What is it Worth? Use this forum to get feedback on vehicle prices - for selling or buying

93 Formula M6 39k mi. & 98 Formula M6 67k mi. - Same owner

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2012, 06:56 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Question 93 Formula M6 39k mi. & 98 Formula M6 67k mi. - Same owner

I'm interested in both of these cars. Just want to get an opinion on what they are worth so I could have a starting point in negotiating a final price. They both seem reasonably priced for the year, mileage, condition, and mods. Also, is the LT1 more of a hassle than an LS1? Not sure if it makes a difference, but I would be financing either one.

For the 93, I like it because it has very little mods done, and I believe the motor is stock. The steering wheel has been changed, but he says he has all the original parts he changed. Are steering wheels hard to change? I would like to put it back to stock. The opti-spark has also been replaced, which I heard was a problem with LT1 cars. It also has manual windows. With this one, the only major mod I would do is put leather interior in it.

http://detroit.craigslist.org/mcb/cto/3059841018.html

With the 98 Formula, it has had a lot of engine work and suspension work done. I don't mind the suspension stuff, but I'm not sure about the engine mods. He has every receipt for all the work, but I feel lost when it comes to major mods like the engine. Is something like this just too much to get into? I mean, the car is basically done. I would also put leather in this one and a WS.6 hood. It has all power options, as well.

http://detroit.craigslist.org/mcb/cto/3095799418.html

Any opinions are greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Old 06-25-2012, 05:30 PM
Teching In

Anyone? This would be my first F-body.
Old 06-27-2012, 03:59 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 436 Likes on 315 Posts

I personally avoid CL cars. IMO this is not the way to buy your first F-body. It is worth reading the countless hours of these posts and learn from people's experiences. Best of luck in your search.
Old 07-08-2012, 10:41 PM
TECH Regular

I agree avoiding the cars listed on CL. (although I bought my ws6 off a craigslist add). Majority of the stuff on CL is overpriced and they under-inform. I happened to get lucky on a car that was close.

Quick Reply: 93 Formula M6 39k mi. & 98 Formula M6 67k mi. - Same owner