New LS1 Owners - Newbie Tech - Mods I'm thinking of
06-22-2012, 03:36 PM
I have a 2000 WS6. I was thinking of doing SLP lid, LS6 Intake, Texas Speed Long Tubes and Loudmouth 2.
Couple of questions:
1. Is there any HP increase from deleting the cats?
2. Is there in HP increase with deleting the EGR(I think you have to with the LS6)
3. Is the LS6 intake worth the price?
4. I've heard people talk about their car running poorly after getting rid of the EGR...is this more with the LS1 intake
5. How much HP increase am I looking at?
06-22-2012, 04:30 PM
Any decrease in exhaust flow is going to decrease HP so in theory deleting the cats is going to allow for higher gains but is it worth it if you live in a area that does emissions, prolly not but if you live where emissions are not checked I would go with the ORY. I surely will once i can pony up enough money for headers. As for the ls6 intake the price is worth it if you can find it for cheap, or you can Port your ls1 intake if you wanna save some money. As for total HP increase with LS6 intake, headers, ORY and catback I would say something like 30-50 HP depending on how the car reacts, maybe more maybe less but thats a relative number. Hopefully someone can help you with the EGR?'s or I think i remember seeing stuff writen about that in some of the sticky's in this section.
06-22-2012, 04:35 PM
if egr becomes a issue i am sure you could get a tune to make it right
06-22-2012, 06:08 PM
1. yes, but very minimal 2-5hp
2. No, cleans up engine bay, no more vaccum sound upon start up, slight weight decrease.
3.Yes, 8-15hp over the ls1, depending on other mods.
4. No....way off base here..You'll just have to have air/egr tuned out to get rid of the ses light.
5. 30-45hp give or take.
Your in the right direction as far as completing your exhaust, I did my ls6 install, (egr-air delete) headers, and duals this spring and it feels like a beast comparably to how it ran last year.
06-22-2012, 07:01 PM
i have an ls6 intake for sale if interested. its nice.
06-22-2012, 08:39 PM
high flow cats dont rob alot of power.
a good tuner will know what codes needs to be deleted.
what size headers are you going with?
06-22-2012, 08:55 PM
not to mention I sold my ls1 intake on e-bay for $140...
06-22-2012, 08:58 PM
I've yet to have my car tuned for lts and ory (no egr/air) and it runs just fine :)
06-22-2012, 09:19 PM
It'll run better tuned though...
vBulletin® v3.7.4, Copyright ©2000-2013, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO