Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

D581 coil wiring...

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2012, 11:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default D581 coil wiring...

I'm not really sure where this should go, this is my first post. I'm not doing an LSx swap currently (though I really want to do an LS powered 80s BMW 3 series), but I am using LS type coils...

I picked these up:

(please disregard the hilariously bad spark plug wire routing)

They came from an 06 Cadillac Escalade according to the eBay auction (which checks out on the AC Delco site), but I'm not using the stock wiring harness, only the ends. I'm building a Megasquirt setup for this and I have everything else working but not getting spark...

So the point of my post, I've been Googling for quite a while tonight trying to figure out how these should be wired... I wired them like an LS2, as seen here:

Now obviously something isn't working and I'm trying to figure out if it's because I wired them backwards... Are they wired like LS1 coils, with all the wires in reverse order, like so?

I'm not averse to rewiring them but I want to hold off on rebuilding my ignition wiring harness until I have confirmation...

Thanks

Last edited by Elysian893; 06-16-2012 at 01:26 PM.
Old 06-16-2012, 03:21 PM

Nothing?
Old 06-17-2012, 02:43 PM

Well I figured it out., I had the wiring correct on the coils. I used my JimStim with a 1.5a 12v power supply, connected the coil to the 12v output, the ground, and used the 5v output to trigger the coil (just tapped the wire to the coil), hooked up a spark plug to the coil, grounded the plug to the JimStim and it fired the spark plug no problems.
Old 06-17-2012, 06:51 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm sorry that no one was able to help. Good luck with your build, and I'm glad you ended up finding the info you needed.
Take care!

Quick Reply: D581 coil wiring...