Multimedia Exchange Videos | Sound Clips | Photos | Photoshop

Play day on a private closed course, pics and videos

Old 06-25-2012, 08:52 AM
11 Second Club

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts

Default Play day on a private closed course, pics and videos

I will have more to add as others turn in their footage.

Long story short, a friend in the area purchased this property a couple months ago and was generous enough to let us host a private fun day on his property for my girlfriends birthday. This included the track, 300 acres of flat field for Subarus and ATVs, and an awesome little cabin to host the afterparty.

Cars included:
01 Trans Am (headers, LM1, free mods, Monster stage 3 clutch)
00 Procharged Corvette
240z with Holset turbo
Miata (unknown mods, autox car that has been to Hallet in Tulsa)
Acura Legend Lemon racer (gutted and caged)
'11 Mustang GT 6 speed (Ford Racing programmer, axleback)
'12 Mustang GT auto (stock)
'03 Cobra (pully, exhaust, cai, tune)
'71 Chevelle (heads/cam ls1, auto, spring/shock upgrades, ls1 disc rear brakes, HPS pads on stock front discs, SS sway bars, bolt on traction bars, otherwise stock suspension)
GMC Sierra (bolt ons, slight drop)
240sx (full mods unknown, gutted and higher boost for sure)
Subaru Forrest SXT (dropped, more boost)
couple bikes
Nissan Sentra (long story)
Mitsubishi Lancer

Google maps: (ignore the cones, we ditched the idea) You really can't get a good sense of the elevation changes and smaller turns from looking but the videos might give you an idea

I can't recall most of the lap times. Some bests: I had a 1:20.0, Corvette had a 1:10.9, '11 GT had a 1:16.3, Sierra had a 1:31.8, lemon car had a 1:17, one bike with a professional rider had a 1:10.3

Last edited by thunderstruck507; 06-25-2012 at 01:58 PM.
Old 06-25-2012, 09:11 AM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sweet, I have always wanted to take my TA around a course on a day like that were you could take time to get some cool pics & just kinda mess around.
Old 06-25-2012, 09:32 AM
11 Second Club

It was a blast. We were out there from 10:30am until dark then partied in the cottage.

I rode in the Corvette on the lap before the one I posted a video of (video of the run I was in will be posted as soon as I get it).

There are not words for what was going on in that car on the other lap. The *** end actually brushed the leaves of the trees on the first turn running counterclockwise. Saw the speedometer hit 115 and climbing on the back side before the downhill hairpins. Six Flags is dead to me now.
Old 06-25-2012, 10:00 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That is badass. Looks like fun!
Old 06-25-2012, 10:03 AM
Captain Double Post

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Lol, thats so freaking cool, im sure it was a blast,no serious die hard racers just some guys having fun, were is this located, because if there ever is another one and im within 12 hours count me in
Old 06-25-2012, 10:21 AM
11 Second Club

It's in NW Arkansas. The owner has expressed interest in trying to do something similar once a month but can't commit yet for legal/insurance reasons.

With everything as is now it is a "run at your own risk" thing for friends akin to as he put it: "you wouldn't let your friends come over and not swim in the pool right?"

He is also looking into building an 1/8th mile strip to run his outlaw cars on in the field to the west of the starting line and tie the return road back to the track. This would have the obvious benefit of drag racing but also have potential as an alternate course route for the road course.

Another section of the field we are hoping to run SCCA Rally Cross on since they can bring their own insurance and safety equipment to the table.
Old 06-25-2012, 12:26 PM
TECH Resident

Your friend rocks, and that is one hell of a driveway he has there
Old 06-25-2012, 01:31 PM
11 Second Club

More videos added.

The Corvette driver/owner is the owner of the property. He said he is a bit rusty but it was enough to scare me shitless. The videos really don't convey the sense of speed, several parts of that video are at and over 100mph (on the back and in the curves too not just the straight).

I was riding along on second lap in the video named laps 2 & 4. On that first turn the *** end of the vette was in the leaves, we found marks on the car haha

As far as safety:
We had several fire extinguishers and first aid kits on hand. One of the guys there is an EMT. The course is also only 1 mile from town and 5-6 miles from the hospital.

We only invited the most responsible members of our car club. We didn't want to have to babysit people and we had a drivers meeting to go over basics.

Only 1 car was allowed on course at a time. (the pictures which show multiple cars on track are during our parade lap so everyone could feel out the layout)

All drivers and passenger were required to wear helmets (except the track owner...his track his choice) and seat belts. Two laps max allowed ( to prevent brake fatigue). All drivers were urged to progress slowly through the day and we were all at an understanding the lap times were informal and no one needed to cut seconds to prove anything. Only standing start laps were timed to prevent people trying to come in too hot into the first turn.

Everyone was mandated to have a cell phone to call for help if needed and a standing rule was in place if anyone was running a "hot" lap that after the 1:40 mark if they hadn't made it back or we couldn't hear them, a truck or ATV would hit the infield to look for them.

Last edited by thunderstruck507; 06-25-2012 at 02:01 PM.
Old 06-25-2012, 06:35 PM
Launching!

Wow that looks like a blast bro, n good thing everyone agreed on safety rules
Old 06-26-2012, 08:15 AM
Staging Lane

wow, thats awesome!!! i have a buddy who goes to hallet all the time.

is that here somewhere? (in NW AR?) any plans to open it up to the public?
Old 06-26-2012, 08:25 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

lucky S.O.B!!!!
Old 06-26-2012, 08:25 AM
11 Second Club

He had looked into making it a full public course but the insurance and regulations were overwhelming. He might still at some point but it's on hold. Until then he is renting it to karters, some bike riders for practice, and this event for us.

He talked like he wants to start trying to do something like this monthly though.

ozarkautosport.com is our local forum, if and when it happens it will be posted there...but in the mean time feel free to join up as we do cruises, autox, drag strip trips, photoshoots, etc
Old 06-26-2012, 09:19 AM
Launching!

That is awesome man, looks like a blast. I need to buy my own little track to play with
Old 06-26-2012, 10:26 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

that looks like so much fun would love to have something like that one day need to get some in car videos next time they usually show the track better
Old 08-06-2012, 05:06 PM
TECH Regular

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Looks like a great track. love to get my car on a road course/ track.
very jealous!!
Old 12-11-2012, 08:06 AM
Launching!

Lucky and Nice track at their own. Anytime he wants go drive

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Play day on a private closed course, pics and videos