Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Altitude re-tune?

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2012, 09:06 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Altitude re-tune?

New to this forum. I am pretty sure I'm about to pull the trigger on a V1, it's from CO. I live in MO and I've done some searching, and what I came across on here about needing a re-tune for the altitude difference. All I came across was some people saying yes a tune is good, but not required, that I don't need it and MAP will adjust after awhile, that I will definitely need one. And it sounds like it will be putting down more power where I live.. So that's cool. Is that true? Anyone had an altitude change and a tune, or not tuned it?

Thanks in advance for any advice!

Also, anyone know of any events coming up? I've been into cars for a long time, had an ol' 79' Z-28 for awhile, sold it and got a bike and a little truck, now hopefully this. But not a lot goes on in this hick town I live in (nothing against hicks, just nothing happens) so I figured I'd be up for a road trip if I get this thing.

(Sorry if this is in the wrong section, again, new here. Just saw it said LS1 and LS6)
Old 07-10-2012, 09:36 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm no expert....But why would you have to re-tune for Altitude? If that was the case, any modern car which moved from state to state would have issues.

Thats the beauty of modern EFI engines right? All those nifty sensors to tell the computer if its hot or cold outside, running lean or rich etc....
Old 07-10-2012, 10:54 PM
Staging Lane

Really I'm not sure.. The guy asked what the elevation here was, and said it maybe could use a re-tune.. I'm no expert either. Haha
Old 07-11-2012, 01:25 PM
On The Tree

A retune is probably a good idea. Having lived in CO and moved to FL after, I can tell you there is a lot less air in CO than in FL, you will probably need 10% more fuel everywhere...this is if SD.

If it's a MAF tune I wouldnt' worry about it
Old 07-11-2012, 01:53 PM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

retune, hell why not??