Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Muffler volumes & tone / suggestions?

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2004, 09:48 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Muffler volumes & tone / suggestions?

Hi all-

I currently have a 3" x 12" dynomax bullet muffler and I love the sound of it. Over the summer, I plan on installing LT headers and Id like to fab up some home grown true duals. I plan on having dual cutouts just before the rear axle. I need to pick two mufflers to put out back to quiet the car when the cutouts are closed. While I love the sound of my current dynomax bullet, I think having two 2.5" bullets will not be much quieter than the open cutouts. Im now thinking about dynomax turbo mufflers, hoping that they will have a similar sound, but be quieter than the bullets. I dont mind running aluminized mufflers since Ill be high temp painting these anyway. Also, I have to find a muffler that is short enough so that it can be run parallel to the centerline of the car, but behind the rear axle. Anyone have any suggestions for me as to which muffler I should look into? I dont need it ultra-stealth quiet, just quiet enough to make a good difference when I open the cutouts.

Thanks,
-Tony