Street Racing & Kill Stories - Whats your best kill ever...

View Full Version : Whats your best kill ever...

01WendySue6
07-09-2012, 06:08 PM
I was wondering what everyones best kill was? Best is a relative term so that can mean how bad you beat the other racer, a story behind the race, beating some punkass or whatever best means to you! Videos please if anyone has them i unfortunatley dont have video but my best kill ever was against a gt-s celica (hell yes a celica). Kid at my school had my entire high school thinking this celica was the nastiest thing in the city. White with black rims, ugly ass HUGE muffler, mods were only CAI and a cheap turbo (car made about 190 stock and i think 270 modded). Few of my friends had begged me to race him but i never saw the need to (my ride is an 01 WS6, only mods right now are exhaust and slp lid) seeing as it would be a smashing. Finally word got around he was calling me out saying (direct quote) "theres a reason they dont make that pussy car anymore". I was only to happy to finally agree but told him that when i win he fills my tank up for the gas i was gunna waste. 3 hours later with 150 people watching i beat him in a half mile race so bad i had time to stop, get out, and smile as he stopped. My tank got filled and at least 2 or 3 times a day the rest of the year people asked me "hey arent you that guy who beat ____ in that race". Indeed haha me and my "pussy car". My best kill simply for the story. Share please...

1_MEANZ28
07-09-2012, 06:17 PM
sounds like a story...ivd crushed a couple fbo mustangs dreams when they would swear they could take out ls1s,i raced for money on a few and beat them all..and with my 383 lt1 ,everyone at the track thought if was weak,they even told me "i dont know why people mod lt1's"..i beat one of the top dogs there a bolt on tune 302 BOSS
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jgj5g8BzTk4

V8EATR
07-09-2012, 06:17 PM
Mine was in my old Grand Prix GTP that ran a 12.6@112 on street tires. This was also 5-6 years ago where a 12sec street car was slightly less common than today lol. I was driving next to a guy with an Evo. I just acted really enamored with his car and asked if it had one of those turbo things and how awesome that was. I said the car was my moms and she let me put flowmasters on it and that it felt quick.

I asked if he wanted to race or something for fun and he was cool but was like I don't think its really worth it. So I just pushed the issue and finally got him to agree, I told him I just wanted to see how much I would loose by. I told him to just go and he did.

The look on his face as I blew by him while spinning the tires was priceless. Havne't had a kill in all my cars since then to come close to that. Priceless.

1_MEANZ28
07-09-2012, 06:21 PM
Mine was in my old Grand Prix GTP that ran a 12.6@112 on street tires. This was also 5-6 years ago where a 12sec street car was slightly less common than today lol. I was driving next to a guy with an Evo. I just acted really enamored with his car and asked if it had one of those turbo things and how awesome that was. I said the car was my moms and she let me put flowmasters on it and that it felt quick.

I asked if he wanted to race or something for fun and he was cool but was like I don't think its really worth it. So I just pushed the issue and finally got him to agree, I told him I just wanted to see how much I would loose by. I told him to just go and he did.

The look on his face as I blew by him while spinning the tires was priceless. Havne't had a kill in all my cars since then to come close to that. Priceless.
lol wow..pretty cool

01WendySue6
07-09-2012, 06:29 PM
The grand prix story is hilarious!! Once upon a time i thought evos were cool and thats an awesome story. Talk to the guy afterwards?

karpetcm
07-09-2012, 06:48 PM
My best kill was against an old friends G37 with intake and exhaust. When we first met he swore he beat a V10 M5 and has beatin RS5's and so on. I immediatly laughed but not letting him know i was laughing at him. He kept telling me his car is a top end car and he will easily pull on me. He even bought his friend to fill to show how hard he was going to pull on me. So the kill isnt anything exciting but the person i beat finally shut his mouth and told him after a few weeks later not to go around tellin people the type of cars he beat that is just not possible and makes you look stupid. I also told him as bad as i beat you the M5 will beat me even worse so im sure you pulled on a M5, lol.

http://i112.photobucket.com/albums/n171/karpetcm/th_carshow026.jpg (http://s112.photobucket.com/albums/n171/karpetcm/?action=view&current=carshow026.mp4)

89gmcs15
07-09-2012, 07:05 PM
ive got a few good ones but the cars racing werent all that... i was 19, just livin my job as oil trash. scraped the few pennies i didnt spend on beer long enough to buy my first "fast" car. a 2004 subraru sti. blue with gold wheels. not long after i got the car i got the cobb stage 1 on the accessport. nifty thing that was. well cruisin the main drag one day and this cocky kid in a svt n20 focus (you know the one, awesome body kit and enough nos to blow us all up) started talkin shit with 3 of his buddies in his beast. i let it go for a bit then he finally conned me into a race. 3 honks were off from a 30 roll. it didnt go good for him atall. busses, busses bad. i let out and he wanted to chat. i follow him to the "rich people" airport hangar and we bs about the cars and how hes got somethin to take me down inside. he walks into the hangar and im expectin a vette or a blown camaro or something like that to come out. naah out rolls a mini cooper s convertible. i laughed pretty hard as he loaded up his car with his crew and proceded to get rolled out on by my sti. i knew it was gunna happen but some how he got to me. got to me enough that i had to shit on his day not once but twice. when i think about that now i still laugh alittle inside.

audacious nick
07-09-2012, 07:43 PM
I've beaten a couple C6 corvettes pretty easily.
One was behind me at a stoplight when I was turning left. I took the turn easy, going through in second, and I went into the middle lane. Well this guy in his corvette floors it through the corner and then the minute he gets straight. Right as he got to my rear fender, I rolled into the throttle. I stopped his pull and pulled away from him up to 70 and let off. He was thoroughly shocked, but when I told him I didn't even go WOT(no need to), he tried tell me he started in 4th. I just laughed and drove off.

Another one was driving like a tool, tailgating me. I shifted into 3rd at 40 and started rolling into the throttle. Guy was still stuck to my bumper, so I punched it and immediately started pulling him and he couldn't keep up. I slowed down and the guy pulled even with me, looking shocked. I just smirked and he took off like an idiot.

F-Body_4_Life
07-09-2012, 07:56 PM
I was trying to pass a slow moving, dusty ass Camaro and I guess he thought I was trying to race him.. I guess you could call it a kill.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&list=UUtyKXYSENBEhJIqtrw43Rbw&v=L9WcuPyF10s

turtle93
07-09-2012, 08:23 PM
First hit on n20 was with a c6 zo6 playing with me he got the shock of his life when the little c4 put a bus on him he was in the wrong gear for the 40 we were doing I'm sure but I'm claiming it he caught me at the light and yelled that thing is nasty man really cool guy

30th t/a
07-09-2012, 08:29 PM
GSXR600 twice and a 2001 Viper GTS. I was making 416rwhp at the time. Thats pretty good for my neck of the woods. Not much out here running around.

Mike Morris
07-09-2012, 10:30 PM
My first Viper kill in my Fox body. Guy smirked at me and took off. I blew his doors off once I hit third gear. At the next light guy gave me thumbs up. All the single turbo Supra kills in Fox body right behind that too.

07 z71 silverado
07-09-2012, 10:53 PM
Ran a guys 06 gto with cam, stall, and nitrous for around 300. He was talking so much about how hes gonna show me how a real ls2 runs. So we ran them head up motor to motor he jumped the flagman got about 2 1/2 cars out on me I bang into 2nd stop his pull. Hit 3rd came around him continued to into 4th and pulled another 1 1/2 cars and ended up around 2 1/2 to 3 cars ahead. With the money I won I bought some new pushrods lol. About a day after the run I found out he sprayed me and he was swearing up and down I was spraying lol.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sy22S-zlwH0&feature=plcp

camaro98z28
07-09-2012, 11:02 PM
Beating a BMW 335i in my tuned HHR SS and having people there to see it. Not something to expect from a POS HHR. :)

NightmareTA
07-09-2012, 11:33 PM
I have two...both too good to pick one.

