Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

come on help me out here

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2012, 08:35 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default come on help me out here

so my 01 ws6 decided it wanted to be difficult these past couple days. first of all the past 2 days now when my antenna goes down it goes down all the way untill it leaves about 4-5 inches up (it goes all the way up fine). not sure whats up there then tonight i noticed my left turn signal was messed up. when i turn on the left signal the green light stays lit on the dashboard. the front left turn signal light is completly out but the left tail light instead of blinking just stays solid lit up. any ideas? or even better solutions
Old 06-29-2012, 11:59 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

first with the antenna, these things get gunked up really easy, just have some one sit in the car, and turn the radio on and off while you spray some WD-40 on it. i took some, sprayed it on my hand and 'massaged' the antenna while it was up, then kept putting it down with the power button. keep doing this till it goes down by itself then wipe the excess off the paint.

now for the turn signal, when one of the bulbs is out then the turn signal will stay solid to indicate that one of the lights is out either on the tail lights or the front blinkers. so just replace the front bulb, although i suspect your socket up front is probably bad too. you can get a replacement socket from Autozone for pretty cheap.
Old 07-01-2012, 08:07 PM
12 Second Club

like he said about the turn signal. your housing is probaby cracked and there is probably water inside. if you just dry out the socket with a paper towel then take clear finger nail polish and cover both turn signals you will be good and that wont happen anymore. I had this problem when I got my ta, it took a few months before I found a solution.
Old 07-01-2012, 08:10 PM
Launching!

also with the turn signals you can just drill a hole in the bottom of the assembly and the water will drain out and not get on the bulbs.