PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What is the real difference in these systems?

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2012, 09:33 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default What is the real difference in these systems?

I tune my own car. It is a turbocharged, 408ci, and I run a 4L80 and I have been using HP Tuners with it since they first came on the market, LS1 Edit before that. Now that I am running 120# injectors I can not get the PCM to lean out enough at idle, and I can not get any consistant idle quality.

I have installed a few MS3 systems on sevral different cars (NA and Forced induction) and they always work out great. They are symple to install and symple to tune. I have a MS3 built for my car but I have not installed it yet. I am really impressed with the MS3. Believe it or not I have installed the MS3 on two industrial engines at work that are 6600ci natural gas engines running 32 220# injectors. I am very impressed with what you can do with the MS3. Needless to say I am very familure with the Mega Squirt products and software packages.

I also have a BS3 on order for it. I have never played with a BS3 yet.

I have downloaded and looked at the software for the BS3 (I am not impressed yet and I am hoping I will be once I have a running car with it to play with) and the Holley EFI Dominator (this software looks to have more features then the BS3 but I have not run either so I could be wrong).

What advantages does the Stock PCM offer over a MS3 or BS3 or Holley EFI Dominator?

What are the pro's and cons of the stock PCM, a MS3, a BS3, and the Holley EFI Dominator?

Does the BS3 or Holley EFI have the same if not better logging program the MS3 has or the stock PCM has with EFI Live or HP Tuners?

As a side note, I am thinking of running 16 total injectors, 8 small injectors on pump gas for casual driving, and the other 8 injectors on alcohol that will come in when the time is right (shutting the smaller 8 gasoline injecters off). I have not comitted to this as of yet.

I am trying to decide which of the three systems I have to run and why I should use X system over A or B?

Thanks
Old 11-12-2012, 07:08 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

bump, wanting to know the same thing for a 496 BBC with similar trans consideration and injector sizes

Quick Reply: What is the real difference in these systems?