Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

help me decide, gmpp intake or ls6

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2004, 09:00 PM
9 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default help me decide, gmpp intake or ls6

I'm really considering buying this gmpp single plane intake and putting a 1000cfm bbk 4 barrel throttle body on it and sticking with the fuel injection. But I hear that it only flows alittle more than the ls6. But I think it has much more potential to make power, and I don't have any clearance issues since it's in a street rod.
I will have about 7 or $800 invested once it's all said and done, do you think it will be worth it? Or should I just wait for something else to come out?

Thanks
Frank
Old 04-01-2004, 07:20 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

DUDE! I need to see that car

I think the gmpp would be the cooler way to go with your setup... but certainly will be more labor intensive. Have you thought about a 90mm LSX ?
Old 04-01-2004, 08:00 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by WILWAXU
DUDE! I need to see that car

I think the gmpp would be the cooler way to go with your setup... but certainly will be more labor intensive. Have you thought about a 90mm LSX ?
I thought about the LSX but I'm having a hard time cutting loose with that kind of money. I can do all of the work myself with the gmpp.
Here's some pics of the car.Chevy II

Thanks
Frank
Old 04-01-2004, 08:29 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Are you still thinking about a turbo? That might be part of the consideration..

We have a EFA F-body event at MIR on Saturday morning. I'm sure we can get your car in if you want to come
Old 04-02-2004, 08:35 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by WILWAXU
Are you still thinking about a turbo? That might be part of the consideration..

We have a EFA F-body event at MIR on Saturday morning. I'm sure we can get your car in if you want to come
I would love to go but Iv'e got the front suspension apart to install some coil overs. I was thinking of going for the swapmeet though.

I'm leaning tward the turbo right now, but I change my mind every other week. I just love the sound of the big cam and the instant power when you smash the gas. But the turbo would potentially take me into the 9s very easily and that's my goal. I want to run pump gas, drive my car to the track and run 9s on dot tires, then drive home.

Let me know the next time you heading up to Cecil, I'll try and meet you up there.
Frank