First was in my 86 trans am with my old cammed/bolt on/5 speed 305 TPI. Local kid in a bolt on orange LS1 SS camaro catches the light next to me. I see the serious look on his face so I knew it was on. I was expecting to get destroyed. Light turns green and he botched the launch. I got about 4-5 cars on him with the hit, and let off just into 4th gear with him about 3 cars back still. Next light he's got a giddy smile on his face and he goes "damn man, that things quick! Is that a turbo TA? (my car was white)" And I replied "nope, just a modded 305." His look changed after that to the look of "what the fuck just happened?"

Second was in my old 2000 Firehawk M6 with just a borla catback. This cocky kid I knew had JUST bought a new for the time 350Z. He went around spewing so much BS about how he'd smoke me in reverse and that those "old V8's" had nothing comapred to the new japanese technology. I finally get him to put his money where his mouth was and run. I got him by busses. Then, he spent over $2K in mods...intake, headers, catback, test pipes, underdrives, short shifter, tune, etc and called me out again saying I was gonna get my ass handed to me. Well the little old slow hawk with still only a catback walked him again. After that, he openly admitted to having respect for the almighty LS1.

Some guys you just gotta teach the hard way. Oh and heres the vid from WAY back then. Sorry it's just music...the sound quality came out terrible. We were using a camcorder LMAO.

http://www.streetfire.net/video/stock-2000-firehawk-trans-am-v-shit-talking-intake_72136.htm

Camaro_94
07-09-2012, 11:48 PM
My favorite win was against a whipple'd 03 cobra. Always loved them and have wanted one.

Funniest was when a 900hp TT 03 Cobra stomped my old bolt-on 02 SS.

S8ER95Z
07-10-2012, 12:12 AM
Many years ago (not impressive at all these days) I beat a 2001 360 Modena with my 1995 lt1 z28 (CC306 + bolt ons). I can physically run faster than my ls1 now so I doubt I will be able to top that kill any time soon.

bamaballa205
07-10-2012, 01:08 AM
Best win was against two 08 C6's & a 03 cobra ported blower with a 50shot in 3 way races. All of them were on drag radials but me which made it my best so far.

geoffreymexico
07-10-2012, 01:41 AM
Me and a buddy were riding around looking for races and finally come up on a guy and his girl in a pretty clean looking 03-04 GT and here is how the conversation went.

ME: You wanna run?
HIM: (LAUGHTER) You dont want none of this.
ME: Um why is that?
HIM: Cuz this aint no honda civic.
ME: (LAUGHTER) Im willing to take my chances.

He told me to meet him at an undisclosed location somewhere in mexico in like 10 minutes. I kinda thought he was trying to ditch me and avoid me the rest of the night, but i wasnt going to be the one who didnt show up. After the race i figured out he just needed to open up his bottle.

Crappy vid but you can see him jump past me, then as I gain traction start to eat his words.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rgfYi4NODGw

He said he left his traction control on so i offered another race but then he was said it wouldnt make much of a difference.

V8EATR
07-10-2012, 07:17 AM
The grand prix story is hilarious!! Once upon a time i thought evos were cool and thats an awesome story. Talk to the guy afterwards?

lol no. He was no where to be found. I had people flat out laugh at me for wanting to race. Thats what made that car awesome. Total sleeper.

chemicalstylez
07-10-2012, 08:38 AM
Last week I ran into a guy with a brand new 5.0. He was riding my ass on a 1 lane road, and it opened up to two lanes. SO he guns it by me and oddly we both hit the same red light next to each other. I look over at him and he says "my old ass wanna be car" can't hang with his new "muscle car". May i point out he is screaming this over the noise of my CAM haha... I tell him let have a shot, hes screams its pointless.... I wish i had a video so you could see his face when i walked by him in 2nd gear. At the next light he didn't even have the balls to acknowledge or even look at me.

stockz
07-10-2012, 10:22 AM
I have two, ill post the other one soon, here is my first. My best Ever was when I was stock and first started racing, my friends said he could get me a race with a fox body that only had a cam and full exhaust. I picked up my bud, and went to checkers, the fox came rumbling in, I was real nervous then, thinking im going to get killed and everyone would know by 8am. being my first race i didn't even think about any film (this was 8 or 9 years ago maybe) so we cruised out to the freeway and came to a stop, my clutch leg was literally shaking. we all had both windows down and could hear well, so my friend gave a count 1, 2, 3.. Bang I took off and started shifting, the fox jumps but couldnt hold but to my door on the first gear, fell back to my bumper on the second, and i started to put car lenbghts after that. we got off the freeway and talked, the driver said "i have nothing for that car but would you like to try from a roll? I (then being confident) agreed. we rooled back toward checker on the freeway and i let him take the hit, it was worse than before. So i got to go back to checkers and the smile on my face was like the cat that ate the canary :D My cherry was pooped and it was ON from that moment.

S8ER95Z
07-10-2012, 10:29 AM
My cherry was pooped and it was ON from that moment.

pooped a cherry...lmfao

NW-99SS
07-10-2012, 11:30 AM
My favorite kill was a 98 Cobra with a Vortech supercharger. Guy was nice, car was clean, said he thought it made 400rwhp. I was stock except for the biggest power adder ever, the almighty K&N air filter!

We went for a friendly run. 1st run, I took him out of the hole and slowly walked away in each gear. End of 1/4 mile, I had about 2-3 cars on him. 2nd run went better for him, I smoked the tires on the launch, but pulled even by the end of 2nd gear. Finished a car length ahead of the Cobra. He was dumbfounded by my stock 99 SS, and I was too. I fully expected to lose. I just assumed he had a bad tune or something not quite right with the install.

The funniest part of it all was he was trying to get me to go in town in front of all his buddies - being cocky and what not. Lucky for him, I knew he was supercharged and let him have his moment...until this happened later that day.

1995blacktattop
07-10-2012, 11:43 AM
back when i was in college (2000-2003) i had a 1993 ford thunderbird SC. i was cruising one night and this guy pulls up next to me in an 80s cutlass and goes "dude, i just dropped a 350 in this, what you got in that a 5.0?" i replied back with a fake dissappointed sounding "nah, it's just a V6" :devil:

when the light went green we went to about 50 or so and i had him by about a car length. he saw me later that night and said "i thought you said that was a V6?" to which i replied "it is a V6, i just forgot to mention the supercharger" and he replies "i thought i heard some blower whine"

:D

mid 14 second car back then, pretty good sleeper :)

http://carphotos.cardomain.com/ride_images/2/3267/2541/20666270038_large.jpg

Wild Willy
07-10-2012, 12:02 PM
I bought a '79 Buick Century used in about '81. Had the 3.8 V-6 in it, pretty car- same mechanicals as the Regal or Monte Carlo of the time. It threw a rod a couple years later, and when junk-yarding a new motor, found out a new(used) V-6 was about $500, while I could get a V-8 for about $200. Guess which one I put in? Left the V-6 badges on the fenders, and had dual exhaust with quiet mufflers. A real sleeper, eventually got a 4-bbl and even nitrous. Put 16" IROC wheels on it, they matched the paint. Mine was silver over grey metallic. I had grey tinted windows, and 50-series tires, but it looked like a business man's car, not a rod. Lots of cars got fooled by that one. The best was when I was racing a red Camaro, and beating him. We went by a cop, and you can guess which car got pulled over- wasn't me.

Care looked similar to this;
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:%2770s_Buick_Century.jpg

boostedskyline
07-10-2012, 12:02 PM
lol some awesome kill stories

Bitemark46
07-10-2012, 12:45 PM
I just have 3 that I can remember...

