General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

LSx combos

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2012, 11:16 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LSx combos

I see alot of posts about many different LSx options being dropped into these cars...I currently have a 2002 Z28 w/LS1 in it...its pretty fast, but I just got it and its not my daily driver its a weekend warrior...I suppose I need to figure out if i want to have a forced induction or N/A car first but what types of LS motors should I be looking for if i want more cu.in. and will drop right into my car? What types of things should I do to the current LS1 I have if I want massive power? Are the lower ends weak? If theres a post here somewhere explaining all of these things please tell me...
Old 06-18-2012, 03:10 PM
Teching In

The bottom end of a ls1 is very strong. I guess you would have to be more specific when you talk about your goals. Do you want a daily driver or track car? If you have the money the sky is the limit for power.
Old 06-18-2012, 06:38 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There are issues and advantages with just about any combo. From my experience, go to a good builder that will put together the correct combination and more then anything a great tuner is a must have no matter what you choose.
Old 06-18-2012, 10:13 PM
TECH Addict

First I would decide how much HP you want to make, unless its a crazy amount the LS1 will probable be good enough to reach your goal with either a nice H/C setup or F/I. And while there are other good combos out there the LS1 is a great engine. I would guess that a lot of the guys with other combos didn't necessarily replace their LS1 that was working fine but had issues with it and went with something else that works a little better with their setup.
Old 06-18-2012, 11:43 PM
Staging Lane

alright well thanks for the help guys. my uncle owns a machine shop with an engine dyno and everything o he can def help i was just curious what people typically switch to when they want to make a bad *** street car and if i were to do forced induction i wanted to know if the lower end would take it with this LS1
Old 06-25-2012, 10:14 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Lower end will take you a little ways but once again it comes down to what your goals are and a great tuner