Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Heads?

Old 06-17-2012, 10:39 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Heads?

OK guys I'm really going back and fourth on my head choices. I need some help here with this. I really want the car to be a SERIOUS street car, I never drive it but I do like my AC and not really wanting to make it a track car so it will be full weight.

So far Ive got 3.90's out back and a 4K stall with full suspension and 1 7/8" TSP headers. I plan on building a 408 N/A motor with a custom cam(maybe Pat G) to mach the set up. The intake is going to be a ported fast 102 with a 102TB and a FTRA lid. So what Im looking for now is some heads. I am between Mast Ported LS3's with a full LS3 top end or AI TFS 230's or even PRC 237's. let me know your thoughts and why. Im not really on a budget as far as heads. I just want a nice 500+RWHP car. If I can get a drivable 550RWHP then I won't complain either. Thanks tech!
Old 06-18-2012, 07:04 PM
LS1TECH & Trucks Sponsor

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

If you are looking for something to push the envelope you might check out our new PRC 247s. They are obviously a larger version of the 237s that will flow a little extra air up top. With your 4000 stall I don't think the low end will be effected enough to notice and the top end will help make some extra power.

Here is a link to the heads:
http://www.texas-speed.com/p-3557-pr...der-heads.aspx

If you are wanting to go LS3 I would look pretty hard at our aftermarket casting LS3 heads. Having a ~15cc smaller runner but moving the same air as most LS3 ported heads really spreads out the power band.

link: http://www.texas-speed.com/p-3200-pr...der-heads.aspx

Search this Thread