Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

G-body mounts ???

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2012, 12:40 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default G-body mounts ???

MY 5.3 W/MY 200R TRANS ...what engine mounts will be best & what flex plate sense my engine didnt come with 1 ? my car has a 3,8 v6 can i use the frame mounts or i am going 2 have 2 change them ?
Old 07-15-2012, 03:15 AM
TECH Apprentice

Carshop 1in setback plates, stock curved 5.3 flexplate with crank spacer. You'll need sbc clamshell mounts and v8 perches.

I have a spare 5.3 flexplate I would sell if you need it.

Also in a PM you asked which accessories will work .. truck accessories fit great in a G body as long as you have 1in setback plates to clear the ps pulley/ps box. I'm even running a truck fan and clutch with the stock v8 rad and fan shroud. Fits perfect.
Old 07-15-2012, 10:26 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by superbean
Carshop 1in setback plates, stock curved 5.3 flexplate with crank spacer. You'll need sbc clamshell mounts and v8 perches.

I have a spare 5.3 flexplate I would sell if you need it.

Also in a PM you asked which accessories will work .. truck accessories fit great in a G body as long as you have 1in setback plates to clear the ps pulley/ps box. I'm even running a truck fan and clutch with the stock v8 rad and fan shroud. Fits perfect.
THANKS A LOT 4 THE INFO ! WHERE CAN I GET the carshop plates..? i might get that flexplate from u.but i heard they make 1 w/spacer on it ? do u have pics of your set-up ? BTW ..what oil pan did u use ?