Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

lq4 into 94 GT

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2012, 06:38 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default lq4 into 94 GT

I am trying to do a 5.3 swap into my mustang for a reasonable amount of money. There is no set budget but the more I spend the longer it will take me to get it on the street again. I have pulled the old set up. I picked up a set of ls1 swap headers last week and I am picking up a 01 camaro motor that slung a rod out today. The camaro motor has a good oil pan, intake, and a few sensors I will need. My biggest questions are.

What casting heads should I be looking for since I am looking for? Should I just find a good bottom end and use the heads off the 01 camaro? I have found several 5.3s out of an suv but form my research the heads on them suck for performance reasons. My future plans is to do it mostly stock for right now. Get it all running good and dialed in. Than put a turbo on it in the winter. If anyone has any tips or advice it would be great. It seems like a pretty good site from the info I have read so far. THanks
Old 06-17-2012, 05:47 PM
Launching!

i did it as cheap as i think it could possibly be done and i have 5600$ in it including paying 900$ for the car that already had roush wheels on it 700$ 5.3/60e combo with front drive acessories free stall converter 302 shory headers with lsx flange welded on. i think only thing i paid full price for was the AJE kmember and motor mounts, 4 in cowl hood and tires.. ahd buddies give ma alot of extra parts they had laying around.. the trips to autozone, oriley, napa etc add up quick
Attached Thumbnails lq4 into 94 GT-lsx-stang-5.jpg   lq4 into 94 GT-lsx-stang-1.jpg  
Old 06-17-2012, 08:40 PM
Staging Lane

Was you able to use your factory radiator?

Where did you mount the ecu?

Your swap looks pretty good i like how you did the air filter!

Quick Reply: lq4 into 94 GT