General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

LS conversion 4L60e question re TCC switch

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2012, 08:46 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LS conversion 4L60e question re TCC switch

Hey guys...I'm looking for a little 4L60e help. This is on my LS1/4L60e conversion out of a 2000 Camaro into my '72 Vette. I'm having a little issue with my transmission that I can't quite figure out. Since the cars been running/driving I've put about 25 miles on it (it's first miles on used engine and trans combo...which sat for years prior. The trans did look great inside upon filter change thought). Anyway, here's what's going on:

I changed the filter and put new fluid in...3 qts...checked it with it running in park and added 3 additional qts. Drove the car last night and checked again and it still shows full while running so I don't that that is the issue. P, R, and N are all correct in regards to where they fall shifter wise, so I don't think a shifter adjustment is the issue. I can put the shifter in OD and drive it; slugish starting but smooths out and runs fine at speed. Pull it down into D and no downshift. Pull it down into 2nd from there and it down shifts. Pull it down into 1st and it doesn't downshift. If I start in 1st it pulls good. Shift to 2nd and no upshift. Shift to D and it shifts. Shift to OD and no upshift. Bump it into N from there and it indeed goes into nuetral. Seems to me like I have 2nd and D but no other forward gears. The trans and engine sat for several years...could it be stuck solenoid's? Bad relay's?

I also need to include that the OBD port is not completely hooked-up. I know the check engine light has not been wired-in because my guy forgot it when he hooked everything else up. I think the rest of it is completely wired in, but not 100% sure.

After researching I'm feeling pretty certian that the trans is in a "Limp mode" and thus the issues. I just wired in the TCC brake-light switch last night with the hopes that it would be the quick fix, since I originally left it out. I was almost certian that this would be the culprit but after putting it in I'm still getting the same issues. My thoughts are that the trans is still not getting a signal from the computer, but I just don't know for sure. Any thoughts?

Quick Reply: LS conversion 4L60e question re TCC switch