New LS1 Owners - Newbie Tech Basic Technical Questions & Advice
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Converter Question

Old 04-01-2004, 07:35 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Converter Question

If I were to get a Vig 3500 Verter on a 98 Trans Am with 68000 miles, would I have to do any tuning or reprograming or anything of the such?
Thanks for the help
Bryan.
Old 04-01-2004, 11:38 AM
On The Tree

?????
Old 04-01-2004, 02:06 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 98Z28MrO
?????
Well it all depends are what your intensions are for the car. If you're going to do nothing else with the car other then the TC then I would say that you don't necessarily have to get it tuned. But once you get used to it you'll see why everyone one wants the TM deleted. I personally didn't do any tuning after TC was installed. I did however get tuning done when the cam went in.

So its your call. If you do get it tuned then I would suggest not deleting all of TM out. Instead remove about 50-60% of it.
Old 04-01-2004, 02:44 PM
TECH Fanatic

LEAVE TM ALONE. unless you have a new tranny sitin around.not saying that i garuntee problems but it can begin to take its toll on your trans eventually. i am putting in my vig3200 and will do just a little bit of tuning. look for my post in the PCM section titled "hpp3vs. Ls1edit" in there towards the bottom a guy tuned his converter with hpp3 and dropped like 2-3tenths off his time. he wrote up exaclty what the settings were so just take a look. shift firmness can be adjusted but it i am steering clear of it. more line pressure can be good because it will reduce friction which causes heat etc etc....but i dont have money for a new trans so i am going to try and play it safe.

J

Search this Thread