General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

wiper arm tab broken :(

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2012, 11:56 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default wiper arm tab broken :(

So the safelite glass guy was out the other day replacing the windshield in my other car, so i asked him if he could adjust the wiper arms on my t/a so they sit flush with the cowl. He said sure. When i came down later he said he tried but didnt have the right tools. Well it rained today, and the windshield wiper went past the windshield and into my driver's window. so i looked when i got where i was going, and the tab that the arm connects to is broken. I can't figure out if it's a plastic tab or a soft metal material. It's broken tho. And the guy never told me. So first question is, what the hell is that thing, and how can i replace it? second, would i be able to call safelite and make them replace it, eventhough the car wasnt the one the guy looked at? kinda sucks not having a driver's side wiper...
Old 07-05-2012, 02:41 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Take a picture, not sure what you're referring to. Is it the hinge part that is broken? LT1 wipers have a plastic cover that goes over the metal hinge part, it just pops right off. If the metal wiper arm itself is damaged, replace it.
Old 07-05-2012, 03:49 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

here's a pic close up. you can see the metal tab underneath
Attached Thumbnails wiper arm tab broken :(-wiper.jpg  

Quick Reply: wiper arm tab broken :(