Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone else see Jett Hott pics??

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2004, 08:20 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Anyone else see Jett Hott pics??

I was searching for header ideas a few weeks back and found a thread that showed several members with jett hott headers and they all had surface rust. My question is, if its rusting on the outside does this mean its rusting on the inside too? Also, i live in CT and dont drive it in the winters, will plain rain water during the summer rust the jett hotts or is it mainly the salt and sand during the winter season? Also, would it be stupid or bad for the motor if i were to spray fresh water on the headers after washing the car throughout the summer? Thanks.
Old 04-01-2004, 08:25 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I believe it is mainly salt/sand.

Also- if the finish gets messed up, Jet Hot will recoat them for you. Just a pain for shipping/being out them for a few weeks/uninstall-reinstall...
Old 04-01-2004, 08:35 AM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 45 Likes on 19 Posts

hey, were do you guys see that spelling JeTT hoTT, its just Jet Hot. I see that error all the time
Old 04-01-2004, 08:35 AM
10 Second Club

MY DAMN COATING is flaking off!!! I dont care what the reason is... the fact is that it is coming off!!! Yeah the only reason why they put that warrenty is because most people will not take them back off and be without for the couple weeks that it will take
Old 04-01-2004, 09:03 AM
11 Second Club

my car never saw salt or wintry conditions...

they are badly rusting.. coating is peeling off..

oh well i got a brand new set of QTP stainless going in next week
Old 04-01-2004, 09:10 AM
Launching!

I'm starting to think Jet-Hot does sub-par prepwork on their own headers...

It seems if you send headers there for coating (already prepped well) they are fine...
Old 04-01-2004, 09:13 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Nine Ball
hey, were do you guys see that spelling JeTT hoTT, its just Jet Hot. I see that error all the time
Sorry dude...lol so basically Jet Hot sucks ***! Anyone know any stainless headers for a good price, i'm going to need a catted y-pipe as well, but from what all you guys are saying, it sounds like i dont want to get into jet hot and their B/S. Thanks for the info, you just saved me a headache.
Old 04-01-2004, 11:13 AM
On The Tree

Durien,

If you're taking off the coated headers for stainless ones and Jet Hot will re-coat them for free, why don't you send them out, get em coated and sell them when you get them back? I might even be interested if the price is right...
Old 04-01-2004, 11:54 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by BlackBowtie
Durien,

If you're taking off the coated headers for stainless ones and Jet Hot will re-coat them for free, why don't you send them out, get em coated and sell them when you get them back? I might even be interested if the price is right...
that is what i am doing.

they will go to jethot for recoating and then up for sale they go
Old 04-01-2004, 12:27 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Default Qtp...

Just spoke w/ someone from tech at QTP...i think i'm sold on their Stainless LT's. I may as well wait a little longer and put the extra money into a good set. Anyone have any bad experiences w/ QTP??
Old 04-01-2004, 12:36 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Default QTP owners read.....

Originally Posted by 99CamaroSS
Just spoke w/ someone from tech at QTP...i think i'm sold on their Stainless LT's. I may as well wait a little longer and put the extra money into a good set. Anyone have any bad experiences w/ QTP??
P.S...the QTP website has the LT's w/ egr and air and catted y-pipe for $1378 to my front door, is that good? Anyone know if a diff. site would have them a little less, thats a ton of $$ to be putting into the car for just 10 hp or whatever headers will get me.
Old 04-01-2004, 01:21 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 99CamaroSS
P.S...the QTP website has the LT's w/ egr and air and catted y-pipe for $1378 to my front door, is that good? Anyone know if a diff. site would have them a little less, thats a ton of $$ to be putting into the car for just 10 hp or whatever headers will get me.

Ay Caramba! that's alot of coin. I just ordered a set of SLPs with emmissions, cats, and intall kit for $1145 to my door. I know that these have low clearance, but I have the stock height and I don't take my car to Mexico like I used to anymore. As far as the ceramic coating on these.....Texas has pretty great weather and I don't drive my car in the rain, and if the coating does flake off the stainless steel underneath should suffice for conditions around here
Old 04-01-2004, 01:39 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ddelallata
Ay Caramba! that's alot of coin. I just ordered a set of SLPs with emmissions, cats, and intall kit for $1145 to my door. I know that these have low clearance, but I have the stock height and I don't take my car to Mexico like I used to anymore. As far as the ceramic coating on these.....Texas has pretty great weather and I don't drive my car in the rain, and if the coating does flake off the stainless steel underneath should suffice for conditions around here
Yea i know its a lot....but my car is lowered an inch, so clearance probably would be a problem for me w/ he slp's and when i did a search the majority that said money isnt an issue went w/ either kooks or qtp...money is an issue for me though so i guess i'm just gonna have to wait an extra paycheck till i can get the stainless.
Old 04-01-2004, 01:40 PM
10 Second Club

QTPs...nice choice.

Originally Posted by Durien
that is what i am doing.
they will go to jethot for recoating and then up for sale they go
Umm, aren't they sort of sold already?
Old 04-01-2004, 04:56 PM
TECH Enthusiast

My Jet-Hot coated Hooker LT's are fine.

Had them on for more than a year, daily driven.

Old 04-01-2004, 05:36 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well, you're also in AZ so I'd expect them too look great after a year... try being a daily driver up in the northeast or midwest where they have to live with salt & sand on wet/snowy roads and see what happens to the coating.

FWIW, I went with a local thermal coating company who's coating is supposed to hold up better in the wetter climate we have in the northwest... haven't had my LTs on my car for too long (about a month and a half). Here's what my coating looks like:

Old 04-01-2004, 05:40 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by DVST8OR
My Jet-Hot coated Hooker LT's are fine.

Had them on for more than a year, daily driven.

They are talking about rust on the headers and I can see rust on them from the pic you posted
Old 04-01-2004, 06:15 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I posted on that other thread. Mine are rusted after 1 1/2 years, one year of that with the car in storage when I was deployed to Iraq. The car sees no salt here in the Carolinas, it is not a daily driver. Sand would cause them to rust? Plenty of that here, but I never heard of sand rusting metal before. Especially if it's Jet Hot coated. Pretty dissapointed.
Old 04-01-2004, 06:23 PM

I have heard the same thing about the Jet Hot's. I am getting the Kooks LT's w/cat y-pipe. Check out Dez Racing. Where in CT are you?
Old 04-01-2004, 08:13 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by davered00ss
I have heard the same thing about the Jet Hot's. I am getting the Kooks LT's w/cat y-pipe. Check out Dez Racing. Where in CT are you?
I'm in milford, down on the coast....if your ever in the area let me know. Yea I considered Kooks too but i heard good things about both so i figured i'd go w/ qtp. Let me know.