1. Beat a n/a h/c/i LS1 at the track one time. Holeshotted the piss out of him and held him off till the end. I got accused by his buddies that I had a bottle hidden. lol.

2. Beat a sprayed mach 1 (have the vid for it). Again held him off but my mph was almost to that of his

3. I beat Wolverine one time at a TnT. For those that don't know him its a 95 mustang with 1000rwhp. He fubar'd the launch, then got on it and spun, then finally started to take off. He ran like a low 12 at like 135 or something. lol.

-Mark

Nicky98T/a
07-10-2012, 02:06 PM
I got one of my own and my one from my buddy...

My own being racing my friends 93 fox body he had just picked up with about 55,xxx miles on the car and its very stock from the motocraft sparkplugs from 93 and wires nothing was ever changed on the car and he always wanted to race me since he had it. He was swearing up and down that he'd beat me without a doubt in his mind. Till one night finally agreed to run and i put a good bus length or so on him and then after the run we met and he wanted to drive my car and thought i was bluffing him with my mods. I know its nothing special beating up on a stockish car in a basically stockish car of my own... but its always good making someone eat their words!

My buddys is a great story. He has a 09 G8 GT and was driving one day and a mid 2000s G35 pulls up to him and asks if thats a 6? He replies with yea it is. The G35 then asks him to run to the next light my buddy says sure. They run to the next light and of course the G8 was ahead by far and they both get to the next light and the G35 asks him...hey i thought that was a 6? My buddy replies with yea... 6 liter and pulls away before he can respond lol

infamouzlsx
07-10-2012, 02:34 PM
My best kill is a nitrous ls2 gto
So there's this guy in town who has. A gto the mods I know about are longtubes, intake,ported tb, tune, and he said he had a 50 shot of nitrous when we raced.he always reved up at me and my friends when he saw us so one day we followed him my friend had a 01 bolt on ss he raced him first and got pulled by about 4 cars on a roll. At the time I had a c5 vette bolt ons and tune with drag radials I noticed he was on street tires so I said I'll race you from a dig and he said I can't hook so I said so you have a ls2 and nitrous. All I have is a ls1 a4 vette that made 319 to the wheels.he then agreed and said meet me at this location in 1 hour. One hour passed and me and my friend with the ss showed up and there was like around30 people there waiting to watch the race. We line up and I took off hard he stayed spinning I shut down at 110 I was about 4 cars ahead we went back and he was like no way that's a bolt on ls1 I just told him spinning ain't winning

1995blacktattop
07-10-2012, 04:31 PM
The best was when I was racing a red Camaro, and beating him. We went by a cop, and you can guess which car got pulled over- wasn't me.

Care looked similar to this;
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:%2770s_Buick_Century.jpg

:lol:

that reminds me of another SC story a friend of mine told me.

He had a white 93 SC which was even more sleeperish than my red one. One day he was doing a burnout at an intersection and saw a cop come up to the light on the other side of the intersection, oops. well he stopped the burnout and as the light went green, this mustang GT behind him did a small tire chirp. guess who got pulled over for the burnout, Not the grandpa looking supercoupe :lol:

stockz
07-10-2012, 06:35 PM
My other Best race ever WAS filmed, I have a good friend who built his own motor, did a bunch of work to the car, got big carb, intake, exhaust, all the goodie but TIRES...LOLOLOL :engarde:

so here we are, him talking MOUNTAINS OF TRASH, on how his car was going to Rape mine like the road runner vs coyote. I was thinking i better jump him on the start beacuse his car was faster, and I knew It! :punch:

And guess what happened :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UgjWGUgQ0fA&list=FLYGL2pxx2QdvBzn0n7KbbEw&index=2&feature=plpp_video

The Best part is I will NEVER Lose this Video, from now until eternity he will have to see it OVER and OVER again ...LOL :usa:

CoolAid
07-10-2012, 06:49 PM
A short time after High School. I was at a gas station with a buddy probably picking up a blunt to gut or something, I don't remember it being for gas. Anyhoo, right before we took off a silver IROC pulled in. We took off and were immediately followed. Small town so we knew we were being followed so we pulled over not knowing what to expect. Turns out they heard the gear drive and figured I'd be down to race (now that I think about it I probably threw them "5" when I was leaving). It was a '92, the two young guys in it were pretty proud of the LT1 swap they had just done. They were from out of town and cruising for random races. IIRC, I didn't stand a chance according to them. It had a 700R4 and 3.73 w/ posi. To be honest I didn't think I had a chance either. Maybe a chance, but back then LT1s were still formidable and I hadn't raced any "new" tech up until that point. Medium story short, I killed it from a dig by 2 cars. He said he spun but from what my buddy who flagged it said, I was the one spinning (no posi, good 'ol 8.2 10-bolt open diff). On the way back we did a low roll and I took him down by 3 cars. Sent them home kinda sad. My '72 ran good that night.

http://i383.photobucket.com/albums/oo276/coolaidgto/Novaburn30001-1.jpg

'72 Nova (bought it as a 6cyl/PG car). SBC 355. 9.3:1. 218/224, 465/488 cam. L31 Vortec heads. Performer RPM intake. Demon 650 carb. Dynomax 5/8" headers. TCI Streetfighter TH350 w/ 2,400 stall, multi-leaf springs out of a '71 Rally Nova and terrible 2.56 gears. With the aluminum rad, wheels, and poly fuel cell it weighed 3,120 with me in it! LOL its saving grace. Terrible off the line but hauled ass once it got going. I originally built the motor as my senior project for HS for my 1970 Chevelle:

http://i383.photobucket.com/albums/oo276/coolaidgto/ChevelleBurn.jpg

Even though I loved the big A body, the motor hauled the most ass in the fly weight Nova. I won 25 out of 30 street races (mostly digs) with that Nova. I always have wished I could have ran it with a nice 3.73 posi setup. Oh well, another lifetime I suppose........good times.

baalic
07-10-2012, 07:04 PM
My best kill, I was like, 18 I think? Maybe 19. I've mentioned my Nova a few times on here, but it was in that old POS Nova that I got my best kill.... It was a 75 Nova, 2 door red......death trap.

The motor was a rat rod 400 small block, head, cam, edelbrock high rise intake, edelbrock 4 bbl 750 carb, open element chrome breather, lontubes, straight pipes, completly built TH350 Trans with a 3200 stall ,and shift kit. .... Original front suspension, originally a v6 car, bad EVERYTHING in front as far as suspension..... and that was VS an early 90's ZR1.......

We pull up at the light, my buddy in the seat beside me, and this vette pulls up. we are both checking it out, and the guy has his girl in the seat beside him. I guess he think's we are checking out his girl, because he gets this look on his face and starts revving his motor at the redlight.... My buddy looks at me and goes ,"go for it dude". Light Turns, I mash it... Massive wheel spin, but I immediately pull 2 cars on him, and I notice he starts comming up strong....oops, forgot to shift, yes its an auto but my valve body requires me to let off the gas for it to shift, so i left of and mash it and it shifts into second, instantly stop his pull, and start pulling slightly. time for third gear, and i dont mess up, im still pulling, at this time we have done way more then 1/4 ,probably more like 3/4 and my car is just about topped out, and I see the vette starting to pull back, but alas, the road has a chicane, and im doing 140mph with the worlds shittest handeling car, so I start shutting down, so I don't die still hit the chicane at 100, tires not liking it at all, and he flies by me ,probably doing every bit of 150 by this time, all I see for the split second, is his girl slapping the fuck out of him on the other side of the chicane......

