Pontiac GTO 2004-2006 The Modern Goat

Best company for bushings

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2012, 12:17 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Question Best company for bushings

So I'm reading a lot on here how people have had to update or put new bushings on the car to prevent wear and bad ride. So what company did you guys go with and what brand did you get?

Mines an 06 and I do have stearing shutter when breaking so I need to get that fixed.
Old 06-19-2012, 05:21 PM
TECH Apprentice

I got the Energy Suspension bushing kit. This includes most of the major bushings (front and rear control arms, rear cradle bushings, front and rear sway bar bushings, rear sway bar end link bushings). It's a very good kit and (relatively) cheap when compared to buying those bushings all from another company.

For the ones that don't come in that kit (front & rear radius rod bushings and strut top bushings), there are several different providers to choose from. Pedders (overpriced IMHO), Lovells, Whiteline.
Old 06-19-2012, 07:30 PM
Launching!

I'll also be doing energy bushings, for the control arms, and rear sway bushings, rear cradle. For all the other bushing's, I use Lovell's. I have their Fr Radius rod, eliminator struts/springs with strut mounts, outer tie rod's, Next is there bushless endlink. I do have the energy suspension front sway bar bushing. All of it work well together.
Old 06-19-2012, 09:50 PM
On The Tree

The braking shudder may be your Front Radius Rod bushings. They are very soft on our cars and prone to allowing the front tires to flex towards the rear of the front wheel-well causing very aggressive toe-out.
I used a mix of Pedders, WhiteLine, Lovells and Energy bushings when redoing my whole suspension with Poly. I have had good luck with all the above brands.

The two biggest problem causers in the front suspension are generally the front Radius Rod bushings and the Strut Mount Bushings. You could replace both of those and notice no increased harshness in ride quality, but your front tires will stay in alignment correctly and the car will feel more confidence inspiring to drive.

The other bushings on the car are all too mushy for performance use ( imho) but will get you where you are going.
Hope this helps,
--Glenn
Old 06-20-2012, 12:09 PM
11 Second Club

Thanks... I was wondering about that. I also have warranty from the dealer that I got the car from but I don't think Bumper to Bumper would include bushings

Originally Posted by Glenn B
The braking shudder may be your Front Radius Rod bushings. They are very soft on our cars and prone to allowing the front tires to flex towards the rear of the front wheel-well causing very aggressive toe-out.
I used a mix of Pedders, WhiteLine, Lovells and Energy bushings when redoing my whole suspension with Poly. I have had good luck with all the above brands.

The two biggest problem causers in the front suspension are generally the front Radius Rod bushings and the Strut Mount Bushings. You could replace both of those and notice no increased harshness in ride quality, but your front tires will stay in alignment correctly and the car will feel more confidence inspiring to drive.

The other bushings on the car are all too mushy for performance use ( imho) but will get you where you are going.
Hope this helps,
--Glenn
Old 06-20-2012, 12:39 PM
TECH Regular

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

So are these all the bushings that can possibly be replaced? (Sans Eninge/trans mounts, and driveshaft donut)

Old 06-20-2012, 07:13 PM
On The Tree

Those are pretty accurate pics of the bushings on our cars.
One I dont see in the pics is the Poly rear differential mount support. It installs in the rear differential mount where it attaches to the chassis.
Also, a couple companies make Solid Sway Bar End Links, and I like those a bit better over the bushed factory end links as they make the sway bar ( factory or aftermarket) more responsive.
Old 06-20-2012, 07:33 PM
TECH Regular

Does anyone make solid steering rack bushings?
Old 06-20-2012, 08:28 PM
On The Tree

The steering rack is held to the cradle on the drivers side with a solid mount / bolt through design. On the passenger side of the rack there is a rubber bushing surrounding the rack and a metal band / clamp thing around the rack that is attached to the cradle similar to the drivers side..
I do not know if there are any aftermarket parts to make the mounting more solid than the factory set-up.
After my long tube header install I am all to familiar with that PS rack.......
Old 07-06-2012, 12:50 PM
On The Tree

pedders makes a steering rack bushing.For the bushings I would use energy suspension and lovells.try Kollar Racing
Old 12-06-2012, 06:09 PM
TECH Regular

Going to bump this thread.

This is the GTO's front control arm and Kollar Racing sells these control arms with Whiteline bushings already installed.

If one were to purchase these, then the only other bushings for front suspension would be the Strut Mounts (W41772) and Front Radius Rod Bushings (W82047), correct?

So I'm assuming those bushings in the middle of the arm seen in the picture are the 'Rear Radius Rod Bushings' (W81099) and the ones on the far left of the picture are the 'Lower Control Arm Bushings' (W51233)?

Last edited by 409CISecondGen; 12-06-2012 at 06:15 PM.
Old 12-06-2012, 10:51 PM
Staging Lane

I'll be doing Whiteline, when I do all mine. I have heard nothing but amazing things from them.
Old 12-07-2012, 10:18 AM
12 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I've used Super Pro for quite a few. Excellent bushing and I'd also recommend Lovells. With those Kollar Racing control arms in hand you'd need front radius rod bushings, strut mounts, strut bumps stops, sway bar and sway end links to complete the front end. I'd pass on the steering wheel bushing. For 99% of us it wirks fine the way it is.
Old 12-07-2012, 03:27 PM
TECH Regular

I've used Nolathane in both our cars.
Old 12-07-2012, 04:20 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by 409CISecondGen
Going to bump this thread.

This is the GTO's front control arm and Kollar Racing sells these control arms with Whiteline bushings already installed.

If one were to purchase these, then the only other bushings for front suspension would be the Strut Mounts (W41772) and Front Radius Rod Bushings (W82047), correct?

So I'm assuming those bushings in the middle of the arm seen in the picture are the 'Rear Radius Rod Bushings' (W81099) and the ones on the far left of the picture are the 'Lower Control Arm Bushings' (W51233)?

These are the Front Radius rod bushings. W82047E

The yellow one.
Old 12-07-2012, 04:36 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by NW05gtoWA
These are the Front Radius rod bushings. W82047E

Yes I have those in the mail already. I'm also doing the strut mounts with bearings when I do coilovers, and doing the sway bar end links when I do sways. So basically, what I want to know is if theses arms will be everything for the front end?

Originally Posted by svede1212
I'd pass on the steering wheel bushing. For 99% of us it wirks fine the way it is.
Also, I'm going to get the steering rack bushing, but I'm trying to find someone to machine them solid before I buy polys. I've had solid steering rack bushings before on my SC400 and they were awesome (Last listing on page http://battleversion.com/store/sc-91-00/).

Last edited by 409CISecondGen; 12-07-2012 at 04:42 PM.
Old 12-08-2012, 12:31 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by svede1212
I've used Super Pro for quite a few. Excellent bushing and I'd also recommend Lovells. With those Kollar Racing control arms in hand you'd need front radius rod bushings, strut mounts, strut bumps stops, sway bar and sway end links to complete the front end. I'd pass on the steering wheel bushing. For 99% of us it wirks fine the way it is.
After I heard that BMR will be selling Super Pro, I think I might get those now.

Quick Reply: Best company for bushings