Notices
Vehicle Classifieds This an archive of the older vehicle classifieds, please create a new listing in our Marketplace.
Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Price:

Mileage:

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (State):

Color:

Transmission:

Drivetrain:

LS Engine?:

Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price:

Part Fits:

Location (State):

Item Condition:

Engine:

LS Engine?:

99 TRANS AM WS6 ERL 427 twin turbo

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2012, 09:16 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default 99 TRANS AM WS6 ERL 427 twin turbo

Year: 1999
Make: Pontiac
Model: Trans Am
Price: $49999
Mileage: 17000
Private or Dealer Listing: Private Listing
Location (State): Can-BC
Color: Red
Transmission: Automatic
Drivetrain: Rear Wheel Drive

99TAWS6:APS TWIN TURBO KIT,LG UPGRADE TURBOS 1400 max hp potential.,not counting the nitrous.
ERL 427 ls3 superdeck 1,callies dragonslayer,manley rods,wiseco pistons, arp head studs,arp main studs,
ls2 conversion kit,slp double roller ls2 chain,ls9 cam,1.7 yella terra rockers.6 bolt head option
Aps twin turbo kit ,lg upgrade turbos.
.Afr 225 heads,,yella terra 1.8 rockers arms,lunati link bar roller lifters,fluidampr, slp oil pump and slp double roller timing chain,ls9 cam,Mls headgaskets,fast 90intake manifold NW 90mm throttle body,GMPP wires,Ron Davis radiator,RPM 4l80e,hp tuners,race ready electric cutout,Yank PY3400e,Dana 60 3.54 gears, custom carbon fiber driveshaft heaviest yokes, Zex direct port nitrous 300 shot max potential,Lonnies twin pump fuel system,80 pound injectors, fast fuel rails, AIS alc injection,Corsa catback, hotchkis lower control arms,spohn panhard/chrome moly swaybars,kenny brown double diamond subframe connectors,bmr relocation brackets/k member,adjustable torque arm and trans relocation bracket ,strange double adjustable shocks, Firehawk 274/40/17 wide ovals front and 275/40/17 toyo tq drag radials rear , ET street 275/40/17 drag radials for fun and track.TTM chrome mags.C5 z06 brakes,Kvr rotors ,Kvr pads,stainless brake lines,Mtx amps and dual 12 inch mtx subs.subthump box,stock head unit,infinity front doors and beside rear passenger seats.Interceptor gauges, eboost 2 boost controller, msd 2 step,slp linelock,wideband.More mods likely forgetting and some extra parts will include with the car if still have them at time of sale.

Bascially have around $50,000 parts into car.Most major mods turbo kit,engine,rear end brakes etc were installed within last year or two and have next to no miles on them. Not counting any labor. Car has 28,000km.17000/miles. One owner me, bought new never smoked in , never eaten in.
No pets allowed in car,never winter driven. Always garaged. No accidents of any kind. Top of line WS6 car converted to auto as clutches weren’t standing up to the power of the turbos that well. Full leather,loaded power windows,locks,drivers seat,mirrors,cruise,air ,tilt ,t roofs. Only options didn’t get was traction control and 10 disc changer. Top of line trans am model. .And heard all about how modded cars go for cheap but don’t care if can’t get price that want for car won’t sell it. And not parting the car.

Car is in good strong running condition. Very fast even at only 10psi turbos can go to 30psi and have not used nitrous ever on the car mostly put it on for car shows.
New engine has around 2500 miles on it.
Car needs to be professionally dyno tuned still has only a base tune. Car has not been tracked or dynoed yet. This is one of the fastest cars you will likely ever be in . It is very streetable though Car just made a 1000 mile trip through mountains from Regina to BC ,no overheating a totally driveable 1000hp or more car that can get 20mpg!! And destroy almost anything you come across on the road. Car was sask plated but would need bc or other province safety and guess sask safety once I get it bc safety which likely will if don’t sell it shortly. They should nationalize this safety BS!

