Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

Need some help with injectors for LQ4 with Typhoon Intake Manifold

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2012, 08:53 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Need some help with injectors for LQ4 with Typhoon Intake Manifold

Picked up a Typhoon intake manifold from another member here a few months back to replace the truck intake manifold on my lq4 for clearance reasons. Im putting the lq4 into a 71 nova using BRP's kit.

The typhoon intake has their fuel rails on it but no injectors. Im trying to figure out what injectors will work with this intake/fuel rail combination and which ones i should get for my application.

For now im leaving the heads and cam alone but it will have headers installed. I am planning on a decent sized cam and 243 or 799 heads shortly after i get it in the car and running. Main focus is just to get it installed and all plumbed up then i will start a pile of parts to install in a weekend to liven it up a little bit.

Ive got the complete truck intake manifold off of the engine still, I know that the truck injectors are taller than car injectors but you can run them on GM intakes using fuel rail spacers. Im not thinking that will be possible with the typhoon intake/rail combo but please correct me if im wrong.

If ive got to spend the money on injectors id rather only do it once and i know with the heads, intake, cam, and headers when all of the comes together i will need bigger than stock. Im also wondering if bigger injectors will run fine on the stock setup but will just have a lower duty cylce?

Thanks
Old 06-21-2012, 09:25 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Also would like to know what steam vents and valley cover/knock sensors i need to run to fit this intake. I set it down between the heads last night and it seemed like it was sitting against the steam tubes and maybe even the valley cover or knock sensors.

Quick Reply: Need some help with injectors for LQ4 with Typhoon Intake Manifold