View Full Version : damn headlights..

Zombiesoldier
06-24-2012, 10:47 AM
ok i have a simple yet stumping question. how do i get the headlights not to pop up, when i want to use just the marker lights, and fogs... you know its not quite dark enough for headlights, but not quite bright enough not to have just fogs...

MrMixnMatch
06-24-2012, 10:55 AM
If I turn the knob to the middle selection my headlights don't pop up... Just don't go all the way to the right.

Zombiesoldier
06-24-2012, 11:04 AM
ok so i think i may have a bad switch?

MrMixnMatch
06-24-2012, 11:09 AM
Well I wouldn't really think that. It could have been a change from 2000-2001, I'm not entirely sure.

Does your headlight come up in the middle selection? Do they light up too?

If I go from the furthest right selection (low beams on) to the middle (Only fogs and markers on) they'll stay up, but if I go from the furthest left (All lights off) to the middle, they don't come up.

autogeek23
06-24-2012, 11:14 AM
my head lights come up when i turn to the marker part of the light switch but because i am having an issue with my driver side motor. wonder if there is an issue with one of your motors or gears.

ws6foose
07-15-2012, 01:33 AM
my head lights come up when i turn to the marker part of the light switch but because i am having an issue with my driver side motor. wonder if there is an issue with one of your motors or gears.

yeah same here

Bigbee
07-15-2012, 10:40 AM
I'll chime in since mine are different yet. First notch from off turns on the markers and park lites as well as fogs (if rocker switch is on), headlights stay down. Fully on notch brings up the headlights with them on. Back to the first notch turns headlights off, but leaves them up with all other lights still on. Back to off kills everything, headlights go back down. I think this is normal operation.

therealcreeper
07-15-2012, 12:26 PM
if your headlight motor grinds your headlights will pop up when you turn to the middle section, as soon as I fixed my motor they started staying down

Dan
07-15-2012, 07:06 PM
I'll chime in since mine are different yet. First notch from off turns on the markers and park lites as well as fogs (if rocker switch is on), headlights stay down. Fully on notch brings up the headlights with them on. Back to the first notch turns headlights off, but leaves them up with all other lights still on. Back to off kills everything, headlights go back down. I think this is normal operation.

What he said