Would look at trades on viper 2005 and newer only. Porsche 2000 models awd twin turbo, mercedes
sl 55 ,sl 600 and possible some years of sl500.
Attached Thumbnails 99 TRANS AM WS6 ERL 427 twin turbo-99tt.jpg   99 TRANS AM WS6 ERL 427 twin turbo-99tt2.jpg   99 TRANS AM WS6 ERL 427 twin turbo-99tt3.jpg  
Old 08-21-2012, 08:08 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

is traction a issue with that kinda power?
Old 08-21-2012, 08:49 AM
TECH Veteran

I had nitto 555 first they were useless
, been running toyo drag radials they are better
and work not too bad in the rain.
To hook up the best at track or on street
ET street radials are necessary have set mounted
on same rims . Also my boost controller can ramp
boost by rpm , time or gear . I have not
hooked up controller yet just been running
around at 10 psi which is still crazy with the 427!
And my car has no factory traction control
an option that would be handy sometimes!
There is an add on traction control was loooking
at getting.
Old 08-24-2012, 10:43 PM
Teching In

deff. a great build man. i wanna do one up like that soon. were buying a house in january after that ill start the project, n e tips ? lol was it worth it the 427
Old 08-25-2012, 12:50 PM
TECH Veteran

If you search my name you will find lots of info and build threads on the car. The ERL 427 is pretty awesome of course.Big cubes spin the turbos up very quick at low rpm and you have lots of torque on and off boost. This is easily the fastest car have ever owned or been in . And it can be dialed up much higher than currently and havne't even run nitrous system on it yet.

But you are better to buy a car like this already done then try to build one. I have over over 100k into this thing if you count buying the car brand new for 40 ,50 into parts and another likely 20 or so into labor and that was doing a lot myself or getting people to work on it for 25/hr.

So don't think will be modding anything to this level again. Likely keep my future stable pretty near stock or buy a modded up car already done.

But if the 99 TA don't sell no big deal either. Had it since new and don't mind if it stays in the stable.
Old 08-25-2012, 11:30 PM
Teching In

She is another good example of a well built good Hp build. Love the stance too. Unfortunately as you already know these fbody's built like this won't bring more Han 30k max on the high side, unless you have about another 30k in her and she is a legit built 7 sec racial is build. They don't hold the value, even with 60 to70k in them period. You just finished the car, it's untested and in proven, you may as well enjoy what you built, until your really " ready" her go. Good luck
Old 08-25-2012, 11:37 PM
Teching In

She is another good example of a well built good Hp build. Love the stance too. Unfortunately as you already know these fbody's built like this won't bring more Han 30k max on the high side, unless you have about another 30k in her and she is a legit built 7 sec radial build. They don't hold the value, even with 60 to70k in them period. You just finished the car, it's untested and in proven, you may as well enjoy what you built, until your really " ready" her go. Good luck
Old 08-26-2012, 07:30 AM
Teching In

i agree with ya 100 % u never get what u got into it out of it. my plan was to buy a roller and starrt from there cause i wouldnt b wasteing the extra coin on a stock trans and stock ls1 that i wouldnt b useing. im still in the debate of a f1 procharger (d1 wont get u in the high digits as easy) or the turbo or turbos. my friend builds alot of cars and told me biggest mistake people will make is start a build and change there mind half way through and go a diff route then they have to sell half the parts they bought. so im putting alot of thought into my build and getting as much advise and stuff as i can befor i start it. In the end the goal is a high hp daily driver that still goes 9 at track.
Old 08-26-2012, 10:32 AM
TECH Veteran

My goals were similar to what you said above. A car that can run 9s and be totally street driveable.
And pretty much think have attained that. I chose most things in the build for streetability. 3.54 gears are pretty streetable . Would go bit lower like down to 3.42 or 3.23 maybe even 3.08 but the Dana 60 only lets you go to 3.54. The stall is not crazy either. I am considering maybe changing to a Circle D stall ,it would be a bit tighter maybe and let me lock it at higher power. Yank don't recommend locking it in my car at higher power.
I wish also could put in a 6l80 to have exta gears. 4l80 is ok but only one overdrive.
Of course could have kept it manual but got bit sick of manuals.Especially where live now tons of hills. You can manually shift the auto if you feel like it anyway and not a big fan of clutches especialy at really high power levels. Also easier to build boost off the line in an auto but with two step you can still do it with a manual. But I can build sick boost with my auto off the line.
I stuck with a mellow cam the zr1 cam and in the 427 its mellower yet since more cubes than zr1 motor. Easy to tune and not much lope at all. Kept compression to 9.5 a good ratio at lower boost all you need is premium fuel and can run decent timing. If you want to go way higher boost then have alc injection system not installed yet but bought one,its in the box.