I don't know what went through that guys mind when his 400+ hp vette got SMOKED by my POS Nova, but, I'm sure he was not very happy!!!!

boostedskyline
07-10-2012, 09:38 PM
^ lmao

Blkdvll
07-11-2012, 01:49 AM
Pretty much any race that happened in my Gen1 Lightning. No one expected a farm truck to beat them lol

Hands down, without a doubt, the BEST race I've ever had was when I was on my way home from a trip, and I caught a red light in the middle of b-f'ing nowhere....and a sheriff lines up next to me. He complimented my truck, how clean it was, the stance, how it sounded.....then told me it was 'on' on green.....wait what? Yes, after double, triple, and quadruple checking, he wanted to run them. Eh, sure...why not, I had already acquired two speeding tickets that trip, why not make it a trifecta? As we sit there, watching the light he yells over "nail it! I won't stop ya!". With that the light turns green and we both mash the gas. His p71 cries in pain, while my old farm truck did what it always did - Hooked and booked. I only took it up to around 70 before letting out of her. I look in my rear view mirror to see the officer buses behind with his lights on.....fml. As I start dragging my brake he FLYS by me, lights...and now siren blazen with a thumb way out high out of the window.

I wouldn't call that truck fast by any means (13.9X), but quick for what it was, especially from light to light runs.

TransAmcoupe98
07-11-2012, 05:49 AM
Dear god I have so many but one of my favorites:

I was in St. Pete, Florida headed toward Gandy bridge cruising in 6th gear in my old Z06. I was cruising about 60 mph when I saw a silver z06 sitting in the U-turn median with a nice looking broad in the passenger seat. I passed by not instigating anything and he caught up real quick and I simply just let into the gas never downshifting at all and he downshifted and pulled away. Lemons12 (Evan) was drving my GTO behind me and called immediately and asked what the fuck was I doing. So me and Lemons12 pull into a gas station just to chill for a quick minute. So Lemons12 kept saying man you shouldve raced him dude, shouldve raced him etc etc. All the sudden, here comes a quick approaching silver Z06 with a cocky as hell driver. I asked him while sitting in my car, "Do you want to run them?" He responded very concededly, Pfft, FUCK YEA. So we then get onto the bridge (4 mile straightaway over the bay) and we go from a 70 roll. With his nice looking little girlfriend looking at me, I tell him to just go...just go dude, no honks and take a head start. He looks at me confused for a second and then downshifts and takes off. I wait about 3 seconds and I pull it into 2nd and burn the tires a bit and immediately get to his door. I then let off the gas as to keep pace with him and look him dead in the eye, then at his girlfriend with a slight grin and take off again putting about 12-15 car lengths on him. I shut mine down around 150ish, I wanted to make it very ugly. Then Lemons12 in my GTO behind me got beside him and raced him to about 120 and put a steady ass whoopin on him as well. We stopped back at the gas station and he pulled up to talk and I didnt really say too much. I wasnt a good sport I guess. He shouldnt have been a cocky asshole.

HioSSilver
07-11-2012, 06:28 AM
I put a couple busses on a pullied, I,E straight axle swap cobra last year...and he had the hit and I had a passenger. That's gotta be one of my fave's.

Sticks n Stones
07-11-2012, 08:40 AM
Here's some I dredged up out of a old post I made years ago. My car was a '78 Z28 back then.

My funnier stories:

Summer of '96 Friday night in Kirkland, WA (scenic hangout for the Microsoft nerds with there exotic cars, never know what you'll be racing). I was parked BS'ing with my brother when a 3000GT VR4 leaves the nearby stoplight HARD, chirping his 4 tires, then cruises by with the suit and tie driver staring hard at my Z28.

Brother and I glance at each other, and smile. Two sodas hit the ground, I Bo Duke across the hood and we are chasing. Two blocks to catch him at a light, with a Honda full of college age guys inbetween. A perfect race spot: road is elevated going uphill without a turnout for at least a 1/4mile.

The Honda knows whats up, they are looking back at us and up at the VR4, acting all excited. Heh Heh Spectators to the Mother of all Flyby's I'm planning. Green light, Honda follows VR4 on quick jump thru intersection and gets into the other lane and slows. I wait for the gap to widen as the VR4 is just cruising 35mph now, not seeing what is about to happen. NOW! Drop the shifter into first, nail the gas n change lanes. I pass him at 6200rpm, the sound devastatingly loud, bouncing off the concrete blocks on either side of the road like a echo chamber. I see him drinking a Big Gulp all innocent like for a split second before the sound hits him, then he jumps in his seat like a snake bit him when the cascade of sound hits his ears. I missed it, but he CRUSHED the 32 ounce big gulp in his grip and spills it all over himself!!!! My brother is in hysterics as he relays that to me.

Guy initially didnt chase but when he realized he couldnt just wipe the mess up with his hanky he got pissed and chases us, racing us up a freeway onramp (I lost) and on the freeway twice (I won both barely). After both the Big Gulp episode and the 2 loses I woulda figured he would just pull off the freeway anonymously but he actually pulled up next to us and gave my car a thumbs up. Cool dude after all.

Damn that was funny though, I can't help but grin every time I think of that even 12 years later! :D
The next week I ordered a new cam and intake, cant let it get that close again...
__________________________________________________ ____________________________________________

Cruising thru town in my old '78 4spd Z28 I come across 2 teens in a restored conv. '66 mustang. Daddies car. As i pull up next to them they rev the engine and expose the fact its a stock 289 with cherry bombs to my trained ear.

Next light is last in town and road goes to 55mph and down to 1 lane after about 100 yards-a race instigators dream. As luck would have it its red, no cars around and he is revving his engine while passenger is hooting and hollering. I knod at him. At the green I launch perfectly and immediately have to let up because he is spinning his one tire mercilessly. His 'retro' white wall high mileage single rear tire finally gets more grip than this monster V8 can spin and pulls even with me. I let him start pulling away slowly and his passenger is going nuts beatin on the dash screaming, whooping, absolutely ecstatic. I'm barely quarter throttle. Waiting...waiting... 100 ft till my lane ends.... my Holley 750 double pumper is opposite the passengers head.. then WHAM! I floor it secondaries slam open air flooding thru with a giant vacuum sound- left front of car lifting- tires barely holding traction- perfect 2nd gear shift with squeeling tires- I rocket around them like they where in reverse a scream of joy LITERALLY FROZEN on the passengers face -hand still midair- drivers head snaps over in shock and awe as my car pulls like the proverbial raped ape past and away from them. I was laughing so hard I could barely manage the 2-3 shift.

I slow down to way below speed limit but they wont get anywhere near me. They then pull a U-turn and head back into town with there tail firmly tucked between there knees. God I used to live for those moments.
...The next week I ordered a higher duration cam and tossed the Rhoad's bleeddown lifters so that the lope would scare guys like that away...
__________________________________________________ _______________________________________

Stationed on Whidbey Island, WA. Roger, a friend of mine is the local race instigator and race bookie. Guy could quite literally get a tortoise to race a hare, and make the tortoise think he was favored to win! A non-racing friend of ours had just bought the first LT1 4th gen camaro in town. Parkey's eyes lit the hell up when he saw him pull into the parking lot! He manages to convince him that his car is good for high 13's stock and my car is only a high 14 car. Gets this poor guy all convinced of his invulnerability to the point he wants to skip me and go after the '66 GTO and '68 Chevelle in our group (they were low 12 second cars, mine was mid 13's at time though those numbers were a secret. They were just 'the next faster group' than mine). He finally realizes he has to work his way up - or is it 'down'?- the pecking order so he agrees to our race first.

We normally don't openly race for money, but this guy will not shutup about how fast his STOCK camaro is so Roger takes his wager. I try to stop it, but the camaro guy is insistent that he wont lose so it doesnt matter.... Some people just don't get it... I have to put up with the most ignorant, loud, obnoxious jackass I've ever known for the next 30 minutes as the other cars run, with LT1 big mouth running his mouth like New Orleans induced diarrhea. I mean come on! This bonehead has never raced, or owned anything faster than a '91 Camry. I have to threaten him with bodily injury to get him to go away until race time. Guy knew every stat about his then revolutionary LT1 Z28 except the most important one: "Size 12 shoes will only fit into a fully open mouth".

