Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Livernois or Katech H/C Packages

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2012, 08:56 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Livernois or Katech H/C Packages

Anyone on here running a Livernois or Katech H/C package? I'm in Afghan now, but I live 30 mins from Livernois. I have a 2004 CTS-v (67k miles) with a MP112 (04 install), headers, all bushings and mounts. Stock clutch, heads, everything else. It has NOT been tuned that I know of, and the only shes only blown a couple belts.

She's a whinny-runner and I love it! I don't want a money-pit, 10 second drag car; just a little more!

My questions are:

1. Is it worth the "Livernois / Katech price" to have them install one of their packages? I rec'd a quote from Livernois, and it was over $7000 after they suggested a clutch, smaller pulley, labor and other odds & ends.

2. Does anyone know a reputable go-to LS guy running around SE MI (Detroit) that can kill that price and match the performance?

3. What cams can you suggest for the Maggie? Would you leave the heads, port them, or get newbs?

I'm about youtube'd out here guys!

I would love the car to be tuned and ready to rock by the time I get home on July 20th. Any and all help is appreciated!
Old 06-24-2012, 09:15 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hell no. Put your own H/C package together with a clutch and spend 2k less. Most cam packages typically price between $730-$780, get a used set of 317's for fairly cheap and also bump the CR down a notch for some cushion and turn up the boost with a smaller pulley. If it were me, I would get a custom ground boost cam with PR and springs, 317's, smaller pulley, clutch $750 for a single disk, fuel pump (racetronix), maybe injectors, misc fluids and gaskets $200, and a tune. Looking at 2500-2800 in parts. You can find a reputable shop that will do a H/C and clutch install for around 1500.
Old 06-25-2012, 07:20 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Definitely thinking about everything you mentioned, +1. Are the 317s a direct replacement for the 243s or would then need to be machined, PP'd, etc..? What about the Maggie, will she plop right back on top?

I need some closure on the build as I'm in Afghan, and I'm sure as hell not going to turn wrenches on my 2 week RnR (put 1 tons & 44s under the Jeep last R&R = woof). I want everything tip-top and stout, but the $6800 proposal was pretty redic IMO.

I know the old H/C question has been overplayed, but this is my 1st time working with boost. If this was my old 97 or 99 Z, and I was home; I'd grab a package and toss it in.

Quick Reply: Livernois or Katech H/C Packages