Anyway still think in hindsight much easier to buy a built one but of course buying a built one you can't choose every thing along the way, gear ratio, turbo versus super,twin versus single etc and yeah changing setup later can get pricey.

And not sure what the other above post was getting to. These cars with low mileage in my cars condition bone stock can sell for 20 to 25 grand. No way in hell would ever let it go with what its got in there for 30. Would part it out ,put it back to NA and sell of the turbo kit,etc first and would get more than 30 out of it that way. Might look at 40 for it but that would be likely absolute bottom line and only do that if can get a vehicle that want for around that price.

I am mostly interested in getting a Mercedes SL series car mid 2000s. An SL 500 can be had for 30 to 40 depending on age and mileage. But an SL 500 while it looks awesome is pretty low power only around 300hp. If you get newer one like SL 550 for 50 to 60k usually you are getting 400 or so not bad but they are very heavy cars so even 400 isn't that great.

The real car am more interested in getting is an Sl 55 supercharged 5.5. They put out around 500hp and that is decent. Still slow compared to my stock z06 with its underated 505 hp and 3100 pound weight. Sl55 usually are around 40k to 60k again depending on mileage,condition,year,options. They were like 200k new. Deprecation hits Mercedes and other high end cars pretty hard but some do hold value ,cars like Ford GT very limited production and they hold value pretty good. Few others do as well. But most stock exotics and high end cars,Porsche, Mercedes, Vettes, etc depreciate pretty hard.

Now a lot of times highly modded cars go pretty cheap. But always say things are worth what someone is willing to pay. And sometimes you have a guy that will pay more for the mods and there are lots of people where I live with tons of money. Its a city full of millionaires. There are tons of high end machinery in my city, Lambos, Aston Martins ,Audi R8s, top of line Mercs and BMW, Ferraris,etc So really finding someone that wants to pay 40 or 50 k for a car that can eat all these stock exotics for lunch is not going to be that hard.
I have not been driving the 99 trans am around out here since have to get it safetied here.
But only three things to do that. Bolt on Kooks catted ypipe that bought for it since only have non catted hooker ypipe on it now. Fix a drivers side headlight that quit going up and down , and bolt on my brand new et street radials as think my toyo drag radials are worn down below the required tread depth to pass safety. And thats about it.
Once safetied can give demo rides,track it ,dyno it,take it to car shows, park it on main street,etc.And will possibly also take a trade on high end boat or high end rv.
Viper is also a consideration 2005 can be had for around 50k and 2008 which really like for 60k ,70k . But vipers have no traction control, no nanny systems and can bite you bad. The newest viper has traction control and think some nanny systems. I do wish the 99 had traction control factory but found an add on one that looks interesting. May get that if keep the car.

Also on my car unlike most that see you have top of line in every area really no weak links.
See many for sale similar but most have a iron block 408 or maybe a 402 ,most don't have top of line crank ,etc Lots of people cut corners, have cheap heads, etc.
The ERL engine that have is top of the line and in 427 form its just a super engine.
I could still put the car back to NA and it would still work pretty good at 9.5 and could swap in a crazier NA cam , get compression up a bit with some different heads, gasket combos,etc. The 4l80 was built by RPM and the Dana 60 is one of the strongest rear ends made. And you have all the seconday systems the z06 brake swap, the fully adjustable strange shocks,and the car is minty mint.