We line up, scrub our tires and pull up to Roger who is flagging. As his arms come down I wait for the LT1 to take off first so he doesnt have any excuses. 2/10ths after Roger's arms came to a stop he finally leaves. Or should I say "attempts to leave"? He spins up his Goodyear GS-C's and is too amped to let up on the throttle. I shake my head and let up at half track.

We re-raced later that night after Roger took him aside and showed him how to launch properly. I beat him by a couple car lengths. Confused why it was that close I find out Roger put Track Bite on his tires. probably a side bet I was unaware of... <shaking head as I walk away>

The next week I ordered the MSD 6A, bigger 1 3/4 hooker headers, yet another cam & springs(10 diff cams I tried on that engine), single plane intake and traded for a set of fully ported 2.02 'camel hump' heads...
__________________________________________________ _________________________________________

My brother takes his IROC to Pacific Raceways (S.I.R. back then). Waiting for the tech guy to show up, he talks to two kids in a stock 300Z. They are really interested in his modded IROC until he tells them last time out it ran a 13.10. They look at each other smiling and ask "why so slow?"

Instead of answering that, he looks at him shrewdly and asks how fast he thinks his Z will run.

"It'll run mid to low 12's, these things are totally underrated by the factory."

"Stock they are a high 13 car. What makes you think yours will run 12's??" My brother asks.

The passenger pipes up his version of ignorance this time: "We marked off a 1/4mile and I used a stop watch to time him, should be pretty close. Those magazines were so biased against them when they tested them..."

Dumbfounded I walk off shaking my head. My brother sticks around and tries to talk sense into him, warning him his first time out you dont even look at time slips, learn the lights etc., and that he will probably run a 14 flat at best. The kids walk off on him mid sentence.

Passing tech we go our seperate ways, with the Newbs taking one of the very first stalls to park in. My brother saw his first pass; 14.4 seconds. When the kid returned to the pits, he drove right past his stall and parked out in the very back of the pits, making his friend carry there chairs and cooler to him. They left shortly afterwards.

...The next week I ordered yet another cam and upgraded to a 850 Holley just because...

infamouzlsx
07-11-2012, 09:00 AM
These kill stories just made my first hour off work go by a lot faster,

My second best kill story in my bolt on ls1 camaro
In my small town there is a lot of ricers and One who claims he is one of the fastest in town that drives a 90 Honda hatchback always revs up at everyone and tells people he beat me by bus lengths when we never even raced.one day we are at a locals car meet and he shows up running straight header in his nitrous gsr hatchback and on slicks he parks next to me and says let's run em and I said sure but I want everyone to watch that way you won't be able to say you beat me by buses. He laughs and I tell him to go to the spot in Mexico. When everyone gets there he has all his friends hold his car and he starts burning out for what seemed like 5 minutes lol then a friend starts spraying some spray on his lane for added grip. I was on some shitty street tires but since my camaro is a auto it wasent to hard to hook. We line up and he gets me by about half a car off the line by the time I hit about 120 I was about 2 cars ahead when we go back he just picks up his friends and takes off burning out needless to say he wasent very happy

wicked383lt1
07-11-2012, 12:32 PM
One of my best kills was at a car show when I was complimenting a fellow gear head and he ask what I drive. I pointed to my t/a and he said that I should get a real muscle car. He then said that his 71'nova with a 350,edelbrock intake,600cfm carb,and LT's made 475rwhp. I politely ask if he wanted to race and he agreed. We went out to the service road in front of the car show and his wife did the pinks all out arm drop. I put a bus on him by mid 3rd. So then he wanted a roll at 20mph. That was worst...I must of put a train on him. When we got back his car builder was there and said that I had a bottle hidden. I lifted the hood and to his surprise nothing was there. I reminded him that he got ripped off and that his car didnt make 475rwhp. I also told him I make 308/331.He tried to do a burnout before leaving and couldn't get the tires to spin. He face was priceless!

MillsMotorvation
07-11-2012, 05:10 PM
Best kill ever was in my 87Grandnational. I work on them for other friends, and they seen a few in my yard. They was affaird of a friend of mine called (Jock). I didnt tell them that jock wasnt that fast he was just a hell of a driver! Anyway this guy called jimmy calls me and say I want you to bring your Grandnational, not Jocks! I said ok. Well get to the spot he cant tell one from the other, and say it dont matter, Ill beat anyone you bring. He didnt know my car ran a second faster on 6lbs less boost than Jocks. He has a 81 malibu with a 400-421-434 who knows, when he test his car I see It pick the tire up in the street 6inches.He ask what I want to bet I say $300, he laugh, and say you aint got a $1,000, I get angry, and say make it $2000. Im a little concerned, my son says Dad you cant race him, thats a race car! I said we will see. I brought some VHT he complained, I said you can use some, but you got slicks, I got DRs! We line up, I get a fender on the leave, shift to 2nd, and pull half a car, he has a powerglide trans! he shifts, and start pulling all the way up to my door, and he smiling! I reach down, and turn boost up 3more lbs, and pulled 2 cars on him before the trap!

ZNix
07-11-2012, 07:57 PM
Best kill ever was in my 87Grandnational. I work on them for other friends, and they seen a few in my yard. They was affaird of a friend of mine called (Jock). I didnt tell them that jock wasnt that fast he was just a hell of a driver! Anyway this guy called jimmy calls me and say I want you to bring your Grandnational, not Jocks! I said ok. Well get to the spot he cant tell one from the other, and say it dont matter, Ill beat anyone you bring. He didnt know my car ran a second faster on 6lbs less boost than Jocks. He has a 81 malibu with a 400-421-434 who knows, when he test his car I see It pick the tire up in the street 6inches.He ask what I want to bet I say $300, he laugh, and say you aint got a $1,000, I get angry, and say make it $2000. Im a little concerned, my son says Dad you cant race him, thats a race car! I said we will see. I brought some VHT he complained, I said you can use some, but you got slicks, I got DRs! We line up, I get a fender on the leave, shift to 2nd, and pull half a car, he has a powerglide trans! he shifts, and start pulling all the way up to my door, and he smiling! I reach down, and turn boost up 3more lbs, and pulled 2 cars on him before the trap!

God damn, 2 grand? Ill have to start using this car to its potential! My best kill so far was a CL55 AMG from a roll. That was before I added boost :D.

Nix

ohioborn80
07-11-2012, 08:38 PM
Got few favorites. Most recent is a cocky GT500 owner. Guy was full of him self with his girl with him. After taking a crushing he was a little less friendly..LOL

wicked383lt1
07-11-2012, 09:36 PM
Got few favorites. Most recent is a cocky GT500 owner. Guy was full of him self with his girl with him. After taking a crushing he was a little less friendly..LOL

Isn't that the best feeling:)

enginjoe
07-11-2012, 10:00 PM
I was in the neon heading up to a light when with just about 75ft to go a mustang gt ('05 - '10 type) comes flying up from behind and cuts me off and takes the spot at the stop light right in front of me. I was thinking to myself oh no you didn't just do that. When the light turns green he squeals the tires and takes off fast. As soon as we clear the intersection and the other cars are behind, I pull to the left lane and put like 4 cars on him. I slow back down to the speed limit and he yells over what the heck is in that thing? I yelled back stock turbo and motor! He said something about it not being on stock boost and I admitted to that.

