06-20-2012, 07:09 PM
This weekend is gonna be my first pass on a drag strip. And yes I'm a little nervous. My question is what should I set my front struts to they are kyb agx struts with stock springs. I know that 1 is supposed to be the soft cruising setting and it says 8 is the harder more stiff race setting but I have no idea. Any pointers will be extremely appreciated.
06-21-2012, 08:18 AM
Would like more details of the car but....
- Take our ALL misc junk due to extra weight
- Consider draining the washer fluid, remove floor mats, CD's all junk, 1/4-18th of a tank of fuel
- If running street tires, air fronts to max, maybe a few pounds over. The rear depends if you spin. IF you do then you can try not being so hard on the launch or take some air out. If radial too much hurts so like said see where you are.
- Shock settings again will vary, see if stiff works
- Wash the car and wax (clean surface drags less air)
- A/C off well before getting there, if they see water, you get kicked off the line
- Windows up, Seat belt on, if you have a SNELL rated helmet, take it.
- Watch for the guys that call people up
- Drive AROUND the water box if you can.
- Slight burnout to clean off tires
- Pull to the line slowly, watch for the 2 bulbs, as soon as the 2nd one lights up, stop
- Not sure on the trans so basically practice launching, and pay attention to the car so that means Radio and cell phones off, its your time to pay attention on what the car does.
- If it gets loose, just let off the throttle and dont get back into it, just drive it down the lane.
- Be courtious to other drivers / racers