Anyway as said a few times ,if it sells it sells if it dont don't mean much to me. Will buy my Sl 500 or Sl 55 likely this year anyway and then likely continue with a few more planned stable cars am 54 years old and pretty well off financially selling off the 99 trans am is not a big thing and do love driving it it can handle,can brake, and goes of course like you wouldn't believe and sounds incredible with the turbos, blow offs,etc.And around here actually its a very rare car. Not many ws6 Tas or even normal fourth Gen tas here at all.
here high end exotics are more common that WS6 TAS and I kind of like that.

Now soon take it to car shows and to local track. Maybe run it 1/8 or 1/4 mile ,get a dyno done but don't think anything other than mustang dyno in my city and want to get a dynojet done so may have to go to Vancouver or Calgary or Edmonton for that. We have local 1/8 mile half hour away from city and 1/4 few hours out and Mission BC track is think around 4 or 5 hours or so away. Its famous because its sea level and you sometimes get negative density air there! Many records are set there.

This car will easy go 9s proven or not with the current combo. From looking at similar builds with smaller engine like Toms z28 when he had same turbos , smaller motor etc he easiy got 9s out of his car. And with my 3.54 and overdrive can still get high top end if desired and the car as said handles great with the handling upgrades,brakes excellent as well.

But enough ranting and rambling. Maybe try to get it safetied this coming week and drive it around a bit. May change my mind on selling it ,got it brand new and it does have some sentimental value to me or put it more back to stock form and give it to one of my sons ,one is 22 and one is turning 16 this year but not going to give them a 1000 or so hp twin turbo! Unless set my boost to maybe 5psi and limit the speed, rpm etc. My first car was a 77 bandit when I was around 18. I modded it up some. Have been compulsive modder most of my life. But mellowing in my old age. LOL

Last edited by MY99TAWS6; 08-26-2012 at 10:51 AM.
Old 08-26-2012, 12:03 PM
Teching In

Yea you don't want give the kido's a 1000 Hp car. I can you that I have over 75k just in the build of my car Fear, and this with all the r and r, tuning testing, proven car. It's also a stage 2 100% built right low 8 sec GN that is a lot more rare and collectible than your nicely done TA and I would be lucky to see 40k for and more like 37k. Car is Only worth what someone is willing to pay do best of luck and I hope you get what your looking for.
Old 08-26-2012, 01:11 PM
TECH Veteran

Yes no way give 16 year old 1000 hp car! And even 22 year old . could take off turbos run it Na likely have 450 or 500 engine hp with current cam ? Have the Afr 225 heads the fast intake ,tb put stoch exhaust on or some headers but not really into that .
So likely wind up keeping it in the stable.
Gn are cool cars wouln't mind one someday but stock one,that's my new mantra!
But been surprised many times in the past by what cars ,houses,etc have sold for.
So for now keep advertising and see what happens.
If find a super deal on viper or SL than maybe let the 99 go cheaper
After all it's all kind of relative as said an SL 55 was like 200 new but can get one around 50 like a 2004 .
Cars are generally terrible investments but then so is pretty much everything!!
Even houses/property can be bad sometimes too.
But life is short got to have some fun and toys can be fun !

Anyway think get it safeties here ,plated and drive it some,cars are meant to be driven
Not kept in garage.
And may track and Dyno it likely next season but don't think would put rollbar or cage into it.
Old 08-26-2012, 01:48 PM
TECH Veteran

Your Gn looks pretty crazy of course . Any more pics of it just see the one I think on your profile. You must have full cage in that . I have a talon car that was buidling to be a fun race car. I have it about 50% done could track it with stock turbo but its back in Sask . Was going to transplant a bit turbo maybe from 97 talon that also have back in Sask.
The 91 talon was just a cheap track car was hoping to run 10s with it. Have rollbar for it but not cage so 10 anything would be fine with me.
Its super light, and have lots of good stuff in it. Giant intercooler,etc.
No way would regularly race my 99 TT. No insurance at race track. Guy back in Sask hit wall with his new z06 year or so ago!

I don't quarter my z06 either.
I would get a timeslip with my 99 hopefully a 9 and then retire it from track.

