Street Racing & Kill Stories - Took down a subaru bro...

View Full Version : Took down a subaru bro...

V8EATR
06-16-2012, 02:56 PM
So at our local spot a 05 STi pulls up, sounds/looks nice. I figure its gotta be faster than most of the na hondas around here so I ask him to run. He asks me what I have. I point to my GTO.

This is where it gets good. He says, "man, you gotta find me something faster than that, those aren't worth my time." So I ask him whats done to it and he says "20g turbo, tbe, 376whp on a mustang dyno, and yea, its fast."

He then says he doesn't wanna race casue he doesn't wanna get caught. So I say, well you only made 376, I made more than that so maybe I shouldn't waste my gas racing you. That does the trick.

Here is the dig, the roll isn't even worth watching lol.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dUNUJ3BV_kg&feature=player_embedded

Now this car has potential. It does have a billet wheel 20g TRX or something like that. But it still had the stock top mount intercooler. A FMIC and e85 would probably make some power.

willizm
06-16-2012, 03:05 PM
good story and even better kill story. Glad you put the cock in his place. I had a kid with a bolt on pullied gt500 a few months ago saying nothing was worth running here. He wouldn't run my TA after he saw that I had a big as intercooler hanging out the front, but for about 5 minutes before hand he was saying I wasn't worth the gas then afterwards it was excuse after excuse and that I'd slaughter him. No kill on my part, but damn I wish I could have baited him in better like you did.

Daz
06-16-2012, 03:07 PM
I used to be a Sti owner ! I loved it and I hated to get rid of it but I hate when people get real cocky(probably its the fastest car they own or been in). I mean really... You have to consider in your mind that if someone ask you to run that THEY MAY HAVE MODS AND KNOW HOW TO DRIVE! It makes people think all Sti owners are dipsticks. Altough a did take down a stock 06 Gto due to a not so good driver. All I had was a TBE.

Good Kill OP !

HioSSilver
06-16-2012, 03:17 PM
Good kill! I bet you humbled his ass.

V8EATR
06-16-2012, 03:19 PM
Thanks. I don't know why people can't just race for fun and just be happy win or not.

Nemesis350
06-16-2012, 03:34 PM
Awesome! I did the same a couple years ago, but the guy was cool... he just didn't think i'd take him from a dig (i have mickeys lol).

I still want an STi for a daily tho

willizm
06-16-2012, 04:07 PM
STI's are nice. I'm just more of an Evo guy, but haven't had a chance to own either yet :(

evolve
06-16-2012, 04:11 PM
Evos are sweet man^. I had one that made about the same power as the STi in the vid. Great kill OP!

HioSSilver
06-16-2012, 04:11 PM
I've worked on a couple subi's. I liked them until I did. Very cheesy cars.

95'FiReChIcKeN
06-16-2012, 06:05 PM
I read somewhere that 400 H.P is the max for their stock bottom end before stuff starts going horribly wrong... so if he gets that FMIC and E85 it might not last long after. Either way, good kill OP.

38394Z28
06-16-2012, 06:10 PM
lol, I wish I was there for this. I miss all the good stuff.

hugger1975
06-16-2012, 06:16 PM
I will never get why people don't run for fun.

Someone knocks on my door.
I'm in.

Hell, I wish my neighbors would bug me more :lol:

95'FiReChIcKeN
06-16-2012, 06:18 PM
I will never get why people don't run for fun.

Someone knocks on my door.
I'm in.

Hell, I wish my neighbors would bug me more :lol:
Easy to say when you have cars that ACTUALLY perform :(

hugger1975
06-16-2012, 06:39 PM
^hell, I'm beggin my neighbor to run the balt in his cammed camaro.

odthetruth
06-16-2012, 06:47 PM
Post the roll anyway. We need to see the walking!

V8EATR
06-16-2012, 07:00 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dzRaZ0W1YAg&feature=player_embedded

ask and you shall receive. We did a couple runs like this, at his request and they all turned out pretty much the same.

ScreaminRedZ
06-16-2012, 07:31 PM
Good kill! What's the story with that Mustang?

V8EATR
06-16-2012, 07:49 PM
Thats the build 01 cobra that has been discussed here recently. 5.0 stroker, blah blah blah.

ScreaminRedZ
06-16-2012, 08:33 PM
Must have missed that thread, lol.

V8EATR
06-16-2012, 09:23 PM
Yea he will dyno next week. Car will likely make 420-430whp and it weighs 3300 w/o him.

big hammer
06-16-2012, 09:49 PM
his training wheels helped him for a bit but after that it was buh-buy!

CruseMissle
06-17-2012, 12:07 AM
I have a similar story about a sti guy also but he was packing 530hp! BTW nice kill

1_MEANZ28
06-17-2012, 12:57 AM
should of keep going and put the hazards

V8EATR
06-17-2012, 10:07 AM
Ha, I think he got the point.

