Chevrolet Camaro 1967-2002 The forum for diehard Camaro fans

1985 Camaro Torque Arm Problems

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2012, 02:25 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1985 Camaro Torque Arm Problems

Me and my friend have been working on his 85 camaro that was originally a 2.8L 5 speed car but now has a 355 with a 700r4 in it. He bought the car like this and we've been having to fix everything that's went wrong with it because the previous owners rigged everything up. We had the car up on jack stands repairing the emergency cable when we noticed the torque arm was broken in a couple places. He had to go home soon so we didnt have time to replace the torque arm but another friend gave us a spare one so he's replacing it tomorrow. But after leaving earlier, he texted me and said anytime he puts the car in reverse or drive, it makes a horrible bang noise. And the front end shakes really bad when at low rpms before he gets up to speed. Could this just be caused from the torque arm being broke? It didn't do any of this before we lifted up the rear end on jacks, so maybe that's what made it break? Any help would be greatly appreciated as this is his only vehicle right now.
Old 06-27-2012, 08:36 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

if the torque arm is broken...don't drive the car. its the only thing that keeps the axle from pitching up or down for the most part. get the new one on there stat.
Old 06-28-2012, 07:12 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If its broken and you try to drive it, more damage will occur for sure. Bad move their.