There was a local guy in sask running a big turbo GN but he had constant breakage ,not sure what or why exactly. Maybe he was tryign to cheap out. I don't know if his ever even hit 10s.
Of course if bought a stock one would want a GNX. I still remember when buddy bought one brand new and gave me a ride in it back in the day. I was very impressed.Course they are not that fast stock. Lately I find 500 to 600 engine hp is a pretty nice amount on the street on street tires. With a good traction control or careful use of go pedal you can hook up that power level not too bad.
Old 08-26-2012, 01:51 PM
TECH Veteran

Something to maybe be said for leaving them stock.
Here is a gnx with 98 original miles! 100k though.
http://www.hemmings.com/classifieds/...x/1454470.html

Maybe should have left my 99 TA ws6 stock. Still be worth 20 to 25k and, paid like 40k up here in Canada for it so only lose 15 or 20k over new price.
Not bad compared to spending all the money on mods but as said sometimes much better to just strip off the mods and sell them separate and buy stock parts and go back to stock.

Whatever as said most cars suck as investments anyway.
Old 08-26-2012, 06:19 PM
Teching In

i would have been pumped for a trans am for my 16 b day he will call u the best dad in the world lol... my big debate is wat to use as a power adder im prob goin to spray but not sure on the turbo or f1 procharger or turbos. what made u decide to go twins orver a blower or big single?
Old 08-26-2012, 08:07 PM
TECH Veteran

Well every power adder has its pros and cons. Nitrous works good till the bottle runs out. And can be costly if you use it a lot, illegal in some places too on the street.
And not everywhere has it available . It can help spool up big turbos though when used in smaller shots.
I mostly put it on my car for show but if did have spool up problems it would
have taken care of them. And where I lived in Sask there were a few places that filled up the bottles. Not sure if where live now have anywhere to get nitrous.
And it can get pricey if you use it constantly. There are dangers to your motor,fire danger sometimes if you blow an intake off. But don't get me wrong nitrous can work well.And is reasonably cheap ,more expensive of course if you go to direct port setups.

Superchargers well pretty much have to go with centrifugal types. ATI ,Vortech. They of course work great but guess just more a turbo type of guy. Have played with talon turbos for years and just comfortable with turbos. Big singles can give you big lag sometimes mabye not such a bad thing.
Smaller twins can work well too. My current turbos spool up quick maybe too quick and turbos make big torque . Combine them with a 427 and you have serious engine . Even at current 10psi the thing is a freakin monster. And with turbos easy to control power with boost controller,I can ramp in my boost by rpm like centrifugal.I can ramp by gear or ramp by time. So have options that can help put the power to the ground.

But turbos are a bit more complicated .Mine are water and oil cooled type.
And it does make for a pretty tight fit in there. The APS kit that I have is pretty good. APS did have some dud factory turbos but the LG turbos i have seem to be good.
The kit itself was pretty well thought out. I coated my exhaust manifolds and exhaust housings. The kit has stainless downpipes,came with tial gates. Had a huge intercooler with it as well. And nice piping etc. So overall pretty nice kit.

So guess its whatever you want super or turbo. I just like turbo better. If you are trying to fab up your own setup then a single turbo is likely easier to do. And if you want to keep your air conditioning that can affect things a bit as well. My kit can work with air but you tend to run hot.I went to a high end radiator to help if using my air. But currently not running air maybe just take it off.

I also really like turbo sounds,blow offs, nice jet like sound of the turbos. Some prochargers made annoying rattling sounds at idle that didn't like maybe the new ones don't do that. And some have whine that can get annoying as well.
Again lots of this stuff is personal taste. You have fast supercharged cars,fast nitrous cars, fast Na cars, fast turbo cars. Really fast NA usually start to affect streetability a bit. You run super lumpy cams that have terrible low end surging,you run really high compression ratios,but newer tech engines can be a lot more streetable than old tech engines that got 5 mpg and idled horrible,needed race gas etc. etc.

