View Full Version : Surprising race at the beach...

Tzone21
06-19-2012, 06:42 PM
Was cruising around in the Camaro when i see this dark grey mazda pull out a few blocks back. He had tinted windows and a loud exhaust that sounded throaty so i let him catch up to see what it was. He starts riding my ass pretty hard so i knew he wanted to run. I havent had a run since i got the new slave cylinder and a few other parts fixed so i lined it up. Turns out to be a 2010+ Mazdaspeed3 with the front bumper that looks like a mouth trying to eat you. Guy rolls down his window and wants a 30 roll, i wasnt being picky so i give him his 30. I line up in 1st gear and give him the hit. Surprisingly were pretty even untill i get higher in the rev range, probably pulled a fender on him. Fuck! i hit the rev limiter, damn its been too long since i last raced. He pulls about half a car length, i rip it in 2nd gear and immediatly pull a car on him by the top of 2nd before i shut it down. We had a few more runs but they wernt clean at all so not worth mentioning. I have no idea what he was packin but it didnt seem like your typical mazdaspeed3.
I have to say his car sounded really good and was clean as fuck. Had aftermarket chrome rims as well, couldnt see much else.

2000 SS Camaro Long Tube Headers, 3' catless Y pipe, 3' LM2 catback, Lid, 92mm TB, Fast 92mm Intake Manifold, McLeod Adjustable Master Cylinder, 275/40r/17 Nitto NT555 Rear Tires, Tuned by Frost ECU, Fresh tune up with Plugs/Wires

bh353
06-19-2012, 07:28 PM
I ran one just the other day in the morning from a slow roll in first gear..Like a dumb ass i forgot to take traction control off and with the road being cold i would spin and hit the limiter everytime through third..I pulled half a car on it,but damn that fucker suprised me.Now i look for his ass every morning so i can put a beating on him...lol

Tzone21
06-19-2012, 07:51 PM
damn, sounds like it wasnt a race. more like a battle for traction. These little bastards can surprise you if your not carefull lol

bh353
06-19-2012, 08:05 PM
I don't know if it was stock or not but i did notice it had a big ass intercooler and the front plate was off to the drivers side bumper..I don't know much about them so i couldn't tell,But the little bitch was fast..

HioSSilver
06-19-2012, 09:15 PM
cough cough......someone needs the driver mod.

Tzone21
06-19-2012, 09:29 PM
cough cough......someone needs the driver mod.

yeah ill admit i was a bit lazy on the driving, its been a while