BadAzzStang
07-12-2012, 02:18 PM
Not really a kill but funny story. I'm in my 06 GT Vert. Looks/sounds stock SS 5th gen pulls up to me with some douchey guys in early 20's with red and blue blinking lights in the mail slot, comes flying up behind me. They ride me to the next light and then pull next to me with music blaring. They keep staring at me at the light. I have my top down so i can hear all their music. Light turns green and they leave quick but there are cars in front of us. I'm not a Mexico racer anymore (im 27, Mexico racing was when i was 16-18) so i let them go. They slow down purposely next to me and keep it in a low gear and keep punching it and letting off. At this time im getting annoyed. It would seriously dangerous to race with the amount of people on the road. I speed up to get over a lane to turn and i guess he decided that i was going for it. He punches it going about 90 in a 40. He didn't realize there was a undercover cop in a dodge avenger behind him and a couple of RT charger cops behind him. I think they made an example of him. They pulled him over in a busy parking lot lights and sirens still on. I noticed that they went to the front of his car pointing out his red and blue flashing lights. :corn:

good2go
07-12-2012, 03:49 PM
My best kill was at the dragstrip. Was paired up against a trailer ed Vega, 383, nitrous, high stall and trans brake powerglide, on big slicks and skinnies, open headers. We launch, he gets a 1.5, I get a 1.6, so I'm playing catchup. I took him by half a car , ran an 11.8 to his 12.0 BTW the track is at 5,300 elevation, the DA was over 7,000 feet, that's why the slow times.

IN MY FOUR DOOR CADILLAC!!

ohioborn80
07-12-2012, 04:45 PM
Isn't that the best feeling:)

Hell ya it is...know the girl is like its only a GT. You have a GT500 your suppose to be way faster...lol

wicked383lt1
07-13-2012, 09:48 AM
Not really a kill but funny story. I'm in my 06 GT Vert. Looks/sounds stock SS 5th gen pulls up to me with some douchey guys in early 20's with red and blue blinking lights in the mail slot, comes flying up behind me. They ride me to the next light and then pull next to me with music blaring. They keep staring at me at the light. I have my top down so i can hear all their music. Light turns green and they leave quick but there are cars in front of us. I'm not a Mexico racer anymore (im 27, Mexico racing was when i was 16-18) so i let them go. They slow down purposely next to me and keep it in a low gear and keep punching it and letting off. At this time im getting annoyed. It would seriously dangerous to race with the amount of people on the road. I speed up to get over a lane to turn and i guess he decided that i was going for it. He punches it going about 90 in a 40. He didn't realize there was a undercover cop in a dodge avenger behind him and a couple of RT charger cops behind him. I think they made an example of him. They pulled him over in a busy parking lot lights and sirens still on. I noticed that they went to the front of his car pointing out his red and blue flashing lights. :corn:

You started the story wrong...I think you got the cars mixed up! Lol

BadAzzStang
07-13-2012, 09:58 AM
You started the story wrong...I think you got the cars mixed up! Lol

got the cars mixed up?? what do you mean??

wicked383lt1
07-13-2012, 11:02 AM
got the cars mixed up?? what do you mean??

It was a joke about you being in a mustang posting here on ls1tech...relax homie!:corn::corn:

metalmilitia606
07-13-2012, 11:05 AM
I beat a metro once.

ohioborn80
07-13-2012, 11:07 AM
another one of my favorites.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U0wsEcmwgLo&list=UU_RznxzDo2u_OvzmPVnSYZA&index=4&feature=plcp

TransAmcoupe98
07-13-2012, 11:17 AM
^ haha yes!

BadAzzStang
07-13-2012, 01:38 PM
It was a joke about you being in a mustang posting here on ls1tech...relax homie!:corn::corn:

I was just making sure. LOL. i wasn't upset :corn: I wouldnt care what kind of car it was. I still would have laughed as i went by after he got pulled over.

Another one that came to mind is a 04 Mach 1 that called me out in my first 03 mustang. My 03 mustang was a v6 converted with a 4.6 SOHC gt motor. All it had was cold air and full exhaust with stock 3.27s. Good thing about this thing about that car is that it weighed 3180lbs with nothing taken out of it besides the front sway bar and spare tire. This was because it didn't have traction control, abs, power seats seats. Needless to say that car pulled him down the track.

85CamaroZ28
07-13-2012, 02:13 PM
My favorite one was against an S2000 owner. Wasn't THAT riced out but he had the pillar gauges that I dont think worked and some of those 10hp stickers. I was trying to get a newer M3 to race but it wouldn't bite so I went on. I guess they saw me trying to play and sped up. It's two younger guys maybe 19. The driver looks over and gives one of those smart ass better'n you looks and i said "what do you want?" He says "50 roll". No arguement there :) so I give him a thumbs up. His buddy in the passenger seat gets situated with the camera. I hold my car in 2nd and realize I can't hear the honks. I gave him the hit and he got maybe half a car and I left him I don't know how far back he was because I made sure I wound that baby out. No flyby for you. He wouldn't look at me and his buddy playing with the camera. Probably deleting the video lol

BadAzzStang
07-13-2012, 02:59 PM
My favorite one was against an S2000 owner. Wasn't THAT riced out but he had the pillar gauges that I dont think worked and some of those 10hp stickers. I was trying to get a newer M3 to race but it wouldn't bite so I went on. I guess they saw me trying to play and sped up. It's two younger guys maybe 19. The driver looks over and gives one of those smart ass better'n you looks and i said "what do you want?" He says "50 roll". No arguement there :) so I give him a thumbs up. His buddy in the passenger seat gets situated with the camera. I hold my car in 2nd and realize I can't hear the honks. I gave him the hit and he got maybe half a car and I left him I don't know how far back he was because I made sure I wound that baby out. No flyby for you. He wouldn't look at me and his buddy playing with the camera. Probably deleting the video lol

oh you know he was deleting that video. There is no way the s2000 lost in his mind. haha

PhantaZm
07-13-2012, 10:41 PM
2 Vipers on the same stretch of road in my old carb'd V8 Z. well on the 2nd one I was ahead when something went wrong in the fuel system and it got past me. So really 1.5 Viper kills lol

Rob98LS1
07-14-2012, 02:30 AM
I was trying to pass a slow moving, dusty ass Camaro and I guess he thought I was trying to race him.. I guess you could call it a kill.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&list=UUtyKXYSENBEhJIqtrw43Rbw&v=L9WcuPyF10s

so you found this video by chance assuming you didn't know the person filming? You must of had to punch it in order to get in front of him not knowing he was gonna go vin diesel on you like that. LOl nice vid.

MillsMotorvation
08-10-2012, 07:36 PM
Yeah, I love my GN its a great sleeper!! I got my 1981TTA with a 5.3 turbo running really well, and my GNs louder than it!

TheBlueKnight
08-10-2012, 08:00 PM
Some really good stories in here actually.

My favorite was when I just started college and my parents had given me their old 1994 Accord 5 speed manual (had about 190,000 miles). My brother had just bought a 1998 V6 firebird (i think 200hp?) automatic, all stock. We decided to line them up. I took out the entire interior of my car to gain an edge. I removed the passenger seat, rear seat, spare tire and jack, speakers, and a bunch of random interior carpet and cardboard. Even ran the tank almost completely empty (fuel light came on and the gauge was well dipped under the "E") and pulled the hood off. We weighed the hood and it was actually a good 45lb by itself. I even took out my air filter! We lined them up a couple times and raced from a dig and a few rolls til around 110mph and I kept edging him out by a car length! :jest: It's halarious to think of now envisioning my stock 94 Accord pulling away from his Firebird.

SS#1531
08-13-2012, 02:01 PM
My best single kill was over a cammed LS2 GTO on drag radials. As him and I were about to pull up to the burnout box I overheard a group of guys debating which car would be faster. They all picked the GTO. One of them made a point to tell me he would beat me. The GTO got out of the hole quicker, but I ran him down by the 1,000ft mark. I wish I could have seen the look on thier faces.