MACH32V
06-17-2012, 10:25 AM
OP..that was great! I love stories like that. Stories like that always make me laugh!
Excellent!...BTW...you ride sounds really nice.

Sounds like that STI guys was used to running slow ass Hondas and never ran into a LSx car.

This brings up another good point. I used to hang out in a spot where there was half imports and half domestic cars. You would be amazed how much the import guys do not even take V8 domestic cars seriously. There was a total lack of understanding and knowledge of what V8 domestic cars can do. They would so quickly dismiss the domestic car as not even being a wothy opponent.

I have to say that most domestic car owners may not always like imports but I feel, that we at least acknowledge their potential in modified form.

bad_408_vert
06-17-2012, 11:06 AM
^ most of those guys are young cocky guys who just go by what they hear about domestics being crappy.
They buy a car that their friend has or think its fast because of what they see in movies and then have the same attitude without really knowing about the cars.

evangto87
06-17-2012, 12:08 PM
Glad to see the GTOs defending its name... unlike most of the other guys with them stuck in the 12s with h/c cars. Props to you sir.

V8EATR
06-17-2012, 12:12 PM
^ thanks. And I see that alot too and it makes me sad. Some people on the GTO forum with like 450whp running 12's and trapping 113, its sad.

evangto87
06-17-2012, 12:18 PM
^ thanks. And I see that alot too and it makes me sad. Some people on the GTO forum with like 450whp running 12's and trapping 113, its sad.

agreed... i went 12.1 at 113 with 350whp lol... with 3.46s.

95'FiReChIcKeN
06-17-2012, 02:40 PM
^ most of those guys are young cocky guys who just go by what they hear about domestics being crappy.
They buy a car that their friend has or think its fast because of what they see in movies and then have the same attitude without really knowing about the cars.

Well said sir... all the rage right now is "JDM". Even when the first F&F movie came out, im glad I got my T/A. Apperenlty if your car doesnt have VTEC it aint worth shit :bang:

Daz
06-17-2012, 02:47 PM
Well said sir... all the rage right now is "JDM". Even when the first F&F movie came out, im glad I got my T/A. Apperenlty if your car doesnt have VTEC it aint worth shit :bang:

A lot of those VTEC guys have moved on to boost+VTEC !

2SSARME
06-17-2012, 02:51 PM
Most import guys will talk shit on domestics but refuse to race because their "tune not set in" "boost leak" "clutch slipping" (insert any dumbass excuse here).

I actually had a guy in a twin cam 1980 corolla (stock engine, thing won't even go 100+ mph). All he had was a sequential transmission for fast shifting. He would be in top of 3rd by 60mph....

He actually came up to me, talked shit to me, saying he would drag my ass, then refused to race me when I didn't accept his "dig run from 0-60." I was like.. who the fuck races from 0 to 60? I even offered to give him 2 buses. He came back with a bunch of ghetto colored friends to talk shit. Almost got into a fight that day until they found out I was carrying a 45 on my hip.

95'FiReChIcKeN
06-17-2012, 02:56 PM
A lot of those VTEC guys have moved on to boost+VTEC !

Really? shit... all hope is now lost for us Domestic guys :nono:

adamantium
06-17-2012, 04:11 PM
Yeah america baby, i hate dat dere rice.

jbhotrod
06-17-2012, 09:26 PM
Most import guys will talk shit on domestics but refuse to race because their "tune not set in" "boost leak" "clutch slipping" (insert any dumbass excuse here).

I actually had a guy in a twin cam 1980 corolla (stock engine, thing won't even go 100+ mph). All he had was a sequential transmission for fast shifting. He would be in top of 3rd by 60mph....

He actually came up to me, talked shit to me, saying he would drag my ass, then refused to race me when I didn't accept his "dig run from 0-60." I was like.. who the fuck races from 0 to 60? I even offered to give him 2 buses. He came back with a bunch of ghetto colored friends to talk shit. Almost got into a fight that day until they found out I was carrying a 45 on my hip.

LOL, wow haha thats pathetic. Was this in the states?

DSS
06-18-2012, 03:53 AM
damn that STi was a piece of shit, 385whp? haha what a bull shit claim, looked slow as fuck prolly 270-280 on mustang dyno, and another one with a very shitty driver, glad you killed him

i own both a STi and C5Z i pretty much hang around both crowds

and i hear that just as much from the domestic crowd, if anything from experience the domestic owners tend to complain more and full of excuses, specially when it comes down to racing a AWD car from a dig, they always want go from a roll, but if a nicely build powerful import FWD car try to get a race, all of a sudden its " real man race from a dig only " attitude comes from the domestic owner

alot " car people " in general are bunch of coward lames

2SSARME
06-18-2012, 03:58 AM
LOL, wow haha thats pathetic. Was this in the states?

Nah. Down here in Central America.

Who in the fucking US would try to bully a 600+rwhp car with a fucking 1980 corolla with stock engine?

garner
06-18-2012, 04:09 AM
Nice kill!

