Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Meth and twin 4.5" intercoolers?

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2012, 03:50 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Unhappy Meth and twin 4.5" intercoolers?

Basically I have an alky control meth kit from Julio,(for its safety properties) which I am using on my D1SC build, from Bob at brute speed, with 4.5" intercoolers. Have any of you guys done this, if so, Where did you put the nozzle? I don't have the luxury of a yard of pipe to fit everything in as with a FMIC and there isn't a lot of space.

There isn't any metal tubing here with the pro charger kit so I have fitted it to the flexible reducer pipe between the MAF and the TB, which I thought would be ok for 50%-50% water meth, but I have now decided to run 100% Meth and don't really want it fixed to rubber, so need a metal sleeve or something.

The distance between the plastic procharger Y plenum and the TB is maybe 8" max, in this space the pipework has to drop 1.5" from plenum level to intake level and incorporate the MAF. Has anyone come up with a suitable, durable solution? There doesn't seem to be a lot of space to atomise the meth really well and miss squirting all over the MAF elements at the same time. I guess under boost it may not be an issue.

Also has anyone moved their IAT sensor to after the meth nozzle as a safe guard, as some people have suggested, should the meth fail, so that the ecm can adjust and hopefully save the motor? If so how do you get all this in the 8" available without issues?

My ECM is due back from Steve at Frost this week so could do with some ideas before it all comes together at the weekend.

Stock block, LS6 intake, Walbro pump, 60lb injectors. 1 7/8" Kooks long tubes, catted Y, magnaflow cat back. D1SC (helical) 8 rib, ATI balancer. Twin 4.5" intercoolers. Black plenum. Alky control, SFCs

Loads to do and many dollars to spend.......

Procharging the UK

Last edited by Quinncamaro; 07-15-2012 at 04:17 PM.
Old 07-15-2012, 06:48 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Most of us have the IAT sensor after the meth nozzels, so the PCM can see the temp changes, and yes this allows an element of safety to be incorperated into the tune, should meth fail to spray.

If you have no room at all, maybe a nitrous plate could be used to spray meth , but then you would have to fit a screw in IAT sensor in the manifold.

You could just loose the MAF, go SD tune , and put a piece of tubing in its place to accomodate meth jets and IAT sensor.
Old 07-15-2012, 07:50 PM
On The Tree

what he said....go get a speed density tune

Quick Reply: Meth and twin 4.5" intercoolers?