LS4 Performance Grand Prix GXP | Monte Carlo SS | Impala SS | LaCrosse Super

Vector MS Heat Soak Reduction Kt

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2012, 05:26 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Vector MS Heat Soak Reduction Kt

Hey everyone I'm wondering what everyones input is the Vector MS Heat Soak Reduction Kt for our LS4?

Is it worth it on our cars and will I see an improvement with the engine?

I'm also looking into getting a Power Aid TBS and wondering if its a benefit on our Ls4s also. I one on my 04 GTP Comp G and did notice it kept the throttle body cooler since it seperated it from the intake/super charger and also gave me some more throttle response.

I'll be buying both parts off a forum member at a discount so I wont be paying full retail.

Any info would help

Thanks,
Dave
Old 07-14-2012, 11:42 PM
TECH Addict

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

TBS is a serious waste of money on any car with port fuel injections (ours).

Some folks have claimed to feel a difference, but no one has ever proven the results on the dyno.

I can offer some firsthand experience: We just put a 78MM plate nitrous system on my Camaro. This is basically a throttle-body spacer with nitrous jets. When we re-dyno'd the car without the nitrous on, it made within 1 HP of a previous dyno pull.

Unless you're getting the TBS for $10 or something, IMHO, it's just not worth anything.
Old 07-15-2012, 04:20 AM
On The Tree

I had read iirc on gmls4 somewhere that tbs on stock LS4 manifold did make a difference because of that oil thing that protrudes in the opening of the manifold itself I will go look for that forum

https://ls1tech.com/forums/ls4-perfo...r-verdict.html

Last edited by Aaron Arceneaux; 07-15-2012 at 04:22 AM. Reason: found the forum!!
Old 07-15-2012, 09:14 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

I have the IAT relocate kit on my car... it works well and makes a difference.... TBS as mentioned above, is a waste....

2014 Camaro 2SS/RS - LS3, 6-speed manual, short-throw performance shifter, NPP dual-mode performance exhaust, 1LE front splitter, ZL1 rockers, Z28 Rear Spoiler, all paint-matched Red Rock Metallic, BMR strut tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake, Apex Motorsports, Inc. catch-can, Custom DiabLew Tune
www.diablewtune.com -- www.diablocustomtune.com -- www.diablocustomtunegm.com
Old 07-15-2012, 11:16 AM
TECH Enthusiast

MSD has an IAT sensor for $20 something. Requires a lil electrical work. (just have to cut and splice the wiring harness) if you really wanta do it on the cheap, I think you can get just the sensor for $5.
Old 07-31-2012, 11:27 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 06MonteSS
I have the IAT relocate kit on my car... it works well and makes a difference.... TBS as mentioned above, is a waste....
Can we get a pic where you installed yours. Thanks Lew
Old 07-31-2012, 12:00 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by LS1 Racing

I can offer some firsthand experience: We just put a 78MM plate nitrous system on my Camaro. This is basically a throttle-body spacer with nitrous jets. When we re-dyno'd the car without the nitrous on, it made within 1 HP of a previous dyno pull.

Unless you're getting the TBS for $10 or something, IMHO, it's just not worth anything.

First hand experience is hard to debate

I have always thought the TBS, not just our engines either, are poop.

Quick Reply: Vector MS Heat Soak Reduction Kt