I am pretty happy with the way the 99 turned out. But it was a lot of money to do it.
One advantage maybe or maybe not such a good thing is easier to sink money into it over the years not having to do it all at once. So one year can do rear end ,etc.
But all of sudden you realize you put 40k into the car and then another 50k in parts and bunch of labor and well thats a lot of money to spend. And sometimes when you finish a project you get bored with it or want something different.
Old 08-27-2012, 07:18 AM
Teching In

ive just heard of more turbos failing then superchargers. i had a srt 4 neon loved the sound. i know a big flaw to the procharger is belt slip i high boost/hp, i know they got parts to help cure it but it dont always work. also the kool thing witht he procharger is easy bolt on and u keep yoour ac with for streetability would b nice.
Old 08-27-2012, 07:22 AM
Teching In

doing the build over time is wat im prob goin to do. like u said its a lot easier to shell out 50k over 5 yrs rather then all at once. i figure start with suspension and the rear end and work my way forward that way the car is ready to handle the power when the motor is dropped in, instead of building motor then breaking rear end and trans the next week lol
in the long term goal i wanna get a vette for a street car n prob turn the ta into a drag car more less and get a 77 ta so i got new n old school. im a gm guy never had luck with fords.
Old 08-27-2012, 09:34 AM
TECH Veteran

77 Bandit ta was my first car when was like 18. Am 54 currently. Had lots of second gens thru the years , an 80 ta in fact about three or four years back that did quite a lot of modding to. It was a 400 pontiac engine in there.

To tell the truth while will always have a soft spot for the 2nd gens and while someday would like an SD455 ,the true fact of the matter is built quality was horrible in the 2nd gens ,for sure the later years of the second gens. If was going to get a second gen would likely get one that was minty low original mileage or ground up restorartion. Even so those second gens are rattle boxes. I spent months trying to get rid of rattles on my 80 with very little success. Wiring was pretty awful too in the second gens. They did have pretty good engines and transmissions and rear ends though.

As for making a nice fourth gen a trac car after you put in 50k that is of course your choice. But remember you have zero insurance when racing at the track.

At our local track year or so ago guy wiped out his new z06. Ouch goodbye 100 grand!

That is one big reason I built a 91 talon just for track ,it was cheap compared to the 99 trans am.I have not yet tracked it, I have more to do on it still but have a lot of it done already. If hadn't moved last fall would have tracked the talon possibly even the 99 TT.

I have always planned to run the 99 trans am twin turbo just to get that 9 second slip and dyno it for tuning and also for bragging rights.
I did pretty much what you said. I did the 99 mostly thru the years bought the car new. I did backtrack a bit on some stuff like had headers on there, cam, then built a 408 and it fubared up on me. Lastly went to the ERL 427 which seems to be working good. Have several thousand break in miles on it already.
I went thru bunch of clutches ,last one that was running was textralia twin disc.
Finally went over to the RPM 4l80e. Of course rear end wouldn't have taken the power so put in the Dana 60. Wanted to have great suspension so lastly put in the strange double adjustables front and back. I had lowered car but put it back to stock ride height ,front height is adjustable now . The turbos and intercooler and all that added weight to front end. So nice to be able to set ride height in front. I like my handling so still running big sway bars front and rear. And have as you can see torque arm,panhard rod as well. To hope to handle the power also pretty much have to have subframe connectors. Those were among the first things put on the car.

Once you start modding ,especially to this level well you have to pretty much keep going. And about 50k later in parts you get to my current 99. Labor did some myself, had some done at pro shops and had good mechanic buddies doing some of it at 25 hour instead of shop rate of 100 or more.
No idea how much labor into the car but still pretty significant.

I did accomplish most of my goals for the car. I wanted a car that could put out 1000hp same as Bugati Veryon and be reliable and basically totally streetable.

Most all my choices were with that in mind. As said pretty mellow easy to tune cam, 3.54 gear, 9.5 compression ratio,the automatic,the not super high stall,
air conditioning,all these things were to keep it streetable. As said if the dana let me would maybe go further down on the gearing to 3.42, or 3.23 or maybe even 3.08. And it would be nice to have a six speed auto too if was going to do more highway with the car.
And if keep the car still might go to Circle D stall as the yanks don't handle my level locked up. Circle D can. And would like a bit tighter stall maybe bit lower rpm rating. Mine was like 3400 a 3000 or 2800 might be bit better.

