Notices
Vehicle Classifieds This an archive of the older vehicle classifieds, please create a new listing in our Marketplace.
Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Price:

Mileage:

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (State):

Color:

Transmission:

Drivetrain:

LS Engine?:

Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price:

Part Fits:

Location (State):

Item Condition:

Engine:

LS Engine?:

FS: 2003 Corvette Z06. South California

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2012, 02:33 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default FS: 2003 Corvette Z06. South California

Year: 2003
Make: Chevrolet
Model: Corvette
Price: $21900
Mileage: 66700
Private or Dealer Listing: Private Listing
Location (State): CA
Color: Red
Transmission: Manual
Drivetrain: Rear Wheel Drive

-Name: Deven
-Phone: 802-881-8788 (cell)
-Email: dlhennes@gmail.com

I wasn't expecting to do this for a few more years, but here it is; for sale is my 2003 - 50th Anniversary - Corvette Z06 in Torch Red. I came upon some other investment opportunities that I'd like to pursue and selling the Vette will help me do that. This isn't a sale I need to make, nor will I jump on the first offer that comes along, but I have three cars and at this point, it makes the most sense to part with this one, despite not really wanting to.

Additions over stock:

- LG Pro longtubes
- Vararam Intake
- RPS Carbon/Carbon clutch (be aware, heavier than stock)
- Alpine stereo/MP3 with amps and sub
- CCW Classics; 18inch. 275/35/18 tires in front and 335/30/18 tires in back (2/3's tread left)
- lowered on aftermarket bolts
- AEM, AFR gauge mounted under radio (hidden under cigarette lighter panel) Car was being built for reliability and eventually boost.
- 160 degree thermostat
- Lloyd's mats

This car has 66,7XX miles and that won't be increasing. It's in my garage, at all times and now that it's for sale, it won't be driven. It was originally a Texas car, then Kentucky, then Vermont, and now Southern California. That seems excessive, but it was bought and sold between friends of mine and I personally have owned it in Kentucky, Vermont, and Cali (work required that I move a lot).

A little before my ownership, it was knocked in a parking lot on the passenger door (cosmetic only), which was fixed and you'd never know. Recently, after moving to California, someone - again in a parking lot - grazed the rear bumper so there is a bit of a scratch and smudge (pictures will show this). Other than that current fault on the rear bumper, this car is perfect.

I had it into Chevy 6 weeks ago for an oil change and full service - checking everything. To use the Tech's words, the car is in "extraordinary shape" for it's age. He was pretty shocked how well it was sorted, compared to other examples he's seen. So, while the car has 66,7XX miles, that's fewer than 7500 per year and none of them were at a track or drag strip.

I won't pretend it's actually perfect, but it's about as close. However, keep in mind, this is a car for enthusiasts, not middle age men going through their crisis. The car is low, the clutch is very heavy, and when you open it up, it's loud. It's a driver's car, not a cruiser. The below pictures are a glimpse of what it's like and I have more upon request, via email.

I will not entertain test drives unless the prospective buyer has money available - don't waste my time if you have to "secure financing" over the next 3 weeks. Take care of that first and I'll know you are serious. All that said, on to the pictures.

-- $22,700.00

Thank you.

Last edited by VT_Z06; 06-28-2012 at 02:23 PM.
Old 06-28-2012, 02:22 PM
Teching In

Time table just got moved up on things, so I would like this gone sooner than expected. Price drop to $21,900!
Old 06-29-2012, 10:55 AM
Teching In

Friday morning bump.
Old 06-30-2012, 06:50 PM
Teching In

You won't find many Z06's at this price, in this condition, and with the wheels + mods this car has. I'm seeing C5 automatics (non-Z) go for the same or higher!!
Old 07-01-2012, 08:12 PM
Teching In

Price is negotiable, within reason. Make an offer.
Old 07-02-2012, 03:56 PM
Teching In

Man, has this site turned into all seller and no buyers?