Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

what to get?

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2012, 11:17 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default what to get?

Ok so here is the deal hopefully if everything goes right im looking to get a new rear within the next month or so. The plans for the car is to put a f1a or f1c procharger. Im shooting for 1000+hp (currently at 504rwhp and 511rwtq) and around the same with the tq numbers. Just looking for some opinions for rears. i was thinking maybe a midwest fab 9 since they are like 30miles from where i live and from what iv seen, they seem to be the best.
So what do you guys think opinions experiences ect.?
Old 07-19-2012, 02:15 PM
Launching!

If you have the money, and can handle the wait (I hear they are smaller than people think, and gonna probably wait 3-4 months for it when all said and done) I would definitely go with MWC.

Otherwise, Id go with a fully built Moser 9".
Old 07-20-2012, 01:04 AM
TECH Addict

I have a MWC Fab9 and waited 4.5 weeks for the axle. I bought a complete package with watts link, LCAs, and long TA with pretty much every option and it fits absolutely perfect. A lot more clearance than my 10 bolt and UMI TA.

Still don't have any miles on it yet, but it goes in for an alignment next Friday, then its break in time. It's going to be really hard to drive it like a grandma LOL