A lot of the import guys(at least around here) go for them cause they're "cool" and a lot of the chicks seem to like them too. One kid I used to go to high school with just got a 03 350z with tune, exhaust, and headers and was like I'm at 380 hp. A few of us just laughed. He had like 5 chicks around him though...although most are sloppy sluts lmao

V8EATR
06-18-2012, 09:04 AM
Well not wanting to race a AWD car from a dig with a street tired RWD car is different than making excuses AFTER a race. RWD guys wanting a roll is just looking for their strong suit, just like your is a dig with AWD. But its after the race where most of the stupid import kids just start pouring out excuses. This kid says his tune wasn't right, well why in the hell would you put exhaust and a turbo upgrade and not tune it or if you tuner sucks and its not right, why race it?

damn that STi was a piece of shit, 385whp? haha what a bull shit claim, looked slow as fuck prolly 270-280 on mustang dyno, and another one with a very shitty driver, glad you killed him

and i hear that just as much from the domestic crowd, if anything from experience the domestic owners tend to complain more and full of excuses, specially when it comes down to racing a AWD car from a dig, they always want go from a roll, but if a nicely build powerful import FWD car try to get a race, all of a sudden its " real man race from a dig only " attitude comes from the domestic owner

NOLAG05
06-18-2012, 09:11 AM
Agreed, I owe a built 05 & 07 STi, and a V. Both sides talk just as much shyt as the other... I have had people askin for 2-4 cars to run my STi because the will spin... I say street racing is just like at the track. Line them up and run what you brung... You don't get space at the drag strip...http://unmistakables.com/_v_/vin_diesel/mainpic01.jpg
Ask any racer, any real racer. It doesn't matter if you win by an inch or a mile; winning's winning

NOLAG05
06-18-2012, 09:14 AM
My AWD is good with either a dig or a roll... I agree with you 110%, why bring that piece of shyt out and run if its not tuned... for both imports & domestics! If i lose, i give ya hand shake and say good run...

Well not wanting to race a AWD car from a dig with a street tired RWD car is different than making excuses AFTER a race. RWD guys wanting a roll is just looking for their strong suit, just like your is a dig with AWD. But its after the race where most of the stupid import kids just start pouring out excuses. This kid says his tune wasn't right, well why in the hell would you put exhaust and a turbo upgrade and not tune it or if you tuner sucks and its not right, why race it?

Daz
06-18-2012, 10:00 AM
Agreed, I owe a built 05 & 07 STi, and a V. Both sides talk just as much shyt as the other... I have had people askin for 2-4 cars to run my STi because the will spin... I say street racing is just like at the track. Line them up and run what you brung... You don't get space at the drag strip...http://unmistakables.com/_v_/vin_diesel/mainpic01.jpg
Ask any racer, any real racer. It doesn't matter if you win by an inch or a mile; winning's winning

Whoa you have an '05 AND '07 ! Those are my 2 favorite years, the '05 for the wider stance and knew front diff and the '07's for the longer gearing and better than '05 front diff.

NOLAG05
06-18-2012, 10:05 AM
Yes sir, i think i PM'd you pics the other day...

Daz
06-18-2012, 10:09 AM
I saw the '05 but got caught up doing something else. What do you think of the new STi sedan ?

NOLAG05
06-18-2012, 10:19 AM
meh... i'm 50/50 with it, same with the Evo X... the new cars will never make the power the olders one are know for... AMS put the EVO on the map when they crack'd the 1000awhp on the dyno. You will never see that from the X.

1992TsiAWD
06-20-2012, 11:20 PM
meh... i'm 50/50 with it, same with the Evo X... the new cars will never make the power the olders one are know for... AMS put the EVO on the map when they crack'd the 1000awhp on the dyno. You will never see that from the X.

Just because the X may never go over 1000hp (although I won't be surprised if it does), that does not mean that the 4B11T is a bad engine.

Ryan Gates (AMS-sponsored driver) ran a full racing season of time attack with a bone stock (besides cams) 4B11 making over 500whp without any real engine problems.

V8EATR
06-21-2012, 09:27 AM
^ x2. We have a guy around here with a fp black? X making 500-510whp for a while and he hasn't had any engine issues with it.

NightmareTA
06-21-2012, 04:57 PM
Yeah america baby, i hate dat dere rice.

Nice kill man! Way to rep for the GTO crowd. Making people believers, one kill at a time.

V8EATR
06-22-2012, 07:10 AM
Oh I'm doing my best to represent. Too many slow GTO's out there. People who think they are slow need to race one with the right mods and the right driver.

Raoul-Duke
06-22-2012, 08:22 AM
Lotta respect for Sti's/Evos.

I could just never own one, They are so damn ugly. There is nothing cool looking about em, huge raised roof line. Interior is as plain as a 4th gen, Give me a Corvette....