The best though was at the first Camaro5 fest. I was beating 5th gens for a couple hours on the drag strip, 5-6 runs, never loosing. Then I went over to the autcross and beat all the 5th gens in my time group. At the end of the session a guy came up to me and said "Damn, weren't you just whooping up on the 5th gens over on the strip, and now you're showing them up here too?"

oddwraith
08-13-2012, 02:28 PM

My favorite was when I just started college and my parents had given me their old 1994 Accord 5 speed manual (had about 190,000 miles). My brother had just bought a 1998 V6 firebird (i think 200hp?) automatic, all stock. We decided to line them up. I took out the entire interior of my car to gain an edge. I removed the passenger seat, rear seat, spare tire and jack, speakers, and a bunch of random interior carpet and cardboard. Even ran the tank almost completely empty (fuel light came on and the gauge was well dipped under the "E") and pulled the hood off. We weighed the hood and it was actually a good 45lb by itself. I even took out my air filter! We lined them up a couple times and raced from a dig and a few rolls til around 110mph and I kept edging him out by a car length! :jest: It's halarious to think of now envisioning my stock 94 Accord pulling away from his Firebird.
Lol I remember those accords, they weren't too bad really :). Now I know you are about two years older than me ;).
My best single kill was over a cammed LS2 GTO on drag radials. As him and I were about to pull up to the burnout box I overheard a group of guys debating which car would be faster. They all picked the GTO. One of them made a point to tell me he would beat me. The GTO got out of the hole quicker, but I ran him down by the 1,000ft mark. I wish I could have seen the look on thier faces.

The best though was at the first Camaro5 fest. I was beating 5th gens for a couple hours on the drag strip, 5-6 runs, never loosing. Then I went over to the autcross and beat all the 5th gens in my time group. At the end of the session a guy came up to me and said "Damn, weren't you just whooping up on the 5th gens over on the strip, and now you're showing them up here too?"
Priceless! I always said that it's amazing what an fbody can do on corners with a few select bits and pieces.

Bitemark46
08-13-2012, 04:21 PM
My best kill was against a fresh dozen of hot glazed Krispy Kreme donuts. It was a slaughter. I even felt bad after I destroyed them.

-Mark

oddwraith
08-13-2012, 04:45 PM
Never feel bad for the destruction you bring... they had it coming ;)

2SSARME
08-13-2012, 04:55 PM
best kill was on venezuelan vag

BigBirdLS1
08-13-2012, 05:28 PM
There are some hilarious stories in this thread. I've read all of them.

My favorite kill is when my 02 T-56 SS was full exhaust, 3.90 gears, and a lid. Oh and I forgot a 75 dry shot of nitrous. I was sitting at the local car hangout with some friends just BS'ing around when a buddy of a friend shows up in his Civic Hatch w/ H22 swap. It was a gutted car with fart can muffler, CAI and the best mod of all a 32 oz gatorade bottle as the coolant reservoir.

He pulls in and looks at me and my car and says $100 says "I'll smoke that SS of yours." I reply "what makes you say that" he says "this H22 swap is fast and I just beat a Corvette on the way here." My friend says well this Camaro is faster than that Vette is. He says NO WAY in hell that (he assumes stock) SS is faster than any Vette. I just tell him I'd love to take your money so lets run them. I let him pick the race of course a 40 roll to 110 is what he says. PERFECT!!! for me :devil:

We go out to the highway and honk it off well all he saw was tail lights I had an easy 4 cars on him. Both of us go back to the hang out spot. He says "I'm not paying because your isn't stock like you said" I just look at him and said "I never said it was stock you just assumed it was and I let you think that. BTW I told you I was faster than the Vette. He refused to pay and I haven't seen him or that car since. That was over 3 yrs ago too.

Sorry for the long read but I had to get all the details in. Hope you enjoy reading ALMOST as I did living it.

jc98ss
08-13-2012, 05:35 PM
i guess my most surprising kill was a brand new C6 Vette.....old man driving, revs as he passes on our way to a red light.....light turns green, he gets the jump, and i'm a car ahead by third.....the faster we got, i stopped pulling and just held steady.......i shutdown at about 90mph, he was almost two cars back.....i was fully expecting to get walked for some reason, and he had to have been pissed after spending 50-60K and getting drug by a 10K Camaro.....he flew by and stayed on it until he was out of sight.....LOL

next fav was a new 5.0 Mustang......he was behind me while getting on the on-ramp......as we got on to the interstate, he flies by.......when i saw the 5.0 on the side of his car, i took the bait and chased him, looking to get up beside him so i could honk it down.....but all he wanted to do was high speed shit......everytime i'd creep up almost to his back bumper, he'd just take off.....this happened three times in a row, i even flashed my lights trying to get him to slow down and do at least the speed limit, but he wouldn't line up......i fell back about a quarter of a mile, waiting for him to forget about me and return to a regular speed...... after a minute or two, i gunned it and came flying up behind him..... i was coasting up to his back bumper in neutral at about 85mph, and he guns it again.......this time i said f*ck it, i dropped it into 4th and slammed it......he got the hit, by mid way through 5th i was two cars ahead and running about 135-140 IIRC.....same deal as with the C6, when i shutdown, he flew by and kept going until out of sight........what's with these old people, LOL

odthetruth
08-13-2012, 06:42 PM

Reminds me of this:
http://www.rcramer.com/fun/econobox/

L-M-A-O

TheHitman
08-13-2012, 06:54 PM

Ain't that the truth. My best kill in that department was some hot czech vag.

No but really this is my best kill to date:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lJWxzkuwU4Y

I was on pump gas in the video.

k_garretson23
08-13-2012, 06:59 PM
my best kill story happens to result in a loss for me.

I was merging onto the highway with a friend of mine and as I was coming up the ramp I saw an 03-04 cobra going down the highway. I immediately gave chase. As I was coming up on him he slowed down and lined up. I dropped it down and so did he. He honked it off and we punch it, as soon as we come over a hill it was gridlocked. We went from 110-0 in half a second. Turns out there was a car fire about a half mile up that had blocked off traffic. So for about an hour my buddy and I bs'd with him and his buddy. Told him that my car was longtubes/ory/catback/lid (at the time) He said his was pullied exhaust. Traffic finally starts moving again and the highway was empty after the car fire. We line up and do a quick pull because his exit was coming up. He pulled me pretty good. I have run into the guy a few times since then real cool guy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YHr68UtAjrA&feature=plcp

jwatts
08-13-2012, 08:40 PM
A lot of good kills on here. I have a few from my first truck when I was 15. I got a 1966 Chevrolet long wheelbase with a stock 327 and TH400. I thought it was fast. Being my first truck I was pretty proud of it. At the time, mid nineties, the truck racing scene was pretty big in my area. It seemed like everyone that was racing was doing it in a pickup. Anyway, my favorite kill(s) were the result of a previous race where I was walked on by an embarrassing amount.

A friend and I were cruising the boulevard one night when this girl we went to school with rolls up in her dads new WS6 TA. Of course I had to call her out. I asked if she wanted to run em, and her dad leans up from the back seat and says sure, let me get in the driver's seat. At this point I am fully aware of the ass whipping that is about to ensue. I was 17 at the time. All that was running through my head is what can I do to wring every bit of power from this truck to narrow down the lead he was about to pull on me. We ended up at the last red light in town. This intersection was well used, and had some pretty bad ruts. I had raced here before and knew that You had to feather it past the ruts, then get on it then the road smoothed out. When the light turned green I lost all sense and put it to the floor. We left and my tach shot up. I had broken loose bad. All I could think about was how far that WS6 was pulling on me so I stayed in it. About that time I hear an awful shreaking, followed by some loud tapping sounds. My truck lost nearly all power and the WS6 killed me by, no joke, close to 1/8mi. We meet back up, talk, and try to diagnose my engine problem. The guy is pretty cool. Anyway, we parted ways and I went home.

