General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Stuck window.

Old 07-07-2012, 03:12 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Stuck window.

My drivers side window is getting stuck when I try to roll it up. It will roll down just fine, but it gets stuck about 3 inches from the top just on the front side(towards the front of the car). I then have to grab the front of it and pull it the rest of the way up. Any ideas as to whats causing this and how I can fix it.
Old 07-07-2012, 06:40 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Prolly needs a new window motor. Parts stores have them for like $40, thats what was wrong with mine.
Old 07-07-2012, 08:53 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

when you say it gets stuck, is the front of the window getting stuck, or falling into the black plastic piece that holds the mirror? if you grab the window and roll it up from halfway while kinda pulling the window to the back of the car and it goes up fine, then its not the motor its something to do with the adjustments and alignment. i have the problem with my passenger window and i havent figured out how to fix it.
Old 07-07-2012, 09:30 PM
Staging Lane

Exact same thing happened to my T/A about two weeks ago (passenger side). I ordered the regulator and motor assembly from rock auto for about $69 plus shipping. About half the cost of the part stores, and I was able to replace both units to save future hassle.

edit: Also, thanks to the advice from others on this forum, I replaced the motor/regulator with Dorman brand parts. Supposedly Dorman makes their motors new vice refurbishing old ones. As an added bonus, my window now raises/lowers twice as fast as stock! No more slow window!

Last edited by FinallymyT/A; 07-07-2012 at 09:33 PM. Reason: add manufacturer details

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Stuck window.