General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Ok, A few problems, need help!

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2012, 06:29 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ok, A few problems, need help!

Well, my left headlight randomly stopped coming up one night. I turned the car off a second, turned it back on and it just didn't come up. No buzzing sound, or any noise of any kind. Doesn't sound like the motor is trying to push it up but cant, so maybe it's something electrical? Not sure how to approach this, I've never been good with anything electronic.

Also, randomly my turn signals stopped working, the dash indincators and also the actual signals outside the car. Just hopped in the car and they didn't work. The hazards still go off. Being 6'2, my knee might've knocked into the turn signal lever and messed something up, but I can't remember.. I'll check the fuse, if there is one for just the turn signals..?

Also, driver side window is stuck up. This window has always sounded louder than the passenger side window, and it's also a little bit faster. One day, when I was putting it down, it started making a clunking sound as it was going down. I stopped it halfway, put it up, and tried again, then it didn't go down and made a loud ERRRRRRRRR sound. So is the window off the track or is the window motor shot?

Also, my rear end now whines when I make a sharp turn, like a u-turn. I'm guessing it's on its way out, any tips to prolong the life of it?

Also, my fans haven't turned on since the day I got the car. So the engine temps get up to around 210-215 if I sit with it running for a while. They drop while driving over 25-30ish mph. This really bothers me, someone said replace my t-stat, but wouldn't the temp gauge in the dash not work if that was the problem? Do yall think it's the t-stat?

Last thing, there's a squeak noise that comes about 50-75% of the time when I start the car for the first time in the day. It gets faster and more common with rpm, and I think it's the belt/pully all the way on the bottom. It's a random squeak, not constant, but say at 1500 rpm it'll go squeak...squeaksqueak........squeak.. But around 2200 it's more like squeaksqueaksqueak..squeaksqueak... So my real question is is it the belt or pulley?

Thanks for the help in advance. I am planning on doing this work myself, so any info on installs, parts and prices would be great, also where I could get them from.

P.S. Pardon my simply questions, just have no one else to ask, I know it's probably common simple stuff but I'm only 18 with nobody knowledgable about cars around me.. Thanks
Old 07-15-2012, 11:22 AM
TECH Enthusiast

No one? These are pretty simple problems, just looking for a little advice..
Old 07-16-2012, 02:43 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Well thanks anyways.
Old 07-16-2012, 03:23 AM
TECH Apprentice

I'll try,

Headlight maybe froze?

Signals maybe a bad bulb?

Windows suck lol

Maybe a bad fuse or relay on the fans

Belt prob shitty

And change the rear end fluid
Old 07-16-2012, 06:02 AM
Teching In

I had similar rearend problem, only when I turned right though. It turned out a had a bad axle, it was pitted where the axle bearing rides. Bought a used axle and was good to go.
Old 07-16-2012, 11:43 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Thanks for the help guys

It can't be a bad bulb, it's the dash indincator and the outside lights, unless they all went out at the same time...

And yes they do lol

Ok I'll look into the fuse/relay problem

Ok I figured either one or the other, any tips on how to pinpoint exactly which one it is? It's kinda hard, I know it's one of the lower ones but can't figure out which one exactly.

And ok I'll change the fluid, but it seems like it's going to become a problem.

Maybe an axle? I know for sure it does it when I turn left, I'll do a sharp right turn today. Another new whine sound started comming from the bottom of the car. Everytime the rpm gets around 1650-1800 while accelerating, a whine will come and go, 1st second and third gear, I don't know about 4th.
Old 07-19-2012, 02:34 AM
TECH Addict

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Use the search button.

The turn signal problem is the flasher module
The headlight motor went out
The window motor probably got loose and is making that noise. You should be able to take the door panel off and see the motor and tighten the screws on it
Your rear end has a bad axle. I would recommend finding a used rear end local to you and swapping the old one out
Old 07-26-2012, 06:55 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Thanks but I did. The turn signal is not the flasher, when I put on the brakes and try to put on the left signal the right tail light goes out and vice versa, I was told its probably wiring.
The headlight motor does work, because when I manually raise it, and turn the lights off, the right will go down, then I'll turn the lights back on and the left goes down and the right comes up, then I'll turn the lights off again and the right goes down.

Also, I've been told that the regulator went out, but now it makes no sound at all

And with regular city driving with no dig pulls, should my rear last a while or will it eat itself to death?