My z06 is going to stay stock ,at least pretty sure it is. That edelbrock supercharger kit is a bit tempting but I know once I start modding it pretty much don't end.
So figure keep the z06 stock. Its of course slow compared to the 99 trans am but still pretty fast stock compared to most stuff on the road and is very light which helps. And figure add some more stock cars to the stable over next few years. Sooner if the 99 trans am goes.
I still also own a 97 talon with 650 hp turbo. May put that turbo on my 91 talon race car which currently has stock turbo on it. I am trying though to sell my 97 talon off but it had engine problem think maybe spun bearing so its dead in the water back in Saskatchewan with my 91 talon race car.

I relocated to Kelowna BC last fall. So far only brought out my z06 and my 99 trans am. Both were driven out there. So you can see the 99 trans am is very streetable to drive over 1000 miles thru the mountains, no overheating no problems at all. Drove just like a stock trans am well except it handles great ,better brakes and of course is a rocketship even at 10psi current setting ,haven't hooked up the boost controller control part yet just use it for monitoring and haven't put any nitrous or finished wiring up the nitrous on the car yet. Car scares me to tell the truth even at 10psi.And have had lots of fast stuff. But nothing compared to the 99 trans am.

I had some short videos but was bit worried about Big Brother. Damn cops have been busting people from youtube videos.

Lets just say I don't want to go back to Calgary for awhile! LOL

I guess its time to get the car plated up here and can at least drive it ,take it to car shows ,have some fun with it. It don't need that much to get it plated up here.

I am also not really a big ford guy. Had a few fords an inline six mustang that was horrible it would 360 in winter time super easily and it was gutless.
I had a 99 taurus and and 94 crown victoria interceptor, both had big time trans problems ,the 94 interceptor lost the engine as well. Ford couldn't build a trans in the 90s if their life depended on it. And ford motors especially the dual overhead ones were not that fun to work on.

But that said a nice GT 500 might still be somewhere in my future stable and really really love the FORD GT but they are huge bucks even used. But what great styling! Fantastic looking car.

I like my dodges and also like the new challengers. And love the viper and thinking hard about getting one for my next stable car. 2005 copperhead love the color and love the color of the snakeskin green 2008 vipers and the improved features ,power in 2008. And the better looking 2008 hood.
Not sure like the 2013 vipers that much guess have to see them for real. The nanny systems ,traction control and all that are likely a good idea vipers had none of that previously.

Also lately been getting into Mercedes but not sure yet how reliable they really are. I have heard horrible things about older ML 350s and so bought a second gen 2006 ML 350. If its not too bad for reliability then would like to get an SL 500 or SL 55 or 550 or even 600, 63 or 65. I bought aftermarket warranty on my 2006 ML 350 was worried Mercs are very expensive to fix.
But they do have nice interiors,pretty good for rattles, nice ride, status, etc. But not sure yet if they are not really overpriced junk. Ask me in a year or two.

My GMs have been pretty reliable. I have owned a 96 trans am bought used with low mileage, and a 97 TA WS6 that did some mods to but nothing crazy.
I have owned like four second gens,77 bandit, 78 ta, 80 ta and 81 formula.
Also had a 96 z28 vert with some mods. Technically wifes car but I drove it more than her.

My ultimate stable dreams still include a high end porsche awd turbo 911 type and a ford GT, and if get really wealthy or win the lotto a nice ferrari 458 and /or a nice Lambo Gallardo or similar. Being half Italian I love my Italian cars. And the turbo awd guy in me also wouldn't maybe mind a GTR. Those are pretty cool but bit fugly cars.
Old 08-27-2012, 10:00 PM
Teching In

i always heard british cars and foreign cars r more reliable not built as cheap but never had one. and for the lambo i heard those arnt to quick stock pretty much buy for name n looks in my opinion but dont get me wrong i would grab one if i had the extra dollar.
Old 08-27-2012, 11:01 PM
Teching In

You can get insurance for the track or atkeast you could 3 yrs ago and I think it's still available but pricey. It covers everything to

Quick Reply: 99 TRANS AM WS6 ERL 427 twin turbo