Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

panhard rod..

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2012, 04:38 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default panhard rod..

so im going to be running 10.5 with 315s in the back and was told to get a panhard bar, i was looking on lm performance but there is so many non single or double adjustable and so on. was wondering what most guys are running for best fitment and overall quality seeing since there is a few brands and prices ranging from 99 to 200

Posted from LS1Tech.com App for Android
Old 07-08-2012, 05:17 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by 450xguy
so im going to be running 10.5 with 315s in the back and was told to get a panhard bar, i was looking on lm performance but there is so many non single or double adjustable and so on. was wondering what most guys are running for best fitment and overall quality seeing since there is a few brands and prices ranging from 99 to 200

I don't know alot about LM Performance but there are many different companies to choose from, BMR, UMI etc.. I would definitely opt for the adjustable version because if you are like most of us, later down the road you will be swapping rears and you will need it to properly align the car over the rearend and such.
Old 07-08-2012, 05:33 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I'd look at Founders Performance, I haven't found alot of information on there products, but out of what I could find none of it was bad.
Old 07-08-2012, 06:08 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Fry_
I'd look at Founders Performance, I haven't found alot of information on there products, but out of what I could find none of it was bad.
^THIS! I just bought their Subframe Connectors, Non-Adjustable Lower Control Arms, and Non-Adjustable Panhard Bar not knowing my friend was going to give me his lower springs and shocks for my stock springs and shocks but besides not buying adjustable they fit perfect and I've had no issues and you can't beat the price.
Old 07-08-2012, 08:29 PM
Launching!

You definitely want to get an adjustable panhard bar, especially if you plan to run bigger tires. Not only will an adj. phb align your rear but it will also help align your wheels which can be huge depending on which tire you plan to run. Some 315's run bigger than others which may rub against your wheel well. If this happens you'll need the bfh mod. Using an adj. phb will help prevent that
Old 07-09-2012, 01:07 AM
Staging Lane

spohn products look like a real quality product is anyone running theirs?

Old 07-09-2012, 01:06 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

x2 on the founders panhard. solid piece
Old 07-10-2012, 01:52 PM
Teching In

I have the Spohn adjustable at my house right now, going on this weekend, I will let you know how I like it. I have a 2 friends that are both using it and love it.
Old 07-10-2012, 02:12 PM
12 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

X3 on founders products. I have LCA's and Relocation brackets from them. Good quality piece.
Old 07-10-2012, 05:19 PM
Staging Lane

sounds good just looking for quality material that is going to last

Old 07-11-2012, 10:19 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You need a PHB to run wider tires? I thought you only needed it when you lower your car. I ran 11 inch rims with 315's on my old TA with a stock PHB (all stock suspension actually) without any issues???

But if you must for whatever reason get a PHB... i vote you get a "on-car adjustable", brand of your choice... i went with UMI. You will never have to take it off to make changes, which is very nice.
Old 07-11-2012, 10:34 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Carter01
I don't know alot about LM Performance but there are many different companies to choose from, BMR, UMI etc.. I would definitely opt for the adjustable version because if you are like most of us, later down the road you will be swapping rears and you will need it to properly align the car over the rearend and such.
^^^^ ... definitely this!

spohn products look like a real quality product is anyone running theirs?.
Spohn rod-ended LCA's, PHBR, T/A and Drag Sway bar .... like them all, but BMR and UMI makes nice products as well. I bought Spohn only because of a vender's smokin' deal and free shipping at the time. I would have gone BMR or UMI if the deal was the same.

Old 07-11-2012, 02:54 PM
TECH Fanatic

spohn products look like a real quality product is anyone running theirs?

I am and they are top notch. If your serious about running 10.5s then get the DA with the Del Sphere pivot bearing ends like in the picture someone posted for you. Don't waste your money on something you can't fully adjust or Poly ends that still are going to flex under power.
Old 07-11-2012, 03:17 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by NC98Z
I am and they are top notch. If your serious about running 10.5s then get the DA with the Del Sphere pivot bearing ends like in the picture someone posted for you. Don't waste your money on something you can't fully adjust or Poly ends that still are going to flex under power.
I thought the same thing about the "10.5", but after re-reading the post a few times, I believe the OP means he is going to run a 10.5" wide wheel with a 315 not running in the 10.5's .... !
Old 07-11-2012, 08:43 PM
TECH Addict

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

founders perf. love my suspension. solid pieces
Old 07-12-2012, 04:58 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by BrianSF-GA
I thought the same thing about the "10.5", but after re-reading the post a few times, I believe the OP means he is going to run a 10.5" wide wheel with a 315 not running in the 10.5's .... !
Yes i will be running 10.5's, Not in the 10s just yet but slowly working on it.
Old 07-13-2012, 02:27 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by udienow
You need a PHB to run wider tires? I thought you only needed it when you lower your car. I ran 11 inch rims with 315's on my old TA with a stock PHB (all stock suspension actually) without any issues???

But if you must for whatever reason get a PHB... i vote you get a "on-car adjustable", brand of your choice... i went with UMI. You will never have to take it off to make changes, which is very nice.
TA's can usually swing it but problems with larger tires and wheels is not unheard of so just to be safe, its recommended
Old 07-16-2012, 07:47 AM
TECH Resident

At least in my opinion, here it is in a "nutshell" ... it sounds like you plan to run your car at the track ("Not in the 10s just yet but slowly working on it") so you will be making changes to improve your ET's, MPH's and 60's. Your 10-bolt will definitely come out at some point for an S60, 9" or 12" and you will be swapping the wheels for 15's and trying different tires and tire sizes (26's, 27's and/or 28's). You will want the front-to-rear and side-to-side adjustability of adjustable LCA's and PHBR and you should also be thinking about an adjustable T/A as well.
Old 07-16-2012, 08:53 PM
Staging Lane

Yea after doing alot of research and continuing research right now i am focused on getting LT and Catback with a tune, doing supsension and getting everything right and then adding the power. I did it *** backwards on my rx7 and i regretted it. i had a missile that handled like **** and had bad brake fade after some good speed runs. So this time im doing it right. handling first then speed. My plan is PHB then mount my rims and tires then doing a torque arm LCAS sway bars shock tower brace and SFC's and start looking into a good brake package

Quick Reply: panhard rod..