The next morning I am laying in bed, and my phone rings. It's my dad wondering where I was and what the hell happened to my truck. The guy that was riding with me had gone up to the shop where we hung out on Saturdays and told my dad about the race before. I get up, get dressed, and rode up to the shop. When I got there they had my circle track car in the shop getting ready to pull the engine. My dad said if I wanted to race, then I may as well have something worth racing under the hood. It was a 355 built for a Pure Stock class. In the class you had to run certain casting number heads, cast intakes, Q-jets, and pull a certain vacuum at idle. It had more time in porting and polishing the heads and intake than should ever be put into a set of SBC smogger heads. It was pushing around 450fwhp, which for a 17 year old ridiculous. Anyway we snatched it out and put it into my truck. Turns out I had stacked a set of cam bearing in my 327, and somehow wiped a few lobes off the cam.

Now on to my favorite kill. Fast forward a few months. One of the guys that had a decently fast truck had just built a stroker motor for his 85 SWB and wanted to line them up. He wanted to run the quarter from 30mph, so we did. In my truck I would leave the TH400 in 1st, let it shift on the governor at 6200, and hit 3rd around the same rpm. We took off from 30, and I got into 2nd and pulled him by about 2 lengths. He held there and never gained or lost any ground. At the end of the 1/4 I back out, bump it into 3rd, and break the rear u-joint, in turn breaking the driveshaft on the old prop shaft mount on the frame, slinging the driveshaft into the highway. It wasn't pretty.

The next day I get a driveshaft built and install it. The guy I ran the night before tweaked on his truck all day. On the way to town I got pulled over for showing off and got a warning from the cop. The guy from the night before wanted to race as soon as I get to town. I let another guy drive my truck to avoid me getting a ticket. They ran from a dead stop, and again my truck pulled 2 lengths and held it to the end of the 1/4.

Those were probably my favorite kills just because they were consistently the same race. We used to have a blast racing back then.

96RedBirdBradley
08-14-2012, 01:08 AM
i guess my most surprising kill was a brand new C6 Vette.....old man driving, revs as he passes on our way to a red light.....light turns green, he gets the jump, and i'm a car ahead by third.....the faster we got, i stopped pulling and just held steady.......i shutdown at about 90mph, he was almost two cars back.....i was fully expecting to get walked for some reason, and he had to have been pissed after spending 50-60K and getting drug by a 10K Camaro.....he flew by and stayed on it until he was out of sight.....LOL

Old guys in stock Vettes always seem to think they're the shit, lol my friend's dad drives a stock C4 vert automatic and he thinks his car is crazy exclusive and fast.
My funniest race story wasn't even a race :p some guy in a beat up old Toyota pickup pulled up next to me, i had my girlfriend in the passenger seat and i was messing with the radio...apparently, he kept looking over at me and revving and shit. When the light turned he launched and my girlfriend started cracking up because i just rolled off the light casually :joecool:
and jwatts, thats a helluva dad haha

Josh Nickelsen
08-14-2012, 02:19 AM
I have 2 that were pretty fun. The first one was against about an 03 mustang GT. It was pretty late at night and I was heading home. Just happened to be going through the local cruise spot but I wasn't planning on even seeing anyone so I wasn't paying attention. Next thing I know the GT is right next to me and he keeps getting on it trying to get me to go. This area of the city is full of cops and I wasn't even close to going to mess around there. Luckily we didn't cause as we came over a bridge about 1/4 mile ahead, 2 cops were sitting in a parking lot talking. So we keep going and he is still pacing me. About another 1/2 mile up there is a cop at the stop light facing east and we are headed north. We have the green light and we go through the light. Guy is still pacing me and the cop goes through the red and starts following probably figuring we are going to race and didn't see him. Well of course we did so we keep going about another mile and he finally whips around and heads back. Finally we are out where no one is around on a 4 lane so he starts trying to get me to go. I finally tell him to go and he takes off. I immediately pull him in and put about 3 cars on him from about a 40 role to about 90 or so. He then trys again with the same outcome. I get to a turn around and he stops and asks if I was spraying. I laughed and said no but I do have nitrous on the car. I didn't even have the line hooked up. He asks for one more run and I say sure. This time from about 25 roll to well over 100 and I put about 5 cars on him. My car at the time had a cheatr cam, stock manifolds, 243 heads, ls6 intake, 3.73's and an old 3500 midwest stall with a cutout. Only opened the cutout on the last race so it was through stock muffler the other 2. Never asked what was done with his but it had dumped exhaust and sounded like it had cams but they weren't real choppy?

Other race was against a C6 vette that was cammed, headers and stalled. He followed me out of the race track and then fell way back on the interstate. After about 20 miles we get into some traffic and he catches up. My car at this time still had the above mods plus a way better stall and built trans and an slp dual dual. He started reving at me and taking off over and over but there was traffic so I could never get next to him. I had the nitrous ready but not on. I gave him a few short blasts to show him I wanted to play but it took about 5 more miles before it opened up. He was a bit ahead so I took off to catch up when the traffic opened up but he started to take off and not let me catch up. I was like wtf? Finally he stayed at about 75 and I got next to him. I flip the switch for the nitrous and I heard him take off and I hit it and was about at his back bumper. We went up till about 120 and I had pulled my front bumper to about even with his door. Then he started to get off and he rolled the window down and waved. I gave him a thumbs up and went home. Found out later it was the brother of a local forum member. The forum member was with him and said they couldn't believe my car was so fast cause it was so quiet.

My car now has a torquer 2 full exhaust so I am hoping to run into some more fun people to see how well my car does.

Ju1ce
08-14-2012, 10:41 AM
Bolt on Mach-1
/thread

odthetruth
08-14-2012, 01:45 PM
^ Oh lord. Automachs gonna come in and say how he's killed... EVERYTHING.

Sail Hatan
08-18-2012, 08:50 AM
my best was the first race I had when i bought this car. Bone stock except for a SLP lm1. I used to work late, so id head home around 1am. im driving down a looong road on the way home to get to the parkway, and a tool in a yellow turbo cobalt ss pulled along side and was revving and yelling lets go. i was reluctant, cause it sounded loud, and could or had mods. but he wouldnt stop so i figured why not. i held up 3 fingers for three honks, dropped to second, beeped three times, and he jumped on me by a half car, but it took maybe 2 seconds to reel him in and leave him. I was so proud! dude drove by and flipped me off, dont understand why he couldnt be cool about it.

raymond mckinney
08-18-2012, 09:30 AM
I raced so many cars over the years in so many different cars they all have there little memories that make me keep building and racing.

87DodgeD150
08-18-2012, 11:12 AM
My best kill happened a few years ago.
I just purchased a 2000 audi s4. Black, lowered with some 18"s on it. Nice little car for the price. 7800 bucks.
Anyway, I went out that weekend to the closed course with professional drivers meet.
The audi was a APR stage 1. Stainless catted dps. mtm exhaust and a homemade intake.
Little car would roll out alright. *surely not even remotely fast as my fbody* Oh yeah and I badged it. Most people think audi just makes a4's and r8's. We all meet up and are sitting around bsing. People start racing and so on. This kid in this blacked out v6 mustang starts talking crap because he had a mustang of course. He continued to tell me how he was going to dominate my A4 and wanted to race. He never asked what was done to my car or if it even was an a4.
So we line up. He does his 1 wheel peel burnout and pulls up next to me asking if I wanted to do a burnout. I just told him no it wouldnt make any difference either way.
*awd car....*
Someone flags us and I drop the clutch at about 3k and blast out of the hole and pull 6-8 car lenghts on him before 600' and he just gives up.
I turn around and come back and he says "Thats not fair, I didnt know your car was an S4 I thought I was going to rape you."

I have no hatred toward mustangs at all. But kids like this make other mustang owners look bad.