LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

water coming out sparkplug hole!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2012, 08:42 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default water coming out sparkplug hole!!!

doing a v6 to v8 swap etc etc was turning the converter to bolt it to the flexplate and water would pour out the sparkplug hole wth? what does it mean what can i do etc etc.
Alittle history, LT1 motor 97' been sitting for a few years on a engine stand in the shed. found a really cheap v6 cause my 93' racecar project is at a standstill and no 01' SS to play with so i wanted to get back in the game so does anyone have an idea wth is going on...oh and it was just the one hole um pass side 3rd from the front of the motor thank you for your time
Old 06-14-2012, 08:51 PM
TECH Regular

Probably a bad head gasket. Or ,hopefully, some rain water got in there. Was the water rusty? Did it look or smell like coolant?
Old 06-14-2012, 09:11 PM
Teching In

It would be best to pull the head....Because if its been sitting and its just water the cylinder will have rust built up....So its not worth taking a chance...And when you pull the head make sure to look at the gasket and cylinder wall to see if there is a problem.........
Old 06-14-2012, 09:22 PM
Launching!

very clear and not a smell to it mite b rain water had a couple of storms lately, sinse it's been in a shed for years and now this. so it's a good thing it's not rusty? and it doesnt smell like coolant?
Old 06-15-2012, 08:42 AM
Village Troll

Received 517 Likes on 373 Posts

Originally Posted by daddyoisback
... it's been in a shed for years and now this.
On that info alone it would be a good idea to pull the heads to see what kind of condition the cylinders are in as well as replace all gaskets and seals.
Old 06-15-2012, 09:29 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by SS RRR
On that info alone it would be a good idea to pull the heads to see what kind of condition the cylinders are in as well as replace all gaskets and seals.
Exactly, you should never just throw in a motor that has been sitting for that long. Condensation, bugs, mice, etc can get in there and ruin it without you knowing. I would pull the heads and check before firing it up.
Old 06-15-2012, 05:56 PM
Launching!

gotcha plan on pulling the heads and droping the oil pan too, all ready planned on all new gaskets intake,v covers,water pump,headers etc so now head gaskets and back to the search menu for info on heads.

no mice, condensation...i can see that here in MI, had every hole blocked or taped off so no bugs or bee's plus it's my shed in there once aweek min to get lawnmower out so i also seen it lol

Quick Reply: water coming out sparkplug hole!!!