Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Have Revalved Bilsteins, What springs?

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2004, 04:52 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Question Have Revalved Bilsteins, What springs?

Hello all. I currently have a set of Hyperco springs on my SS with a set of Hyperco springs on them. I don't like the ride quality, and am CONSTANTLY scraping my resonators and tips.

What kind of springs could I get that will work with these shocks, and bring the ride height back up? How long do springs last before they become fatigued and need replacement? The roads here on Long Island suck, and the suspension get a big time work out.

Any thoughts, suggestions?

Also, I keep breaking front swaybar brackets, the part that goes around the bushing to hold it to the frame bracket. I am using a ST 35MM bar, too low, too stiff?
Old 04-03-2004, 12:55 PM
12 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I use Eibach's with the revalved Bilsteins and 35mm FWIW; haven't scraped anything and my bushings are now 2 years old after hard autox; haven't broken them yet.
Old 04-03-2004, 12:57 PM
TECH Resident

Perhaps it's just the crappy roads I have to put up with. How much is your car lowered with them? How about ride quality? I think these springs are fatigued, because they constantly bottom out in the rear.

Thank you for replying.
Old 04-03-2004, 01:02 PM
12 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

1.5", but the ride is great. I had Eibach's with stock decarbons and it sucked, bottomed out all the time, just jarred you to death. With this combo, it's real good.
Old 04-03-2004, 01:04 PM
TECH Resident

I think it's about that now, perhaps a bit more. I would imagine that they don't fatigue easily. How many miles on the combo? I have that EXACT problem with every time I hit a bump, it rattles the whole car.

Quick Reply: Have Revalved Bilsteins, What springs?