Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

window seal?

Old 04-02-2004, 12:01 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default window seal?

Damnit,
I've always had a few drops that occasionally came through the drivers sdie window seal at the top, but daoy I went out to my car and there must have been about 20 drops on the drivers seat edge. Is there a quick fix for the rubber seal? Does it just need to be replaced? It seems like its coming in where the seam in the seal is at the top front corner of the window where it meets the t-top.
Old 04-02-2004, 12:44 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The area you are describing and the amount of water is a classic symptom of the rain channel being pinched. When you get a chance take the tops off for a few hours to let the rubber expand. When you put the top back on, make sure you place the center edge on first (center of the car) and swing the top down like it is a door on a hinge. Never, ever slide the top in.

Try that and see if it works. I have seen many T top leaks stopped by using this method.
Old 04-02-2004, 02:42 PM
Copy & Paste Moderator

Received 187 Likes on 141 Posts

Thats how I put on my T-Tops and I still get a couple drops in heavy rain. In my case though, I think its a defect in the rubber. There appears to be a pourous spot that may be letting watter by.

--VIP1

Search this Thread