Multimedia Exchange Videos | Sound Clips | Photos | Photoshop

Just got my TSP ORY! Merge pic inside. Documentating my install process.

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2012, 06:16 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Just got my TSP ORY! Merge pic inside. Documentating my install process.

Didn't find any good pics online of the inside of the merge so i decided to snap a pic.

Sorry for the cellphone pics.

FINAL UPDATE:

To sum up the TSP ORY, it is nice quality, but the way it fits is ****, and the clamps they send with it are garbage. IMO, to be able to get the ORY on properly and effectively you NEED to consider taking it to get welded. If you don't mind grinding your passanger side header or getting it welded together then i def recommend it, if not then this is not the ORY for you.

Last edited by adamantium; 07-23-2012 at 05:45 PM.
Old 07-16-2012, 06:29 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

the merge is nice i had the same y pipe fitment was horrible just my own expierence
Old 07-16-2012, 07:13 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by therobman
the merge is nice i had the same y pipe fitment was horrible just my own expierence
Yeah i remember reading the same, what exactly didn't you like about it?

Im going to be installing it tomorrow along with some pacesetters.

BTW love your T/A man!
Old 07-16-2012, 08:48 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Damn those are sexy!!!!! I was going to grab that same header y-pipe combo but the place that's tuning my car now has a mandrel bender so I'm going custom to clear the drive shaft safety loop but keep us posted on how they fit on your ride....

Oh and we want some video to......
Old 07-16-2012, 10:52 PM
Banned

Ill get a first start vid, for sure.
Old 07-17-2012, 09:55 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

thanks it hung so damn low no matter what i did i ended up getting a used pacesetter y that fit perfectly and had the tsp merge cut and welded on. loved the merge but the fitment was horrible for me no matter what i tried the pacesetter slipped on in 5 mins no problems. I know some people have no problem fitting it but most do i was under the most category
Old 07-17-2012, 05:56 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Ok you've had all day where's are video and review?!?!?
Old 07-17-2012, 06:28 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by firebird99
Damn those are sexy!!!!! I was going to grab that same header y-pipe combo but the place that's tuning my car now has a mandrel bender so I'm going custom to clear the drive shaft safety loop but keep us posted on how they fit on your ride....

Oh and we want some video to......
Are you going full duals then? If you have access to a mandrel bender it would be worth the extra money IMO, although it is a pretty tight fit over the drive shaft.

That TSP merge is awesome, had I kept my car I would have replaced the Pacesetter with it. The merge on the Pacesetter is a joke, it has to be the worst merge I've ever seen, while the TSP is easily one of the best.
Old 07-17-2012, 08:48 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by gocartone
Are you going full duals then? If you have access to a mandrel bender it would be worth the extra money IMO, although it is a pretty tight fit over the drive shaft.
I would like to but for $$$$ reasons I'm going to stick with the slp lm1 for now since the swap and tune will eat most of my currently tight budget. I know the custom y-pipe will cost extra but the one I have now rattles like crazy and its driving me nuts!!!!
Old 07-17-2012, 10:30 PM
10 Second Club

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Mine fits great, I just hope when I hack off that bottle neck part and make it a true 3 inch merge, some of the rasp goes away
Old 07-17-2012, 10:37 PM
11 Second Club

Received 50 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by gocartone

That TSP merge is awesome, had I kept my car I would have replaced the Pacesetter with it. The merge on the Pacesetter is a joke, it has to be the worst merge I've ever seen, while the TSP is easily one of the best.
Hooker's is equally shitty
Old 07-17-2012, 10:54 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by therobman
thanks it hung so damn low no matter what i did i ended up getting a used pacesetter y that fit perfectly and had the tsp merge cut and welded on. loved the merge but the fitment was horrible for me no matter what i tried the pacesetter slipped on in 5 mins no problems. I know some people have no problem fitting it but most do i was under the most category
Yeah when the cam goes in i plan to hack off the TSP merge for a 3.5 flowmaster merge.

Originally Posted by firebird99
Ok you've had all day where's are video and review?!?!?
lol Cars on hold till the 19th since i ordered some header gaskets.

Originally Posted by Sail Hatan
Mine fits great, I just hope when I hack off that bottle neck part and make it a true 3 inch merge, some of the rasp goes away
Yeah thats exactly what i plan on doing but ill be doing a dump with a 3 inch bullet magnaflow muff.
Old 07-17-2012, 11:54 PM
11 Second Club

Received 50 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by adamantium
Yeah when the cam goes in i plan to hack off the TSP merge for a 3.5 flowmaster merge.
I just bought a 3in in 4in out FM Merge & a 4in DMH Cutout (a budget version of patrick g's setup). I cant wait to get it installed. My Hooker y pipe has a god awful merge and sounds like **** at certain rpms....
Old 07-18-2012, 12:26 AM
Staging Lane

The TSP merge on their y pipes is beautiful, however trying to get the thing to fit on headers was terrible...so I returned it. I wish I could have used it as it was tremedous pipe work lol.
Old 07-18-2012, 12:43 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Kingc8r
I just bought a 3in in 4in out FM Merge & a 4in DMH Cutout (a budget version of patrick g's setup). I cant wait to get it installed. My Hooker y pipe has a god awful merge and sounds like **** at certain rpms....

Ive seen that thread, must sound badass with the cutout open!
Old 07-18-2012, 04:56 PM
Banned

What a piece of ****. lol Bout to cut off my stock muffler off! Everything is ready to install, just waiting on tommorow.

Edit:

Just cut the old exhaust off.

Last edited by adamantium; 07-18-2012 at 05:56 PM.
Old 07-18-2012, 08:36 PM
Banned

Update: Just tried to test fit the y-pipe and yeah passanger side collector doesn't slide into the pipe so im grinding the **** out of my longtubes. -___- sick fitment bro.
Old 07-18-2012, 08:40 PM
10 Second Club

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Mine went together flawlessly, and tucks up nice. Strange. My only gripe was that I wish it came with band clamps. I had mine welded up
Old 07-18-2012, 09:07 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Sail Hatan
Mine went together flawlessly, and tucks up nice. Strange. My only gripe was that I wish it came with band clamps. I had mine welded up
Yeah your lucky lol i was outside for about an hour trying to grind down the collector enough so it could slid into the y pipe. It slides in now but still needs a bit more work, getting another bit tommorow to get at it some more.

Here are some pics

Old 07-18-2012, 09:44 PM
TECH Enthusiast

So far that's not to bad and once your hear those long tubes singing through that bullet muffler you will forget all about this little stuff.