Sponsored by:

Corvette z06 problem.....

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2012, 02:27 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Corvette z06 problem.....

Hi everybody,

To make a short story, 01 z06 corvette intake was exploded cause of nitrous backfired (big hole on the back of the intake...and MAF, air box exploded....My friend was buying a used intake manifold (from 02 camaro ls1) and buying a brand new MAP sensor and taking the MAF from his 2004 corvette.

After installing everything, We see the same 2 engine code :
101 et 106

The car not able to idle.....some black smoke on the rear....and not able to run with!!!!!

Have you some idea.....I really need some help..thanks!!!

Stephane
Old 07-12-2012, 03:21 PM
Launching!

P0101 is MAF code and usually comes up for a failing sensor or a wiring issue but it can also be a leak
P0105 is MAP sensor electrical or fault issue

Since you are getting these codes in conjunction it would lead me to believe you have a leak somewhere past the MAF which is causing it not to have good vacuum

I would check all hoses and make sure there are no leaks anywhere around the intake manifold
Old 07-17-2012, 09:01 PM
Teching In

Since you are getting these codes in conjunction it would lead me to believe you have a leak somewhere past the MAF which is causing it not to have good vacuum

I would check all hoses and make sure there are no leaks anywhere around the intake manifold[/QUOTE]

we seen othesr problems with the corvette....my friend said : when the engine is idleing....or partial throttle..the car...goes really bad...black smoke.....the rear exhaaust spit some black things....all engine light waring is lite......

The computer said..lost engine power.....When the diablosport tuner is plug into the computer....even when the key is on....the diablosport is not able to read the ''ON'' keys....

Diablo tuner said : disconnect the hand tuner immediatly....

One other thing : when we drive the car at full throttle.....the car goes really well.....no engine power loss....not warning light.....we are not able to see if we get any black smoke....because the tire..spin too much..and it's a total smoke show....

Is that possible to have fuel injector problem...cause by the backfire when the intake and everything explode ???

I really dont know what to do..my last resort will be to go at the GM dealer and plug the car on their computer !!!!

A desperate guy!!!!

stephane

PS. We where looking for some ''vacuum Leak'' and nothing..everything is well sealed......no loss of vacuum anywhere...
Old 07-17-2012, 09:03 PM
Teching In

Forgot to tell...we where trying 2 different throttle body and maf sensor.....one from his 2004 corvette...and one from his 01 Z06 corvette...no change at all...with both parts....!!!!
Old 07-17-2012, 09:39 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sounds real familar, my Camaro had that happen to it a few years ago (2003) when I was going to run some nitrous, blew back of my intake out, bent the throttle body blades and bottom of intake and when I replaced the intake, throttlebody and mass air on the car, started it up and did same thing and ticked, then pulled the heads off the car and seen a few of the pistons where cracked and sleeves in a few of the walls where also, hope you are luckier than me on that but may want to think about it, just from my personal experience from the past.
Old 07-17-2012, 09:42 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Evans752
Sounds real familar, my Camaro had that happen to it a few years ago (2003) when I was going to run some nitrous, blew back of my intake out, bent the throttle body blades and bottom of intake and when I replaced the intake, throttlebody and mass air on the car, started it up and did same thing and ticked, then pulled the heads off the car and seen a few of the pistons where cracked and sleeves in a few of the walls where also, hope you are luckier than me on that but may want to think about it, just from my personal experience from the past.

I really hope...if someone other idea of what can be my problem..........ouff...I prey!!!!

Quick Reply: Corvette z06 problem.....