Sponsored by:

New To Tuning, some questions!

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2012, 07:48 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 57 Likes on 47 Posts

Question New To Tuning, some questions!

Ok guys, have a question or 2.
I just bought Hp tuners pro and an LC1 wideband and guage.

Today i got my LC1 and guage installed. Cruising im seeing about 14.4 A/F, so not terrible at all. At WOT, i have seen my A/F drop to as much as 11.5, thats pretty fat!

Question 2: On the data screen, im seeing ECT of 230* after WOT, and while idling. According to that screen, its almost in the red. But my coolant guage on my dash is right smack in the middle of the range. What gives???
Old 06-27-2012, 10:03 AM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Dummy guages...GM stopped using anything resembling an accurate ECT guage after 98. Check your fan temps. You can change the on/off ECT settings for both of the fans. I'm assuming you're running a stock t-stat?

As for your fueling - there could be a number of things going on (positive fuel trims, COT still enabled, etc.). Any more info on the car? Has it been tuned? Are the mods in the sig accurate?

If this is your first car you're tuning, the best thing you can do is start reading....read a lot! There's too much that needs to be changed for any one of us to type out....especially when it's already been documented somewhere else. I'd start with the stickies...then if you have any specific questions, ask.