Generation IV Internal Engine 2005-2014 LS2 | LS3 | LS7 | L92 | LS9

Easy question... Seemingly impossible answer

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2012, 05:20 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Easy question... Seemingly impossible answer

I spun 2 rod bearings in my LS2 everything else is fine as far as not needing replaced. Rods are able to be recon'd and everything else that is reusable under normal circumstances is being reused. What should I expect for the total price on machine work labor along with the price of OE replacement bearings and all other associated hardware that is a necessity in a standard rebuild (gaskets, seals etc.). I'm reassembling everything myself so no labor cost involved with that. I've been asking the machine shop for an estimate on the total for a few days now and I can't seem get a straight answer and I feel like I might be getting dicked around with. The block has been at said machine shop for almost 2 weeks. So with that being said I would appreciate it if someone knowledgable than myself when it comes to LSX machine work could chime in and provide some insight so I don't get unknowingly screwed. Thanks.
Old 06-21-2012, 12:06 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So what is the machine shop going to do with the crank? Polish or cut it. I would guess 500-600 bucks for everything.