Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

o2 Sensors suck

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2004, 11:02 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default o2 Sensors suck

I am getting a o2 sensor problem code, its bank 2 sensor 2, and its a high voltage reading so i guess its running rich for whatever reason, or could it be a faulty sensor? I havent done anything to the car recently except for the throttle body coolant bypass and K&N air filter so im kinda puzzled. I use 93 octane gas from shell, and i havnt yet had time to monitor my gas milage but other than that it seems to be running good. What would be the easiest way to solve this problem? how much a bitch is it to really get at this sensor? I just wana get ridda this annoyance, thanks a lot guys.
Old 04-02-2004, 02:51 PM
Teching In

any ideas?
Old 04-02-2004, 03:02 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thats your passenger side rear 02, Post Cat. This just verifies that your cat is working.. so there is probaly a problem with the cat on the passenger side. It should not have much effect on your performance nor gas mileage.
Old 04-03-2004, 11:29 AM
TECH Apprentice

mm...no...there are special 'bad cat' codes it would throw if it determined the cat to be faulty. I would continue to suspect that rear pass side O2. Test your O2 sensor to verify it's working