Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

New Apine and JL installed but needs some advice

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2004, 10:12 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default New Apine and JL installed but needs some advice

First off Please excuse me I don’t know to much about system so busy trying to get my SS to go faster haven’t paid to much attention to my system actually its a weight issue but man I get tired sometimes just listening to my loud exhaust all the time so I decided to go ahead and get me some sound without adding to much weight.. Well I just installed my new Alpine 9813 head unit with JL 250/1 amp and the JL stealth box with the 10-W-O sub and I have the JL wiring kit with JL RCA cables. And I must say DAYUMM that alpine is so F**KIN AWESOME and that MX button rocks and that sub gives out really clean bass like when jamming to Metallica you feel that kick drum just slap in the back of the head; just out right and an awesome combo I think. Well anyway I still have a lot to learn about my head unit. Now I don’t know what the hell I am really doing but I know so far form the advice of friends and info on LS1tech I have seen I think I got an ok system but I need to upgrade my sub to the 10 inch JLW3v2 I hear it rocks harder than the W/O but will it fit in the JL stealth box I mean the magnet it’s not to big. Well I want to upgrade the the door speakers as well as the 2 in back and the rear hatch area but don’t know what brand to really get I hear that boston acoustic sound killer but also I don’t want to have to add another amp I was told that the Alpine head unit could push all six aftermarket speakers in my car fine but not sure on that but they guy who sold me the head unit said it would be ok I don’t plan to bass out hard or anything or enter any comps I just would like to have so loud *** clean Heavy metal jamming.. Any advice would be greatly appreciated..ThanX
Old 03-31-2004, 10:10 PM
TECH Apprentice

First off, do you have the monsoon system? If so, read the two "sticky" threads at the top. They'll tell you how to wire aftermarket speakers to the monsoon system. If not, you CAN power them off the headunit....but they'll only be getting roughly 24WRMS. Not much at all. Also, I don't think headunits can run 2 ohm loads....so I don't know how you plan on driving 6 speakers with only 4 outputs from the headunit. I'd ditch the hatch speakers anyway.
Old 04-01-2004, 05:13 PM
TECH Veteran

careful with that "MX" button it boosts the low and high frequencies aliitle too much and can put alot of stress on your system causing stuff to blow prematurely.
Old 04-02-2004, 10:13 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by maddboost
careful with that "MX" button it boosts the low and high frequencies aliitle too much and can put alot of stress on your system causing stuff to blow prematurely.
Thanx good info..Ill keep that in mind