Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Using LS1 alternator with LS2 E40 PCM

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2012, 03:18 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Using LS1 alternator with LS2 E40 PCM

I'm swapping a 2005 Corvette LS2 (E40 PCM) into my racecar to replace the blown up 6.0L LQ4. I was using the LS1 alternator which has a single wire going to the alternator from the PCM. On the LS2, the PCM has two wires going to the alternator. I've searched this site and others for the last hour and half and can't find an answer. Can I use the E40 PCM to run the LS1 alternator?

I would prefer not to have to buy a new alternator so I can avoid the hassle of getting everything to fit again. (It's all custom)

Thanks
Ken
Old 06-19-2012, 02:20 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Anyone? I came across a number of threads where people were asking about this, but none of them ever came to a conclusion.

I'm assuming worst case scenario I can run the alternator off 12V with a resistor in line correct?

Ken
Old 06-19-2012, 09:37 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

The computer doesn't really have anything to do with the alternator.

If you look at the excellent drawings in the thread below, the only difference between the early vette and F body is a second wire going from the F terminal to a switched 12V source. You won't need that with the LS1 alternator, so simply disconnect that wire from the alternator plug.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/conversio...aq-thread.html

Quick Reply: Using LS1 alternator with LS2 E40 PCM