with heights. currently put it back to 2" below. I had adjusted them down real far and still seemed to have the same problem. Maybe I'll just ignore all those ppl and leave it set where it should be.

My housings are pretty tight too - no bouncing around.

thanks for the responses
Old 06-15-2012, 07:38 PM
TECH Fanatic

Are you measuring your mark on the wall from the top portion of the step, or the lower portion?
Old 06-16-2012, 07:36 AM
Captain Double Post

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Your setup is probably fine, people have grown to screw with anyone that have anyother colored light than the norm, there are so many people that run 10k and just blind the crap out of people, what im trying to say everyone that is giving you crap is pretty much an a hole, if you have done everything said i dont see why you would be blinding others
Old 06-16-2012, 10:30 AM
TECH Fanatic

Another thing to consider would be that those hellas are a halogen projector, and when you add an hid bulb it can stray light in other places, unlike an hid projector. Could be the case.
Old 06-16-2012, 01:07 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by dabest09
Another thing to consider would be that those hellas are a halogen projector, and when you add an hid bulb it can stray light in other places, unlike an hid projector. Could be the case.
The 60mm Hellas do pretty well with controlling the HID lamp output.

Couple things I would look into are how they are mounting to the car. Do they jiggle or move in anyway? This would cause a quick flicker which could make drivers think you are flashing your high beams at them.
Old 06-16-2012, 04:41 PM
TECH Fanatic

Also, if the ground you aimed them wasn't completely flat, that could be the difference of a few inches on uneven ground. Those few inches could add up to a few feet in the distance that oncoming cars are seeing. When a car passes in front of me, the top of my cutoff is right at the top of their door so I know mine can't be blinding. Have you ever noticed where yours ends on other car's doors when it hits them?
Old 06-19-2012, 09:17 PM
Staging Lane

I've been experimenting and the passenger side lid is a little loose so i'll try to fix that and see if it helps. the actual projector and how it is mounted seems tight. I figured this out by unplugging one light and driving around. made it more noticeable.
ill pull a level out and make sure on where they are aimed. the cutoff height bouncing off other cars depends how far away i am from them. following someone about 5-6 cars back its not even hitting their bumper and about 1 car back its at its highest and not over the trunk.
so i'll fix the loose lid and see what happens. Thank you all again!

Quick Reply: those with hella 60mm - issues with blinding ppl?