Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

Moser 12 bolt trips ABS Inop/Brake lights

Old 06-30-2012, 08:27 AM
Teching In

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Moser 12 bolt trips ABS Inop/Brake lights

At the time this rear end was installed there supposedly were no harnesses to allow proper connection for ABS. So, technically speaking, the rear has no ABS right now and is tripping the ABS Inop light on the dash along with the hand brake light. Anyone aware of how to fix? Know of a harness I can use? I believe it needs a 4 point harness. It came with a three point.

Also, cruise control is inop.

Last edited by 02 SSilver Bullet; 06-30-2012 at 08:31 AM. Reason: Added info
Old 06-30-2012, 02:11 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by 02 SSilver Bullet
At the time this rear end was installed there supposedly were no harnesses to allow proper connection for ABS. So, technically speaking, the rear has no ABS right now and is tripping the ABS Inop light on the dash along with the hand brake light. Anyone aware of how to fix? Know of a harness I can use? I believe it needs a 4 point harness. It came with a three point.

Also, cruise control is inop.
I take it you bought this rear used and you are saying it does not have the ABS option on it?

PM's disabled, please e-mail me
E-mail: brutespeed@gmail.comob@brutespeed.com

https://brutespeed.com/ Link to website

Old 06-30-2012, 10:27 PM
Teching In

That's right. Can you help?
Old 07-01-2012, 06:37 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by 02 SSilver Bullet
That's right. Can you help?
The rear would not have the exciter gear in it if it was not ordered with the ABS option. Retrofitting it would be expensive, the entire rear would have to come apart. Your best bet is to forget having ABS, and remove the bulb staring at you on the dashboard, or sell the rear and get one that has ABS. Bob

PM's disabled, please e-mail me
E-mail: brutespeed@gmail.comob@brutespeed.com

https://brutespeed.com/ Link to website

Old 07-02-2012, 04:19 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I might be able to help you. What carrier do you have and gear ratio? I havethe the Moser in my car also bought used. My car has traction control so it does not used the sensor and reluctor wheel on the carrier. If you had same carrier I would trade. I have to pull mine to change gear ratio. I have the Eaton.
Old 07-02-2012, 04:50 PM
Teching In

Default Carrier

Not sure what carrier I'm using but I'll check. I don't have traction control on mine either. If we did have something worked out and traded, how would you want to do it?
Old 07-02-2012, 05:04 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You pay for shipping if you have the same carrier. I don't use these features so you can have the sensor and carrier. Moser usually put Eaton 4 series carriers with 33 splines. If you have this to trade and will pay shipping both ways we are good. I can take pics and I have a build thread in the forced induction forum which validates why I am pulling it soon, the carrier that is. Not the whole rearend. I don't know if there is a knockout or plug or what where the sensor would go on yours you will want to look into that. It may require machining. Maybe more work than you want. Just offering.
Old 07-05-2012, 11:07 AM
Teching In

Yeah, I don't know if I'm to more work on this rear end. To be simple, it works great just don't like the ABS and BRAKE lights on all the time. Still, the car stops pretty good without the ABS working and the cruise control I really don't use anyway. Let me think about it some more.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Moser 12 bolt trips ABS Inop/Brake lights