LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Quarter mile times??????

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2012, 10:36 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Quarter mile times??????

I just recently purchases a built lt1 for my 94 trans am it came with stage 2 comp cam, lsx intake, lt4 heads benched and flow to ls6 heads, ls6 springs, hardened bearings

Also included
New opti distributor
New coil
New ignition module
New spark plugs
New alternator
New water pump

Reminder I'm not tune for the cam, also stock 2.73 in the rear just curious anybody know any 1/4 mile times of this setup??????????
Old 07-11-2012, 10:45 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Lies. Ever owned an lt1 car before?
Staging Lane

Lsx intake?
TECH Veteran

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by leatherfacelt1
I just recently purchases a built lt1 for my 94 trans am it came with stage 2 comp cam, lsx intake, lt4 heads benched and flow to ls6 heads, ls6 springs, hardened bearings

Also included
New opti distributor
New coil
New ignition module
New spark plugs
New alternator
New water pump

Reminder I'm not tune for the cam, also stock 2.73 in the rear just curious anybody know any 1/4 mile times of this setup??????????
You must be trolling.
Old 07-11-2012, 10:46 AM
Staging Lane

Need to know elevation aswell
Old 07-11-2012, 11:04 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Tell us more of this "stage 2 comp cam" and lsx intake.....sounds like an interesting setup.
Old 07-11-2012, 11:25 AM
TECH Apprentice

Dont forget the lsx heads!

Im gonna play it safe and say 3.70's @ 350mph in the 1/4.
Old 07-11-2012, 12:18 PM
TECH Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I am going with a 16.5 @89 MPH
Old 07-11-2012, 12:47 PM
On The Tree

I'm guessing he means lsx lid/air boxs um 13.0 @ 105
Old 07-11-2012, 01:12 PM
TECH Addict

OP your car is now likely slower than stock until you get this hybrid LT1/LS Frankenstein motor tuned for the mods. 2.73's and stock stall sounds like a horrible car to drive with that "stage 2 cam".....get it tuned and get a stall and 3.42 or 3.73 gears or your interesting choice of mods isn't going to do any good at all as far as making the car faster. Let me guess, stock injectors too?
Old 07-11-2012, 01:14 PM

Thank you turtle93 all the rest of the smart funny guys comments god bless I thought this was a group forum help one other out but people are who they are lmao..... god blessed:-)
Old 07-11-2012, 01:29 PM
TECH Addict

Thank you turtle93 all the rest of the smart funny guys comments god bless I thought this was a group forum help one other out but people are who they are lmao..... god blessed:-)
LOL....everyone is here to help but you have provided exactly 0 useful information to provide any relevant feedback on your setup as far as quarter mile ET's. Expect plenty of smart *** responses here with such an open ended question with such few details provided on your setup.
Old 07-11-2012, 01:34 PM

Right ok I got it ******** with benefits if someone don't know you help and teach not make fun of and joke haha losers......;-)
Old 07-11-2012, 02:00 PM
TECH Addict

Right ok I got it ******** with benefits if someone don't know you help and teach not make fun of and joke haha losers......;-)
WTF are you rambling incoherently about now? "******** with benefits" wrong forum dude
Old 07-11-2012, 02:12 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

The problem you have is you have said a bunch of stuff that doesnt add up or make sense and I mean that with no disrespect. No one knows what a stage 2 comp cam is because well there is no such thing. Comp makes cams in many different profiles and configurations and usually are associated with a number like 502, 503, 306 ect each will preform pretty differently. The other thing is that while you can use an ls1 air box you can not mate an lsx intake manifold to lt1 or lt4 heads.

I am guessing you got all this information from the prior owner and he or she might have exaggerated the car to sale it. Lets hope they just didn't articulate them selves very well.
Old 07-11-2012, 02:22 PM
TECH Addict

Received 77 Likes on 56 Posts

the part where we teach you something is gone since you bought a LT1 engine off someone who claims it has LSX parts lol.

You shouldve made a post about it first. Then we wouldve told you to run away from the retard selling it.

Good luck with it, hope its not stock.

Maybe dude will take it back and give you back your money. Sounds like a waste of time to me. You need to rip it apart now, take lots of pics, and get lots of part numbers, then we can help you.

These guys may respond harshly because well, trolling has happened befor, and you clearly dont know much about these cars (cold hard truth). You got taken for a ride by the seller if what you typed was accurate as to what he told you.

Its not entirely your fault, ALOT of people dont know much about these cars and motors. Ive seen it go both ways, I think one guy purchased a LT5 engine for dirt cheap because the guy had no clue what it was, Ive also seen people pay way to much for LT1 engines because they are told they are something else. Then you get people who truely and entirely beleive that they have LSx parts on a LT1 engine, when it isnt physically possible to do what they have said, like having a LSx intake on Lt4 heads. The seller may have truely beleived that he had a LSx intake on lt4 heads because he just plain didnt know any better. Its a viscous cycle and morons dont help the issue.

Maybe you bought a LSX and dont even know it? And since its posted in this section everyone thinks your BS'ing. Ive seen weirder things happen. Your parts information is conflicting to the point where what you say to own is not possible.

The best thing you can do at this point to learn something and get help from this forum is to post pictures.

Last edited by trilkb; 07-11-2012 at 02:32 PM.
Old 07-11-2012, 02:24 PM
11 Second Club

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Also included
New opti distributor
New coil
New ignition module
New spark plugs
New alternator
New water pump

The "mod list" you offered is so bad that most are assuming it is a joke.

But let's say it is honestly what you were told.
"stage 2 cam" means nothing, there is no such thing and if it is say the second from smallest in Comp's line then we would still have to ask which line of cams because Comp has many be it magnum XFI etc.

An LS intake wont fit an LT1 maybe as someone already said you meant LS1 lid in the intake tract which is a good mod.

"LT4 heads benched to flow LS6" that is also kind of meaningless porting heads can make them great or ruin them or anything in between, if trying to make them like LS6 heads was the benchmark set I would seriously question the validity of the work done.

stock LS6 springs are unlikely to control an aftermarket LT1 cam, the LT1's smaller base circle and lower rocker ratio to achieve the same lift makes it harder to control the valves though the LT4 valves are light which would help.

I don't even know what to say about "hardened bearings" I know they make different style bearings for different purposes and rod types, and some are harder than others but "hardened bearings" is a new one by me.

As said stock stall and stock gears are enormous mistakes as is untuned, it should not even be run untuned much less driven or raced.
Old 07-11-2012, 02:25 PM

@adam 1203 I respect your comment that's what I was getting at if I got hustle or giving the wrong information about something let me know not sit up here make ******* comments saying this saying because people forget one thing they wasn't always a lt1 expert in the beginning theresleves educate if you have the knowledge.....
Old 07-11-2012, 02:50 PM
On The Tree

If you could actually find the part numbers/take pictures it would help to know what you really have
Old 07-11-2012, 02:59 PM

Ard cool..

Quick Reply: Quarter mile times??????