Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Power Adder Special: Turbo Civic and Supercharged Mustang GT vs Nitrous G8 (No Vids)

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2012, 09:09 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Power Adder Special: Turbo Civic and Supercharged Mustang GT vs Nitrous G8 (No Vids)

I wasn't able to head out until late Saturday night, but some of my friends were still cruising, so I decided to take my car out and meet them. I wasn't there long when we started seeing a green Civic hatch making laps by the parking lot we were in. They said he had been cruising up and down all night trying to get races. I never saw him get on it, but they said it looked like it moved out.

After a few more minutes he pulls in and parks at the end of our line of cars, next to the G8, so we walk over to see what was up. They were just kind of standing there, so one of the guys with us mentions a race and the driver says sure asks who wants to run them. I told them I would and asked what they wanted for a race. They went with the standard issue 40 mph roll and we worked out the specifics of where we were gonna run, etc, and then headed out. I had no idea what was done to the car and they never asked me about mine. I did notice that it had a full interior and they piled 2 passengers in, which was odd.

I had hit it quick on the way over to purge the nitrous system and we lined up, with no traffic except my friends behind us. I gave him a second to make sure he was ready and then motioned and got the nod that he was good to go. Three honks and we hit it. I jumped out as I heard a loud pop from his car and then the loud, unmistakable sound of a turbo spooling up. Judging from how loud it was I figured it was a big turbo car and expected him to come cranking by any time, but I just pulled away until I could see him in my center rear view mirror (4-5 cars I'm guessing). It looked like they might have stopped my pull towards the end, but never started coming back before we let out.

We all pulled into a gas station and they were all smiles, telling me my car was fast and asking what was done, etc. All very nice guys with no excuses. I told them it sounded like they were spinning pretty bad and they confirmed, showing me the street tires. My friend asked what they had done and the driver said it had Precision 6768 turbo and that it put down 467 whp. At one point he mentioned that it doesn't see 19 psi until 3rd or 4th gear. I don't know what the motor setup was or anything else that was done to it, but I told him to get some tires and we'd run again, which he gladly accepted. I got the impression that he had just bought the car and didn't know a lot about it yet. Not a good showing at all for a car like that, but the guys were all nice and there was no drama, so it was a good time.

Later that same night we were hanging out in another lot bs'ing and a dark gray S197 and red Mach 1 cruise by and then make the flip and pull in. I was in a mood so when they got out I walked over and asked which car was faster. They joked around, saying they were stock, but the jig was up as they pulled in since you could hear the whistle coming from the S197.

They were all friendly and said the Mach 1 had bolt-ons and the stock tune and the 2005 GT had a Paxton 2200 blower. I asked the guy with the GT if he was interested in a run and he asked what was done to my car and then agreed. We agreed to a 40 mph roll and cruised out, with him having one passenger and me riding solo.

We line up and I motion to make sure he's ready and then honk it off and we hit it. I think I hit it a little late and he jumped out a half car and then pulled another half car right away before I stopped his pull. We stayed just like that until we let out, with him a car in front, but neither of us gaining ground.

We pulled into a gas station and both agreed it was a great race and both cars moved out. I asked what he put down and he said it made 470 rwhp. I'm not sure what the exact setup was, but it was pretty loud, so at least exhaust, and I'm guessing most of the bolt-ons for that kind of power. He did say the motor was stock.

I asked if he was interested in another run and he said sure, so we went out and lined up again at 40 mph. Three honks, but this time I hit it right with him. He still jumped out a 1/2 car (that must be a great spot for him), but I stopped him right away and then slowly pulled back even. Once I got even the cars kept going back and forth, trading fenders. Just when it looked like one was about to start pulling, the other would pull back even, right up until we let out.

We pulled back into the gas station after and chatted briefly. Definitely one of the faster S197's I've run into out here.

No videos unfortunately since I was riding solo that night, but it was a fun time. And to think I almost stayed home
Old 06-18-2012, 09:23 AM
TECH Apprentice

wish i could read...lol. Good runs~
Old 06-18-2012, 09:59 AM
TECH Apprentice

Sounded like some great run's but to bad you didnt catch it on video.
Old 06-18-2012, 10:37 AM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sometimes it's just more fun to type out the story than click a link to post a video! Nice runs, SRZ.
Old 06-18-2012, 10:46 AM
Staging Lane

Nice runs.
Old 06-18-2012, 11:55 AM
TECH Fanatic

Great story!

I bet you have a lot of people thinking, "WTF, why is this family sedan keeping up with me or beating me?"
Old 06-18-2012, 12:37 PM
Teching In

How much power are you making on the shot?
Old 06-18-2012, 12:53 PM

Thanks guys! Turns out my friend knows a cousin of the guy with the GT so there might be more races in the future, which I'll try to get on film.

Originally Posted by LightningTeg
How much power are you making on the shot?
516/570 last time I was on the dyno.