Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

A few fun kills from the past week..

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2012, 03:28 AM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default A few fun kills from the past week..

Figured I'd share, sorry no videos but I'll try to get some next time.

My camaro has slp lid and maf with a cutout right before it goes over the rear and adjusted shift firmness. 3.23 gears. Car had been running like crap last week so I took out the old k&n filter and put a 46144 wix filter and sprayed the hell out of my maf with cleaner(helped a lot).

First race was a m5 fox body with full exhaust heads and small cam, do not know exact specs. 40 roll with him getting on it with his taillights at my headlights (played catch up for a sec) had about 1.5 cars plus the one I had to make up, by 110.

Second was a random 94-98 mustang gt that got on it after a stoplight, had atleast exhaust. Got him by about 3 cars and he waved when I turned off, always nice to see someone just wanting to have fun.

Third race was a newer gmc regular cab pickup, very sharp truck. Ls9 Block with a comp cam and patriot heads/headers. Don't know exact specs but will soon be boosted. Suspension mods. I had a passenger and groceries (lol), he also had a passenger. 20 roll and it was dead even then I got about a car then shut down at I believe 100. Then a 60-70 roll and I got about car again. I later rode in that truck and even tho my car outran it that thing is badass lol.

98 or 99 trans am. 6.0 iron block with 317 heads and manifolds. Ls1 intake with exhaust. Small cam, doesn't know size but defiantly had a lope. He didn't have a Passenger and I had my girlfriend and groceries. I didnt want her to be in the car but I wasn't about to leave her with those other guys while I raced lol. We did a 20 roll and I honked it. We were almost dead even but I think he may have had an inch or two, literally. At about 110 I jumped a half fender out front and we let off at 130. Closest race I've ever had.

Im hoping to run into him again this weekend sometime, by then I'll do the girlfriend delete mod and possibly take out the back seats. Should be around 140-150 lbs lighter, hope it makes a difference.

And then tonight after work and rinsing the car off.. Which was around 1am. Also happens to be my 21st birthday. I saw a pewter t/a pull out of Rhodes and get in the turn lane headed towards the highway. So I followed and noticed exhaust and wheels that made me realize It was a guy my friend knows that just bought the car. I knew it was stock except exhaust so I figured I'd try to get him to play so Id know where I stood against an exhaust ls1. He let me know he'd play by getting on it so I pursued and did a gay ricer flyby to get In to the right lane (my favorite side) and backed down and he got beside me as I backed down to about 50, gave a rev so I honked it. Jumped about a half car and then walked to about a car and a half or two. Then he turned off. Very good way to start my birthday to say the least..

Now there's gonna be a car that murders me this week. Lol I got it coming
Old 07-14-2012, 03:56 AM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

sound like good runs
Old 07-14-2012, 12:02 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thank you sir!

Quick Reply: A few fun kills from the past week..